Imprint

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
Message
Author
User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Imprint

#26 Post by domino harvey » Thu May 21, 2020 11:20 pm

KJones77 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:06 pm
Second announcement is Jack Smight's No Way to Treat a Lady
A completely forgettable movie despite Rod Steiger’s feverish overacting. I’m not sure I’ve even thought of it once in the decade since I saw it

KJones77
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 pm

Re: Imprint

#27 Post by KJones77 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:01 am

In much better news, A Place in the Sun is the third announcement!

User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Imprint

#28 Post by domino harvey » Fri May 22, 2020 12:05 am

Excellent! Long in speculation as forthcoming from Criterion, but then they put their big George Stevens extras on Woman of the Year so who knows

User avatar
swo17
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: Imprint

#29 Post by swo17 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:09 am

#4: The Carpetbaggers

User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Imprint

#30 Post by domino harvey » Fri May 22, 2020 1:11 am

The second-worst movie Hollywood ever made about Hollywood (though it held the top title until only quite recently with Trumbo’s usurpation)

User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Imprint

#31 Post by domino harvey » Fri May 22, 2020 1:16 am

Wonder if they’ll announce the spin-off (of sorts), Nevada Smith, which is also Paramount

User avatar
swo17
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: Imprint

#32 Post by swo17 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:01 am

#5: Night Falls on Manhattan

User avatar
Grand Wazoo
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:23 pm

Re: Imprint

#33 Post by Grand Wazoo » Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 am

domino harvey wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:11 am
The second-worst movie Hollywood ever made about Hollywood (though it held the top title until only quite recently with Trumbo’s usurpation)
Where does The Oscar rank for you?

User avatar
willoneill
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Re: Imprint

#34 Post by willoneill » Fri May 22, 2020 8:26 am

swo17 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:01 am
#5: Night Falls on Manhattan
Audio commentary from Sidney Lumet ... I wonder why Paramount never put this on their original DVD.

User avatar
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Imprint

#35 Post by domino harvey » Fri May 22, 2020 11:06 am

Grand Wazoo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 am
domino harvey wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:11 am
The second-worst movie Hollywood ever made about Hollywood (though it held the top title until only quite recently with Trumbo’s usurpation)
Where does The Oscar rank for you?
Oh, it’s up (down) there. But this is worse, if you can believe it!

User avatar
FrauBlucher
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Greenwich Village

Re: Imprint

#36 Post by FrauBlucher » Fri May 22, 2020 4:56 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:05 am
Excellent! Long in speculation as forthcoming from Criterion, but then they put their big George Stevens extras on Woman of the Year so who knows
Criterion is saving it for Shelley Winters' beaucoup extras

User avatar
PfR73
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:07 pm

Re: Imprint

#37 Post by PfR73 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 pm

willoneill wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:26 am
swo17 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:01 am
#5: Night Falls on Manhattan
Audio commentary from Sidney Lumet ... I wonder why Paramount never put this on their original DVD.
They did, at least if you're referring to the US DVD release.

Post Reply