Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
colinr0380

Re: Shout! Factory / Scream Factory

#1276 Post by colinr0380 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:35 am

It was sort of inevitable that there would be a Miley Cyrus mash-up of Omen IV's best/most amusing death scene already up on YouTube!

M Sanderson

#1277 Post by M Sanderson » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 pm

ianthemovie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 pm
A deluxe Blu-ray edition of Let's Scare Jessica To Death would be fantastic. It's a wonderfully creepy and atmospheric psychological horror of the type that reached its apex in the 1970s.
Isn’t this already in the works? I’m sure a well known author/critic who’s long championed the film said he’d recorded a commentary for this.

dwk

#1278 Post by dwk » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Here are the special features for The Harder They Come:

Disc 1: THE HARDER THEY COME
  • NEW 4K scan from the original 16mm negative
  • NEW Audio Commentary with author David Katz (Jimmy Cliff: An Unauthorized Biography)
  • One and All: The Phenomenon of THE HARDER THEY COME
  • Hard Road to Travel: The Making of THE HARDER THEY COME - directed by Chris Browne
  • Vintage interviews with Jimmy Cliff, Arthur Gorson and director Perry Henzell
  • Vintage interview with a director of photography David MacDonald
  • Vintage interview with line producer Yvonne Brewster
  • THE HARDER THEY COME music video
Disc 2: NO PLACE LIKE HOME
  • NEW NO PLACE LIKE HOME - restoration from the original 16mm film elements
  • NEW audio commentary with Sally Henzell, David Garonzik, Cookie Kinkead and Arthur Gorson
  • NEW Perry Henzell: A Filmmaker’s Odyssey - A short film on the long path to completing “NO PLACE LIKE HOME”
  • NEW Rise Up from the Cutting Room Floor – the restoration of “NO PLACE LIKE HOME”
  • NEW Audio Bonus Feature – P.J. Soles original vocal track and original acoustic guitar demo by Steven Soles for the title song “World Full of Beauty”
  • NEW Theatrical Trailer
Disc 3: BONUS DISC – THE LEGACY OF PERRY HENZELL: A STORY OF JAMAICAN CINEMA
(Produced and directed by Arthur Gorson and David Garonzik, Executive Producer Justine Henzell)
  • NEW Filmin’ in the Gully – Anatomy of Three Scenes – with “The Harder They Come” cinematographer Franklyn “Chappy” St. Juste
  • NEW Duppies in the Control Room – Dynamic Sounds Studios Then and Now
  • NEW 10A – Jamaica’s Film Yard – The story of Perry Henzell’s Kingston home and production center – featuring Sally Henzell, Jason Henzell, Maxine Walters, Justine Henzell and more
  • NEW A Conversation with Sir Ridley Scott
  • NEW Live From the Reggae Awards: Red Carpet interviews with stars of the Jamaican music industry - conducted at Kingston’s most recent annual music awards show
  • NEW Out of Many One Filmmaker – The Disciples of Perry Henzell: featuring interviews with directors Storm Saulter, Rass Kassa, Chris Browne and producer Maxine Walters.
  • NEW Everyone A Star: The Original Cast – including actors P.J. Soles, Carl Bradshaw and Winston Stona
  • NEW Big Heap of Help: The Original Support Team – interviews with Perry’s first personal assistant Beverley Manley, Assistant Director Bobby Russell, and more
  • NEW Roots: The Family Henzell - including interviews with Sally Henzell, Justine Henzell and Jason Henzell
  • NEW How Perry Rocked the World – interviews with “Native” Wayne Jobson, historian Chris Salewicz, and composer Steven Soles.

doh286

#1279 Post by doh286 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Let’s Scare Jessica to Death release confirmed at Comic-Con panel.

doh286

#1280 Post by doh286 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:51 pm

Other Scream Factory releases announced at Comic-Con:

The Abominable Snowman
Big Trouble in Little China
Body Parts
Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde
Dracula (1979)
The Fan (1981)
My Bloody Valentine (1981)
Pet Sematary II
Prophecy
Roadgames
Silver Bullet
Universal Horror Vol. 3: Tower of London, Man-Made Monster, The Black Cat, Horror Island

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#1281 Post by domino harvey » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:08 am

And a collection of all of the Fly films, both from the 50s and 60s and the two 80s ones!

What A Disgrace

#1282 Post by What A Disgrace » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:16 am

I'm at the point where I'm pissed that boutique labels are getting mainstream classics because it means they won't get a 4K release.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#1283 Post by domino harvey » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 am

Also coming: New scan/release of the first Slumber Party Massacre (with a toy being made of the driller killer, WTF), Twins, Very Bad Things, Brewster's Millions, the Wizard (Hopefully an improvement on the Universal BD), and the Anne Bancroft Collection (titles unspecified)

What A Disgrace

#1284 Post by What A Disgrace » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:28 am

I'm thinking Nightfall, The Miracle Worker, and The Pumpkin Eater are titles Shout! has their eye on, regarding Bancroft.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#1285 Post by domino harvey » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:40 am

The Miracle Worker's already out from Olive and is MGM. If they're keeping it Sony like your other two guesses, it might be those plus Agnes of God, which would be a solid set

Big Ben

#1286 Post by Big Ben » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:59 am

If you like weird creature features Prophecy certainly is one. While the premise certainly isn't unique it's version of the monster is. Stephen King is a big fan of it.

barnyard078

#1287 Post by barnyard078 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:29 am

According to The Digital Bits, the Anne Bancroft Collection contains Don't Bother to Knock, The Miracle Worker, The Pumpkin Eater, The Graduate, Fatso, To Be or Not to Be, Agnes of God, and 84 Charing Cross Road.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#1288 Post by domino harvey » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:34 am

Wow

dustybooks

#1289 Post by dustybooks » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:47 am

Not that I don’t love the movie but are there more disc releases of The Graduate than any other film at this point?

mteller

#1290 Post by mteller » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:32 am

Beaver on Criss Cross. I haven't had a chance to watch my copy yet, but going by the screenshots it definitely looks quite soft in comparison to the other Blus.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#1291 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:37 am

I haven’t watched mine either but now I have buyer’s remorse

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#1292 Post by Drucker » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:45 am

It sure seems like Shout has reliable encoding issues with all releases. The Universal Horrors looked better, but I almost never pull the trigger on a release of theirs for this reason. Is it as widespread of a problem as it seems?

nitin

#1293 Post by nitin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:34 am

Not sure that looks like an encode issue though but the overuse of grain management/DNR in the 4k remaster itself.

FrauBlucher

#1295 Post by FrauBlucher » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:53 pm

I wonder what kind of work was done on these. Doesn’t say anything specific. Just Hi Def.

Ribs

#1296 Post by Ribs » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Definitely a bit rich that many already own three separate identical discs of Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein to keep that one in the mix

knives

#1297 Post by knives » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 pm

It wouldn't be complete otherwise.

dwk

#1298 Post by dwk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Here are the specs for Shout's upcoming steelbook of Rock 'n' Roll High School:
  • BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE
  • NEW "Class Of '79: 40 Years Of Rock 'N' Roll High School" – Featuring Interviews With Director/Story Writer Allan Arkush, Co-Director/Story Writer Joe Dante, Actress P.J. Soles, Screenwriter Richard Whitley, Screenwriter Russ Dvonch, Cinematographer Dean Cundey, Editor Larry Bock, And More.
  • Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush, Mike Finnell And Richard Whitley
  • Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush And Actors P.J. Soles And Clint Howard
  • Audio Commentary With Richard Whitley And Russ Dvonch
  • Audio Commentary With Executive Producer Roger Corman And Actress Dey Young
  • "Back To School: A Retrospective" With Interviews From Allan Arkush, Executive Producer Roger Corman And More
  • "Staying After Class": An Interview With Actors P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten And Dey Young
  • Interview With Roger Corman Conducted By Leonard Maltin
  • Interview With Allan Arkush Including A Look At Rare, Behind-The-Scenes Stills
  • Audio Outtakes From The Roxy
  • Original Radio Ads And TV Spot
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Optional English subtitles for the main feature

colinr0380

#1299 Post by colinr0380 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:02 am

I like that we seem to be having a P.J. Soles renaissance with her interviews on Rock 'n' Roll High School and No Place Like Home.

And great to know that the incredibly silly but very entertaining Hands of Orlac/Mad Love update for the early 90s, Body Parts, is getting a release. I am most excited to finally get the chance to see it in its proper aspect ratio after only having seen it pan and scanned on television screenings. Opening with probably one of the most vivid and sudden car crash scenes in film, it is probably Jeff Fahey's best film role from just before he was in The Lawnmower Man. Plus the excellent supporting cast features Brad Dourif (I seem to recall as a painter who gets the executed killer's eye or arm (?) and starts painting vivid visions of murder! Though the most pitiable character of the entire film has to be the sporty chap who gets one of the legs transplanted and goes around kicking people in the backside all the time!), Lindsay Duncan as the crazed mad scientist, and Zakes Mokae (whose biggest role was to come a year later in Richard Stanley's Dust Devil. But he's also briefly in Waterworld) as the befuddled policeman investigating the carnage!

Oh and its based on Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac's 1965 novel Choice Cuts. Those writers of course being better known for Vertigo and Les diaboliques!
Last edited by colinr0380 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.