Blue Underground

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.

Supporting_Character

Re: Blue Underground

#352 Post by Supporting_Character » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Bill Lustig appears on the newest episode of my show Supporting Characters. We talk at length about Blue Underground, how he initially became involved in home video, his years working with Anchor Bay Entertainment, select films he's been involved with, and a good deal more. He did confirm that My Brilliant Career is coming to Criterion, though I gather it was already determined around here that Janus had it.

http://www.nowplayingnetwork.net/suppor ... /episode37.

M Sanderson

#353 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 am

Just want to say, very happy with the Stendhal replacement. First time I’ve seen it look good. This has been through so many unsatisfactory home video presentations. Maybe there’s a line missing but I can live with this.

Also, just watched Larry Cohen’s God Told Me To. New York looks extremely crisp and fresh and vibrant in this excellent release. Got me in the mood for Shout’s It’s Alive Trilogy, arriving hopefully this week.

Adam Grikepelis

#354 Post by Adam Grikepelis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Supporting_Character wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 pm
Bill Lustig appears on the newest episode of my show Supporting Characters
Thankyou for your wonderful podcast. The Bill Lustig episode was a really interesting listen (the Dario Argento stories were great), and again, I'm finding my listening to The Rialto Report is informing things I hear and read lately. It was personally weird for me listening to the Alexandra Heller-Nicholas episode, as I was at Uni with her for a short while, but it made for an engrossing though weirdly voyeuristic tale of what she's been up to since then. Looking forward to many more episodes to come, I hope.

dwk

#355 Post by dwk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Specs for Blue Underground;s new Zombie Blu-ray:
Release date is November 27
Brand-New 4K Remastered 40th Anniversary Limited Edition!

Zombie: Limited Edition

In Italy, it was considered the 'unofficial sequel' to DAWN OF THE DEAD. In England, it was known as ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS and banned as obscene. In America, it was called ZOMBIE and advertised with the depraved tag line "WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!" Tisa Farrow (THE GRIM REAPER), Ian McCulloch (CONTAMINATION), Al Cliver (CANNIBALS), and Richard Johnson (THE HAUNTING) star in this worldwide splatter sensation directed by 'Maestro Of Gore' Lucio Fulci (CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY) that remains one of the most eye-skewering, skin-ripping, gore-gushingly graphic horror hits of all time!

Just in time for its 40th Anniversary, Blue Underground is proud to present ZOMBIE in a brand-new 4K Restoration from the original uncut and uncensored camera negative. This is ZOMBIE like you've truly never seen it before, bursting at the seams with hours of new and archival Extras!

Bonus Materials
NEW - Audio Commentary #1 with Troy Howarth, author of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci and His Films
Audio Commentary #2 with Star Ian McCulloch and Diabolik Magazine Editor Jason J. Slater
NEW - Interview with Stephen Thrower, author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
Theatrical Trailers, TV Spots, Radio Spots
Poster & Still Gallery
Guillermo del Toro Intro
Zombie Wasteland – Interviews with Stars Ian McCulloch, Richard Johnson & Al Cliver, and Actor/Stuntman Ottaviano Dell'Acqua
Flesh Eaters on Film – Interview with Co-Producer Fabrizio De Angelis
Deadtime Stories – Interviews with Co-Writers Elisa Briganti and (Uncredited) Dardano Sacchetti
World of the Dead – Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati and Production & Costume Designer Walter Patriarca
Zombi Italiano – Interviews with Special Make-Up Effects Artists Gianetto De Rossi & Maurizio Trani and Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi
Notes on a Headstone – Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi
All in the Family – Interview with Antonella Fulci
Zombie Lover – Award-Winning Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro talks about one of his favorite films
BONUS CD – ZOMBIE Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Fabio Frizzi
BONUS Collectable Booklet with new essay by author Stephen Thrower
and the specs for the new Maniac Blu-ray
Release date is November 13
Directed by William Lustig (MANIAC COP 2, VIGILANTE) and featuring landmark gore effects by Tom Savini (DAWN OF THE DEAD, FRIDAY THE 13th), this relentlessly shocking and disturbing film was originally censored all over the world due to its graphic violence. Now Blue Underground is thrilled to present MANIAC in a brand-new 4K Restoration from its recently discovered 16mm original camera negative, overflowing with hours of new and archival Extras!

Bonus Materials

Audio Commentary #1 with Co-Producer/Director William Lustig and Co-Producer Andrew W. Garroni
Audio Commentary #2 with Co-Producer/Director William Lustig, Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini, Editor Lorenzo Marinelli, and Joe Spinell’s Assistant Luke Walter
NEW – Returning to the Scene of the Crime with William Lustig
NEW – MANIAC Outtakes Featurette
Anna and the Killer – Interview with Star Caroline Munro
The Death Dealer – Interview with Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini
Dark Notes – Interview with Composer Jay Chattaway
Maniac Men – Interview with Songwriters Michael Sembello and Dennis Matkosky
Theatrical Trailers, TV Spots, Radio Spots
Mr. Robbie: Maniac 2 Promo Reel
The Joe Spinell Story
MANIAC Publicity
MANIAC Controversy
BONUS CD – MANIAC Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Jay Chattaway