It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:31 am 

Is Between Night and Dawn region locked?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:56 pm 

DVDbeaver said it's region free.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:24 pm 

Is there anyone who's bought Suture from Arrow recently and can confirm whether or not it came with a booklet?
I can never figure out if it's absence from the extras listing indicates it's out of print, or it was just never listed - it's not mentioned on Amazon's listing either.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:19 pm 

L.A. wrote:
Hopefully Becker’s Montparnasse 19 is cheap in the next sale.

Now then, ordered.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:32 pm 

Shipping for 2 Woody Allen's 6-film sets is £7.50, but for 1 6-film set and 1 7-film set the shipping price goes up to £13... :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:38 pm 

Yeah, shipping jumps a bit. In the UK, ordering normal releases in batches of four may be cheapest as shipping jumps from 85p to £2 when ordering a fifth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:50 pm 

Generally you want to get single titles in batches of four, boxsets in batches of two, or one boxset along with as many as seven single titles. The third Woody Allen set appears to be an exception to the two boxsets rule, but it looks like you can order it along with as many as five single titles and the shipping cost will stay at £7.50.

I suspect there is a weight assigned to each item somewhere in their system which supports the general rules I just mentioned on average, but that certain slightly heavier titles will occasionally push things over the limit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:22 pm 

So I ordered a couple box sets plus a half dozen individual titles this past sale. Shipping was £13 regular, £14 tracked, went with the latter. And it finally shipped yesterday (by Fedex), due Monday which was not a good day, so I tried to have it kept at Fedex for pickup maybe sometime that day or maybe the next, but not an option nor was much of anything else, aside from putting a vacation hold in place from today until Tuesday. Seemed to take, but lo and behold I get an email this morning saying it's on the truck and on its way to my door today... Nice to get overnight delivery and all, and I'm sure my wife will be oh so happy to hear their knock on the door, but really it's like I'm under attack, no way to avoid the grim reaper. wtf Fedex...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:22 pm 

fdm wrote:
So I ordered a couple box sets plus a half dozen individual titles this past sale. Shipping was £13 regular, £14 tracked, went with the latter. And it finally shipped yesterday (by Fedex), due Monday which was not a good day, so I tried to have it kept at Fedex for pickup maybe sometime that day or maybe the next, but not an option nor was much of anything else, aside from putting a vacation hold in place from today until Tuesday. Seemed to take, but lo and behold I get an email this morning saying it's on the truck and on its way to my door today... Nice to get overnight delivery and all, and I'm sure my wife will be oh so happy to hear their knock on the door, but really it's like I'm under attack, no way to avoid the grim reaper. wtf Fedex...

I don't know where to start in this mess of a paragraph but is it bad that your wife knows you ordered arrow blu rays? I mean it could always be something much worse.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:56 pm 

Partly the wrath of wife factor (she's been home all week so that got old several days ago); partly what the heck's any different with this fedex package and any other where you actually can have it delivered (or pick it up) when it's convenient for you, if you happen to need that or just want to do it that way. Sorry to waste everybody's time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:40 pm 

From Twitter:

Quote:
***THREE FILMS BY JIA ZHANGKE STOCK UPDATE***

Our Zhangke boxset is now sold out via the Arrow Store! If you missed out never fear, Amazon.co.uk still have a limited amount of stock available...

Wow, a fast seller! Let's hope this encourages them to do more Chinese cinema in future! :D

Still for sale here...

HMV.com (£39.99)
Amazon.co.uk (£39.99)
Base.com (£35.49)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:51 am 

TMDaines wrote:
Looks a decent sale. Le Amour Fou, Tout va bien, The Love of a Woman and Spotlight on a Murderer all stand out at £7.50. Shipping for the four at less than a quid seems good!

Ordered just after the sale started and got booklets in all four.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:17 am 

rapta wrote:
From Twitter:

Quote:
***THREE FILMS BY JIA ZHANGKE STOCK UPDATE***

Our Zhangke boxset is now sold out via the Arrow Store! If you missed out never fear, Amazon.co.uk still have a limited amount of stock available...

Wow, a fast seller! Let's hope this encourages them to do more Chinese cinema in future! :D

Still for sale here...

HMV.com (£39.99)
Amazon.co.uk (£39.99)
Base.com (£35.49)

Hasn't it been sold out from their store for a while? Low quantities there were reported in January (the month of release) and it definitely was missing from their website at the time of the last sale.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:37 am 

But nobody believes Arrow when they report on something in the Academy range being sold out from their store because they have almost always been wrong in the past and it's popped back up a few weeks later!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26