Signal One Entertainment

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

Re: Signal One Entertainment

#51 Post by Drucker » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:55 pm

The Iron Curtain is now showing as dual-format on Amazon.

Edit, just went to page 2 of my wishlist and Man Hunt, Sun Also Rises, and Panic In The Streets are also dual format.

rapta

#52 Post by rapta » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Also applies to Guns at Batasi and The Magus. Seems they've decided to merge the separate releases into Dual Format Editions, but will presumably mean the price will go up a bit - indeed, The Iron Curtain is already at £14.99 from HMV (though in their 2 for £25 offer). I wonder if they'll start adding booklets...not likely, but you never know.

L.A.

#53 Post by L.A. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:09 pm

chatterjees

#54 Post by chatterjees » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 pm

rapta wrote:Also applies to Guns at Batasi and The Magus. Seems they've decided to merge the separate releases into Dual Format Editions, but will presumably mean the price will go up a bit - indeed, The Iron Curtain is already at £14.99 from HMV (though in their 2 for £25 offer). I wonder if they'll start adding booklets...not likely, but you never know.
Also, all these dual formats will probably be in Scanavo (Criterion style) cases. I received my copy of The Magus few weeks ago and it came in such case. They should start updating their product pictures. I really want them to start including booklets.

rapta

#55 Post by rapta » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:21 pm

chatterjees wrote:
rapta wrote:Also applies to Guns at Batasi and The Magus. Seems they've decided to merge the separate releases into Dual Format Editions, but will presumably mean the price will go up a bit - indeed, The Iron Curtain is already at £14.99 from HMV (though in their 2 for £25 offer). I wonder if they'll start adding booklets...not likely, but you never know.
Also, all these dual formats will probably be in Scanavo (Criterion style) cases. I received my copy of The Magus few weeks ago and it came in such case. They should start updating their product pictures. I really want them to start including booklets.
I saw them all in Fopp the other week, and indeed the Dual Format releases are in Scanavo cases. Stupidly didn't snap some of them up at £6 a pop (but did get The Culpepper Cattle Co purely out of curiosity). Oh well, I'm sure they'll be on sale again another time.

Man Hunt disc looks good, may go for it at the current price. Panic in the Streets is next on my radar...wonder if they somehow managed to get an unfiltered master in the end? Particularly love Kazan though, so can't miss it either way.

TMDaines

#56 Post by TMDaines » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:45 am

Signal One discs cost £6 at Fopp? Reconsidering my Man Hunt pre-order now, although I do want it for the Lang project.

rapta

#57 Post by rapta » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 am

Yeah, for a brief period anyway (and Mr Majestyk only £5 for some reason). Got someone on another forum to snap up five titles and pop them in the post for me, but then managed to get to Fopp a couple of weeks later and got a sixth whilst I was there.

Dunno if it'll still be active once Man Hunt is released - they tend to match HMV's price on new releases, so it'll likely be £11 on release - but might be worth checking anyway. Not clear how often they'll have offers like this, as £6 seems to be their lowest price yet; I've seen some of them in Fopp before at £8 and £10, depending on the title. Could just be a yearly offer, so obviously depends if you want to wait that long or not!

TMDaines

#58 Post by TMDaines » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Fopp posted a pic of Man Hunt with an £11 sticker on it. MoC's new Bunuel title is part of their 2 for £25 offering

rockysds

#59 Post by rockysds » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:12 pm

The Gunfighter and Let's Make Love in February.

What A Disgrace

#60 Post by What A Disgrace » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 pm

I've been waiting for The Gunfighter on Blu-ray for ages.

I hope Don't Bother to Knock is in the works. As far as lesser loved Monroe vehicles go, well, I haven't seen it yet so I like it better than Let's Make Love (which I will nevertheless purchase for re-evaluation purposes).

lzx

#61 Post by lzx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:59 am

The Three Faces of Eve, The Earth Dies Screaming (January), Halls of Montezuma and The Inspector a.k.a. Lisa (March) round out their Q1 slate.

rockysds

#62 Post by rockysds » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Nightmare Alley announced as forthcoming on Facebook

rapta

#63 Post by rapta » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:06 pm

And their sister label Plan B Entertainment recently released Broken Arrow, are about to release The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw, and also have several other decent titles announced: The Rare Breed, Firestarter and Red Rock West.

That's just for starters...both labels have several more planned for this year!

Adam X

#64 Post by Adam X » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Red Rock West, finally!
Is there any info out there about Plan B? All I get searching the net is info about Brad Pitt’s production company. I assume Signal One are using it as more of a genre-oriented sub-label?

rapta

#65 Post by rapta » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:54 pm

No I believe it was set up by two friends of James from Signal One, and he's involved in it too, whilst Signal One is just a solo operation. The titles so far seem to be a similar mix for both labels - so expect more Westerns, noir, horrors, thrillers, comedies etc from either label.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#66 Post by domino harvey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Red Rock West is already out in a fine German Blu-ray for under $10, FYI

L.A.

#67 Post by L.A. » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:44 am

Beaver reviews for Deadfall (1968) and Damnation Alley (1977). Michael Caine is always a good sign (if I may say so). What about the latter, is it any good?

Costa

#68 Post by Costa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:30 am

L.A. wrote:Beaver reviews for Deadfall (1968) and Damnation Alley (1977). Michael Caine is always a good sign (if I may say so). What about the latter, is it any good?
If you like cheesy 70s-80s style sci-fi, well, it's viewable.
It's not a MUST purchase for me personally.

But I have a hunch if i had watched it for the first time in my chilhood, I would buy it for nostalgia's sake.

Lost Highway

#69 Post by Lost Highway » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:58 am

L.A. wrote:Beaver reviews for Deadfall (1968) and Damnation Alley (1977). Michael Caine is always a good sign (if I may say so). What about the latter, is it any good?
I saw it as an impressionable teenager when it came out and I remember hating it even then. It looked very cheap and it was sluggishly paced. And this is from someone who went to see Empire of the Ants three times when it came out, so I certainly wasn’t trash-averse. The only interesting thing about it is the question what Dominique Sanda was doing in this.

colinr0380

#70 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Here are the Mondo Digital reviews for Deadfall and Damnation Alley.

L.A.

#71 Post by L.A. » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Costa wrote:If you like cheesy 70s-80s style sci-fi, well, it's viewable.
It's not a MUST purchase for me personally.

But I have a hunch if i had watched it for the first time in my chilhood, I would buy it for nostalgia's sake.
Lost Highway wrote:I saw it as an impressionable teenager when it came out and I remember hating it even then. It looked very cheap and it was sluggishly paced. And this is from someone who went to see Empire of the Ants three times when it came out, so I certainly wasn’t trash-averse. The only interesting thing about it is the question what Dominique Sanda was doing in this.
Thank you both.

Orlac

#72 Post by Orlac » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Is Plan B's Firestarter a limited editon as a blu-ray or just as the whole package (Blu-Ray + DVD + booklet) in the vein of Indicator?

rapta

#73 Post by rapta » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:27 am

Orlac wrote:Is Plan B's Firestarter a limited editon as a blu-ray or just as the whole package (Blu-Ray + DVD + booklet) in the vein of Indicator?
Think it's just the booklet/poster/art cards which are limited. Once those are gone it'll just be the same discs in a case.

So yes, similar to Indicator - though I don't imagine they'll ditch the DVD disc, nor change from Scanavo to Amaray packaging, nor even formally reissue it. So actually more like Arrow, who now make booklets limited but can't say for sure when they'll run out.

Orlac

#74 Post by Orlac » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:41 am

I'd rather companies made a distinction on the packaging about whether the booklets are there or not. I look silly in HMV looking at the boxes from funny angles!

AidanKing

#75 Post by AidanKing » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:15 am

Orlac wrote:I'd rather companies made a distinction on the packaging about whether the booklets are there or not. I look silly in HMV looking at the boxes from funny angles!
I'm glad it's not just me who does this! I too would like the labels who produce limited edition booklets to make it clear on the packaging whether the booklet is included. I think this applies to Arrow in particular, though.