It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:54 pm 

I was wondering what happened to this film after all the effusive praise at Cannes. Seemed Amazon didn't want to campaign for it during Oscar season, I guess, because it's coming on April 6th, 2018, according to an announcement made yesterday via Twitter...

Amusingly/depressingly, Lynne Ramsay's name is misspelled in the bio of the film's official Twitter account, along with the hashtag "#BringTheHammer." Woof. Glad it's being marketed with all the gusto of a direct-to-video Seagal film.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 am 

Assuming it hasn't changed too much from the version I saw at Cannes, it's too weird/violent for the Academy anyway. I loved it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:52 am 

Has there been talk of re-cutting?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 am 

Think it was more that the cut seen at Cannes was completed at the last minute. The edit they submitted for consideration actually had frames of storyboard in it. Ramsay said the sound edit was done in five days where it would normally be three weeks, and that she was looking to play around with the music some more, especially Greenwood's score. It showed at the LFF, but I don't know if there were any substantive differences.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:02 am 

The Cannes version didn't have any end credits, which was quite a bizarre experience - after brief cards for Ramsey and Phoenix, the music continued playing out over black, and the lights didn't come up either, leaving everyone to shuffle out in darkness! From what I understand the London version was the finished film, and any changes were pretty negligible. It certainly seemed like a finished film (credits aside) at Cannes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:23 pm 

Trailer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:14 pm 

Amazon's going to have to really screw up the distribution on this for it not to be their biggest hit yet.