It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
 Post subject: Re: Netflix
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:38 pm 
Bringing Out El Duende

Image Image
Bittoo Boss & Kama Sutra, two Hindi films I caught on the streaming service today were quite different experiences. I can't recommend Bittoo at all. Indian tv star, Pulkit Samrat, who plays a talented wedding video shooter, made his admirable feature film debut. But the film has a wayward script that goes south about halfway and not nearly enough dance numbers for this less-than-typical Bollywood flick. It's a shame, too, because Samrat moves well. Director, Mira Nair's Kama Sutra is in a different class altogether. A classic tale set in 16th century India, Nair captures a refreshingly authentic sensual Punjabi love story. It's one of my faves that is also available as a Netflix download (one of the few times I've bothered with this feature). The soundtracks to both films are superb.
Good Nair Interview

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:54 pm 

I know it's been a while, but Netflix can go fuck themselves with their new and useless ratings system. It's there any way to circumvent this bullshit and find their old system of ratings?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:56 pm 

If you still have DVD rentals you can use their old system through that part of the website.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:19 am 
Bringing Out El Duende

dx23 wrote:
I know it's been a while, but Netflix can go fuck themselves with their new and useless ratings system. It's there any way to circumvent this bullshit and find their old system of ratings?

Hear, hear. Now to convert family members to APrime, whose rating system is almost as dysfunctional, but whose selection is far more varied.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:47 am 

ando wrote:
Hear, hear. Now to convert family members to APrime, whose rating system is almost as dysfunctional, but whose selection is far more varied.

I have Amanzon Prime and have been using it as frequently as Netflix. Still, the ratings system there sucks too like you mentioned.

captveg wrote:
If you still have DVD rentals you can use their old system through that part of the website.

Unfortunately, I dropped the DVD rental part a while ago.

I wonder if the ratings system change is just a ploy so people would be fooled to watch all those shitty Netflix Adam Sandler films even though they were getting horrible reviews.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:59 pm 

It came about almost immediately after Amy Schumer's last stand up special was trashed by everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:46 am 
Bringing Out El Duende

dx23 wrote:
ando wrote:

I have Amanzon Prime and have been using it as frequently as Netflix. Still, the ratings system there sucks too like you mentioned.

Just a note regarding AP movie reviews: you can submit a review by hitting the "view all reviews" tab at the bottom of the feature page. It'll take you to the Amazon site where all the reviews are displayed.

Btw, having fun exploring their streaming catalogue. I use the Just Watch search engine (Instantwatch equivalent) in conjunction with Prime Movies. Smart filters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68