Straub & Huillet on DVD

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
JimmyTango

Re: Straub & Huillet on DVD

#51 Post by JimmyTango » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:36 am

$375 for Moses and Aaron?

GrasshopperFilm

#52 Post by GrasshopperFilm » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 am

The $375 price is the institutional rate, which includes the right to hold screenings of the film. We'll be announcing home video releases later this year.

Oedipax

#53 Post by Oedipax » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm

GrasshopperFilm wrote:The $375 price is the institutional rate, which includes the right to hold screenings of the film. We'll be announcing home video releases later this year.
Any word on video formats? Hint hint :)

rockysds

#54 Post by rockysds » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Grasshopper Film's Moses and Aaron blu-ray will include Introduction to Arnold Schoenberg’s “Accompaniment to a Cinematographic Scene”, Machorka-Muff and Not Reconciled.

knives

#55 Post by knives » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Damn, they found a way to make me double dip.

jsteffe

#56 Post by jsteffe » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:40 pm

rockysds wrote:Grasshopper Film's Moses and Aaron blu-ray will include Introduction to Arnold Schoenberg’s “Accompaniment to a Cinematographic Scene”, Machorka-Muff and Not Reconciled.
Whoa! Those are way more than just "special features." Not Reconciled is worthy of a release on its own.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#57 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 pm

jsteffe wrote:
rockysds wrote:Grasshopper Film's Moses and Aaron blu-ray will include Introduction to Arnold Schoenberg’s “Accompaniment to a Cinematographic Scene”, Machorka-Muff and Not Reconciled.
Whoa! Those are way more than just "special features." Not Reconciled is worthy of a release on its own.
I'm not a fan of Not Reconciled but yeah, they seem to have buried the lede here

accatone

#58 Post by accatone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Memories: Danièle Huillet, Jean-Marie Straub V'04, German only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9LtwDONIo4

Cinephile1

#59 Post by Cinephile1 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:39 am

Which films by them, if any, are next in line to be released on DVD/BD by Grasshopper, Edition Filmmuseum, or whomever? Thanks!

hearthesilence

#60 Post by hearthesilence » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:18 pm

I should've posted this much earlier, but Metrograph members have access to many of their films via Metrograph's home streaming collection. The quality is top-notch - I haven't watched all of them, but they appear to be derived from recent 2K restorations made from fresh scans of the original camera negative (with 4K scans for those that I know to be filmed on 35mm). When you get to the very end of the credits (after the music finishes), they will have restoration cards that will display all the relevant information in French. One caveat: you can expect the usual compression artifacts that comes with streaming.

FWIW, even though it says "complete," they clearly don't have everything they made. (They do have most of their work though.) As if to drive this point home, a bunch of them will no longer be available after tomorrow, including several of their best films that aren't available on Blu-ray either. Among those being pulled after tomorrow, I personally favor the features From the Cloud to the Resistance and Too Early, Too Late and the shorts Black Sin (worth it for the opening alone) and Cezanne, Conversation with Joachim Gaasquet. You can also catch a DCP of From the Cloud to the Resistance at Lincoln Center on Saturday afternoon (and it's actually playing there right now as I type).