House: The Complete Collection

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#1 Post by Drucker » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:52 pm

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Arrow Films

#2 Post by domino harvey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:26 pm

Joshua Jackson in Scream 2 will be thrilled!

Ribs

#3 Post by Ribs » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:58 am

Step inside, we’ve been expecting you! At long-last, Arrow Video is proud to present the complete House saga, brought together on Blu-ray for the first time!

In the original House, William Katt (Carrie) stars as Roger Cobb, a horror novelist struggling to pen his next bestseller. When he inherits his great aunt’s creaky old mansion, Roger decides that he might just have found the ideal place in which to get some writing done. Unfortunately, the house’s vindictive supernatural residents have other ideas…

House II: The Second Story sees young Jesse (Arye Gross) moving into an old family mansion where his parents were mysteriously murdered years before. Plans for turning the place into a party pad are soon thwarted by the appearance of Jesse’s mummified Great Grandpa, his mystical crystal skull and the zombified cowboy who’ll stop at nothing to lay his hands on it!

In House 3 (released domestically as The Horror Show) Lance Henriksen (Aliens) stars as a detective who sends a sadistic serial killer to the electric chair, only to find himself stalked by the maniac from beyond the grave. Meanwhile, House IV: The Repossession has William Katt returning to the fold for one last terrifying tale mixing seedy mobsters, Native American spirits and a singing pizza in perhaps the barmiest House entry of all!

From the team that brought you Friday the 13th, the House films remain era-defining horror classics – now newly restored and loaded with brand new extras!

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

Brand new 2K restorations of all four films
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
The House Companion – limited edition 156-page book featuring new writing on the entire House franchise by researcher Simon Barber, alongside a wealth of archive material

HOUSE

Audio commentary with director Steve Miner, producer Sean S. Cunningham, actor William Katt and screenwriter Ethan Wiley
Ding Dong, You’re Dead! The Making of House – brand new documentary featuring interviews with Steve Miner, Sean S. Cunningham, Ethan Wiley, story creator Fred Dekker, stars William Katt, Kay Lenz, and George Wendt, composer Harry Manfredini, special make-up and creature effects artists Barney Burman, Brian Wade, James Belohovek, Shannon Shea, Kirk Thatcher, and Bill Sturgeon, special paintings artists Richard Hescox and William Stout, and stunt coordinator Kane Hodder
Stills Gallery
Theatrical Trailers

HOUSE II: THE SECOND STORY

Audio commentary with writer-director Ethan Wiley and producer Sean S. Cunningham
It’s Getting Weirder! The Making of House II: The Second Story – brand new documentary featuring interviews with Ethan Wiley, Sean S. Cunningham, stars Arye Gross, Jonathan Stark, Lar Park Lincoln, and Devin DeVasquez, composer Harry Manfredini, special make-up & creature effects artists Chris Walas, Mike Smithson, visual effects supervisor Hoyt Yeatman, and stunt coordinator Kane Hodder
Stills Gallery
Theatrical Trailer

HOUSE III: THE HORROR SHOW

Uncut Version, for the first time on Blu-ray!
Audio commentary with producer Sean S. Cunningham
The Show Must Go On – interview with actor/stuntman Kane Hodder
House Mother – interview with actress Rita Taggart
Slaughter Inc. – brand new featurette with special make-up effects creators Robert Kurtzman, Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger
Behind-the-Scenes Footage
Stills Gallery
Theatrical Trailer

HOUSE IV: THE REPOSSESSION

Audio commentary with director Lewis Abernathy
Home Deadly Home: The Making of House IV – brand new documentary featuring interviews with director Lewis Abernathy, producer Sean S. Cunningham, stars Terri Treas and William Katt, actor/stunt coordinator Kane Hodder, and composer Harry Manfredini
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailer

27th March

Ribs

Re: Forthcoming: House Collection

#4 Post by Ribs » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:05 pm

Poor House 3 doesn't get a making-of featurette

I'm not really familiar with these other than the amazing tagline for the first one but this seems like the first Arrow Video big box set that's piqued my interest in quite a while.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: House: The Complete Collection

#5 Post by domino harvey » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:14 pm

I saw whichever one has George Wendt in it when I was a kid, that's the extent to which I remember it though

cdnchris
Site Admin

#6 Post by cdnchris » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:19 pm

I watched the first recently and it hasn't aged particularly well, at least in terms of how you might expect an 80s horror/comedy taking on the effects of the Vietnam war would.

Cronenfly

#7 Post by Cronenfly » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:07 pm

I find it pretty funny that Arrow seemingly could not get the rights to three and four in the US. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like a long shot that standalone releases of the latter two films could possibly do better for whoever else has the rights than loaning them out to Arrow would.

Adam X

#8 Post by Adam X » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Taking that long shot on the 3rd film would be Scream Factory, which has nothing to do with the first two anyway, and was seemingly only released as House III outside of the US.

dwk

#9 Post by dwk » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:55 pm

US rights to House 4 are owned by Warner Brothers

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#10 Post by domino harvey » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:59 pm

I'm sure all of these fascinating details and more will make up the 156 page book. So, we've covered about one or two pages of material, what on earth could possibly fill the other 154 pages?

knives

#11 Post by knives » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:00 pm

The first film has a pretty interesting evolution from a more straightforward film to what we have now that could cover 10 or so pages.

Ribs

#12 Post by Ribs » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:06 pm

I dearly, dearly love Arrow's books and long may they continue, but probably a good 70 pages or so of that are pictures.

Ribs

#13 Post by Ribs » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:56 am

Book appears to have been downgraded to be the same in both regions, only 60 pages.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#14 Post by tenia » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:47 pm

I wouldn't surprised if the texts originally planned simply turned out to be much shorted than expected. It might not be a bad thing to reduce it altogether rather than having a book containing 80% of pictures.

PianoMan88

#15 Post by PianoMan88 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:38 pm

I'm a sucker for nice books. But I have to say I would not understand how the two books could be exactly the same if the US edition does not include the fourth instalment of the series. You would think it would at least have a few words on the movie that is not part of the US edition.

I am hoping they keep the original 156-page book. Is it official that the two will be the same, or just rumours?

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#16 Post by tenia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:59 am

Now £34.99 on Amazon.co.uk.

Ribs

#17 Post by Ribs » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:44 am

Looks like this has now sold out at the Arrow store.

MichaelB

#18 Post by MichaelB » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:13 am

tenia wrote:I wouldn't surprised if the texts originally planned simply turned out to be much shorted than expected. It might not be a bad thing to reduce it altogether rather than having a book containing 80% of pictures.
The House manuscript that I copy-edited was around 26,000 words, and wasn't complete.

Ribs

#19 Post by Ribs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Book finalized at 148 pages, but is still somehow the same for both the US and the UK despite half the content of the set missing.

dwk

#20 Post by dwk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Cash Flagg

#21 Post by Cash Flagg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am

Posters on Blu-ray.com are reporting (with screencaps) that the framing on the first film is off-center, revealing a crew member's arm and an unfinished set, among other errors.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#22 Post by Drucker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 pm

alvareo

#23 Post by alvareo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Cash Flagg wrote:Posters on Blu-ray.com are reporting (with screencaps) that the framing on the first film is off-center, revealing a crew member's arm and an unfinished set, among other errors.
Lovely QC. Hellraiser collection all over again

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#24 Post by tenia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:30 pm

And yet, at least the first 3 movies look very centered in motion, baring a couple of mistakes being revealed. It is nowhere, absolutely nowhere as bad as Hellraiser 3, though it sure raises questions about why the Arrow Lakeshore titles are having these framing discussions almost systematically.

alvareo

#25 Post by alvareo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 am

tenia wrote:And yet, at least the first 3 movies look very centered in motion, baring a couple of mistakes being revealed. It is nowhere, absolutely nowhere as bad as Hellraiser 3, though it sure raises questions about why the Arrow Lakeshore titles are having these framing discussions almost systematically.
I don't know, framing being off that much is already bad enough, "framing so bad you can see props and crew members" qualifies as unacceptable to me and warrants a recall and replacement, and so should've Hellraiser 3, for that matter.