Where's my MoC?

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
zedz

#101 Post by zedz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:12 pm

domino harvey wrote:Amazon UK's shipping "box" (that's being polite) is so weird. My last shipment arrived with tape from my post office even though it was sealed okay, just because they assumed it was opened.
I've had an almost identical experience. It's a ridiculously bad design with a pop-up bottom, so you often get a box with a meticulously sealed top and its guts spilling out underneath. Makes me think of the magician's escape from the trunk in The Lady Vanishes. I suppose the box would stay intact if (and only if) it was stuffed full, but anything less and it's disembowelled.

Bürgermeister

Re: Where's my MoC?

#102 Post by Bürgermeister » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:00 pm

CDWOW are taking ages with Rocco and His Brothers ordered it on 27th September. I just get the usual having difficulty getting it from suppliers or suppliers can't get it. Not cancelled because I’ve managed to order it for £9.

zone_resident

#103 Post by zone_resident » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:46 pm

I've received the shipment notice for L'argent (amazon.co.uk).

sir karl

#104 Post by sir karl » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 am

Received L'Enfance-nue, Nosferatu, Shoah and the Buster Keaton Box in just 2 days shipping time from Eureka. Awesome service and of course awesome price. Thanks Eureka!

feckless boy

#105 Post by feckless boy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:53 am

My copy of Muriel shipped yesterday from HMV - no review or screencaps yet?

Will Barks

#106 Post by Will Barks » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:44 pm

I just recieved "Asphalt" from dvd.co.uk. The case was unsealed and the booklet was missing. ](*,)

TheGodfather

#107 Post by TheGodfather » Fri May 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Received my shipping notice for Il Grido from blahdvd today. nice.

TheGodfather

#108 Post by TheGodfather » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:42 pm

My copy of Tokyo Sonata was shipped on the 17th by HMV. Nice!

Oggilby

#109 Post by Oggilby » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Ordered my first MoCs from Amazon UK - Faust, Nosferatu, and The Last Laugh. It was about $15 cheaper than getting the Kino R1 editions. :P

They shipped on the 23rd, but the expected delivery is August 4th. Is this normal for UK-to-US shipping via Royal Mail? There's no tracking number from what I can tell.

ZizouJuve

#110 Post by ZizouJuve » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Oggilby wrote:Ordered my first MoCs from Amazon UK - Faust, Nosferatu, and The Last Laugh. It was about $15 cheaper than getting the Kino R1 editions. :P

They shipped on the 23rd, but the expected delivery is August 4th. Is this normal for UK-to-US shipping via Royal Mail? There's no tracking number from what I can tell.

That sounds about right from my experience. A week and a few days for Royal Mail to Pittsburgh, PA is what it usually takes for me.

doc mccoy

#111 Post by doc mccoy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Amazon shipped my copy of Nous ne vieillirons pas ensemble today.

hamsterburger

Re: 66 Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

#112 Post by hamsterburger » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:40 am

Tabu is out of stock at play.com, sendit and the Hut. Amazon.co.uk has only 2 in stock, but assures that ”more are on the way”. I have been waiting for my play.com order for three weeks now.

Does anyone know anything about this title going out of print? Or is it just a case of a temporary dry up while new copies are printed?

broadwayrock

#113 Post by broadwayrock » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:35 am

Probably a temporary dry up.

I received a copy from sendit last week.

hamsterburger

#114 Post by hamsterburger » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:13 pm

broadwayrock wrote:Probably a temporary dry up.

I received a copy from sendit last week.
I hope that`s the case, because now amazon.co.uk is out of stock and so is HVM. Damn.
By the way, did your copy have a regular amaray case or one of those thick double-size ones that some of the MoCs with thick booklets come with?

peerpee
not perpee

#115 Post by peerpee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:51 pm

TABU will shortly be restocked. This is a supply chain problem and not a repressing issue.

TABU and EDVARD MUNCH are the only MoC fat-spines that are yet to be upgraded to normal spines. At the rate they're selling, it will be another year before we repress and upgrade.

hamsterburger

#116 Post by hamsterburger » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Thanks for the info re packaging and for the reassurance that this title is still available. It’s the last Murnau, apart from Phantom, that I have yet to own from MoC. The waiting for it to arrive is unbearable. :)

BTW, does this supply problem affect other titles to? I have yet to receive shipment notice for an order of The Naked Island that I placed 3 weeks ago.

peerpee
not perpee

#117 Post by peerpee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:38 pm

You haven't said where you ordered it from. Best to ask the retailer directly.

All the titles you mention are currently in print and in stock at our end. Any supply problems are down to the retailers not ordering things in good time.

[EDIT: oh, the post I was responding to has been removed]

Ben Cheshire

#118 Post by Ben Cheshire » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Hope you got it by now David. I think I was just lucky, mine seemed to come quick-smart. I preordered months ago, though i"m guessing you did the same. Amazon.co.uk obviously?

Ben Cheshire

#119 Post by Ben Cheshire » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Really sorry to hear about that, David. I had a terrible experience with a local retailer here because I ordered about twelve titles that all needed to be ordered. I ended up cancelling most of the order and buying elsewhere. I ordered only Sunrise in this particular order, but I think something rare has gone astray with your disc. Definitely hasn't happened to me after lots and lots of amazon orders, ,as you say.

Zazou dans le Metro

#120 Post by Zazou dans le Metro » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:33 am

david hare wrote:No still - it's one of around six orders or split orders from the last few weeks. It was originally in a block order including Fille Coupee en deux and the Optimum Blus of Near Dark and Elephant, and the two Studio Canal Blus whch amazon split into three. I cancelled the segment of the order including the Studio Canals when it was obvious I could buy these here more cheaply and sooner, and I reordered Sunrise and the Franju as a single with a new order number but still same shipping date of Sept 20 (21st here.) It's clearly gone astray but I have to wait until the bloody 9th to request a replacement. This is a first ever from any of four amazons - UK, Germany, US and France - to go astray in literally ten years, unlike the appalling, useless DeepDiscountDVD. The UK discs are literally always 4 to 6 days maximum from despatch to mailbox by standard Air whether by Deutsch Post or Royal Mail.
In some small consolation I have been waiting (in France) for mail from UK in some instances since September 16th. There have been sporadic postal strikes in the UK which in some areas are still (I think) continuing. As usual in these cases it's the backlog that gets overlooked in favour of the recent mail - so perhaps there's still hope.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#121 Post by cdnchris » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:43 pm

I got my copy of Sunrise finally, so there may be still some hope for you, David.

Finch

Re: 1 Sunrise

#122 Post by Finch » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Update on the Royal Mail strikes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/0 ... al-strikes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

perkizitore

Re: 1 Sunrise

#123 Post by perkizitore » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Mr Finch wrote:Update on the Royal Mail strikes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/0 ... al-strikes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amazon doesn't require a minimum spent on DVDs and most of the items for free shipping anymore! I don't know if that was made possible because of the new contract, but is certainly good news for people residing in the UK. If only the lowered their prices on the Prime delivery deal... [-o<

hangman

Re: 089-091 The Fritz Lang Mabuse Box

#124 Post by hangman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:05 am

Anyone else excited about this :D, well I mean its just a day away~ I pre-ordered this some time ago and its almost the 19th!

reaky

Re: 089-091 The Fritz Lang Mabuse Box

#125 Post by reaky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:53 am

Hold your horses - I recently had an email from Moviemail saying: "This item has been held up in production, it should be with us and ready to be despatched by the 23rd of October." So not too much of a delay, but there you are.