The Killer (John Woo, 20??)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.

big ticket

Re: The Killer (John Woo, 20??)

#2 Post by big ticket » Wed May 02, 2018 1:55 am

Wait, what?!

black&huge

#3 Post by black&huge » Wed May 02, 2018 2:32 am

Cool

ryanvision

#4 Post by ryanvision » Wed May 02, 2018 11:54 am

Well, the world most certainly does not need this, but it is a refreshing change of pace to see a remake handled by recasting the race of the original lead (which instantly adds at least something new to the table by the very choice) and by getting the original director, for what it's worth.

Luke M

#5 Post by Luke M » Wed May 02, 2018 1:04 pm

The world does not need most movies but here we are. As far as remakes go, I think this sounds extremely promising.

big ticket

#6 Post by big ticket » Wed May 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Luke M wrote:The world does not need most movies but here we are. As far as remakes go, I think this sounds extremely promising.
Agreed. The Killer is probably my favorite "action" movie, and therefore my favorite Woo. The fact that he, personally, wants to go back to the well and revisit it, put a new spin on it, excites me.

Mr Sausage

#7 Post by Mr Sausage » Wed May 02, 2018 7:17 pm

ryanvision wrote:Well, the world most certainly does not need this, but it is a refreshing change of pace to see a remake handled by recasting the race of the original lead (which instantly adds at least something new to the table by the very choice) and by getting the original director, for what it's worth.
I think recasting the lead as female is the far more interesting choice. It opens up a lot of possibilities regarding both the romance and the crucial killer/cop friendship that swapping out a Chinese person for a black person doesn't.

Tempering my interest is that Woo has been a shell of himself for decades now, tho', granted, I haven't seen his last few.