#2676 Post by dwk » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:12 pm

US titles have leaked:
Basket Case UHD
The Tin Star
The Scarface Mob

TechnicolorAcid

Re: Arrow Announcements, Speculation & Wild, Irresponsible Conjecture

#2677 Post by TechnicolorAcid » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:22 pm

Out of curiosity, don’t think the director of The Scarface Mob has an Arrow Academy film so would that mean there’s still 2 more films from 2 Arrow Academy directors to be announced or was the initial hint just saying something similar to a typical Arrow Academy announcement?

DandyDancing

#2678 Post by DandyDancing » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:25 pm

Anthony Man’s The Far Country was an Academy release.

Maltic

#2679 Post by Maltic » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:31 pm

Three great titles.

I count four Karlson films that have been released by Indicator - I actually thought one of those were Arrow.

One might've expected The Tin Star to come out on WAC, like the DVD, no?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#2680 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:12 pm

It’s a Paramount release, I assume if it was in the WAC it was during that period that they were rereleasing pressed Paramount discs

TechnicolorAcid

#2681 Post by TechnicolorAcid » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:10 am

Other titles are:
That Cold Day In the Park
Behind Convent Walls

Peacock

#2682 Post by Peacock » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:34 am

That Cold Day in The Park isn’t really a surprise, it appeared on BBFC’s site under Arrow pretty recently but the Borowcyzk is a major surprise! Wow! Fabulous news. (Shame it includes a short already available on the Kino Love Rites Blu).

Now we are just missing La Marge and Immoral Women to have all of Boro’s major films on Blu (but fingers crossed we get the likes of Lulu and The Art of Love someday)
Last edited by Peacock on Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

What A Disgrace

#2683 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:35 am

The Masters of Cinema shelf is the one shelf in my room that doesn't need to have things removed from it, and the Arrow shelf is dangerously close to being full.

Pleasantly surprised that Arrow is going this route, Cold Day in the Park is a fine film and the new extras and extended cut are very welcome.

MichaelB

Arrow Announcements, Speculation & Wild, Irresponsible Conjecture

#2684 Post by MichaelB » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:08 pm

Peacock wrote:Now we are just missing La Marge and Immoral Women to have all of Boro’s major films on Blu (but fingers crossed we get the likes of Lulu and The Art of Love someday)
I wouldn’t hold your breath for UK editions of Immoral Women or Lulu. The former might have been OK until the 1978 Protection of Children Act age limit was raised to 18 in 2003, but there’s a reason why Lulu has never been shown in the UK and most likely never will be.

JamesF

#2685 Post by JamesF » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:48 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:08 pm
Peacock wrote:Now we are just missing La Marge and Immoral Women to have all of Boro’s major films on Blu (but fingers crossed we get the likes of Lulu and The Art of Love someday)
I wouldn’t hold your breath for UK editions of Immoral Women or Lulu. The former might have been OK until the 1978 Protection of Children Act age limit was raised to 18 in 2003, but there’s a reason why Lulu has never been shown in the UK and most likely never will be.
We were in fact planning UK editions of both films until not that long ago, cancelling for indeed those very reasons.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#2686 Post by swo17 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:53 pm

But can we hope for US editions? :)

Also, aren't music rights a big hurdle for La Marge?

TechnicolorAcid

#2687 Post by TechnicolorAcid » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:22 am

Guessing it’s gonna be a 4K of Sixteen Candles

Finch

#2688 Post by Finch » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:31 pm

I would love a 4k of Black Sabbath but I hear that the rightsholder has been asking for exorbitant amounts of money. I'm still pinching myself that Arrow got to do Blood and Black Lace again.

therewillbeblus

#2689 Post by therewillbeblus » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:22 pm

Saw a pic of a Crimson Peak 4K LE on social media, so classically vague clue just indicating subgenre of gothic horror?

M Sanderson

#2690 Post by M Sanderson » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:51 pm

Narc 4k leaked on Dawn of the Discs. Wonderful choice.

dwk

#2691 Post by dwk » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:52 pm

Night Falls on Manhattan has leaked.

dwk

#2692 Post by dwk » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:54 pm

Oops, sorry for the double post. Anyway, since I am here, another US title leaked, something called Pandemonium
Director Quarxx (All the Gods in the Sky) explores the peculiar, welcoming all those hungry for wonder, in Pandemonium, a unique cinematic blend of fantasy, drama, genre, and humor.

Nathan (Hugo Dillon) and Daniel (Arben Bajraktaraj) are caught in a road accident that kills them both. As they come to grips with their deaths, Nathan confronts his past and the consequences of his actions. Now trapped in the hellish void of Pandemonium, he encounters tortured souls like Jeanne (Manon Maindivide), a disturbed child; Julia (Ophélia Kolb), a grief-stricken mother; and Norghul (Jean Rousseau), the guide of the great void. Will he find a way to escape the torment that awaits him for eternity?

Pandemonium takes the viewer on a chilling journey as three interconnected stories unravel in this macabre exploration of tales depicting fallen souls. From the intricacies of everyday drama to the realms of supernatural intrigue, each narrative weaves a haunting tapestry that blurs the lines between the mortal and the supernatural.

Finch

#2693 Post by Finch » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:12 pm

Since Narc is confirmed, I'm hoping the other Paramount title Arrow said they have is Bringing Out The Dead though a lot of people would be equally thrilled with A Simple Plan.

rapta

#2694 Post by rapta » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:45 pm

Finch wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:12 pm
Since Narc is confirmed, I'm hoping the other Paramount title Arrow said they have is Bringing Out The Dead though a lot of people would be equally thrilled with A Simple Plan.
I love both those films and hope it's one of them and in 4K too (so I can safely import it without having to worry about Panasonic remote control tricks). I think they'd both be worthy of 4K anyway, assuming Arrow will be restoring either of them that is.

M Sanderson

#2695 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:59 am

dwk wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:52 pm
Night Falls on Manhattan has leaked.
another Imprint title that I spent loads of money on. And another remarkable film.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#2696 Post by tenia » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:25 pm

Growing a tad tired of Arrow's lineups getting so much filled with US-only releases and 4k upgrades.

What A Disgrace

#2697 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:58 pm

I wouldn't mind if those US releases were more interesting.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#2698 Post by tenia » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:37 pm

What A Disgrace wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:58 pm
Well, I do think many of those are interesting, but I'm always amazed at how this dual-territory venture for Arrow turned into pretty much 2 different labels with very different lineups, and how the US-only titles have been growing more and more to the think you'd think it's a US-centric label with a UK branch and not the other way around.
I mean, this month, there's only 1 dual-territory release, and the only new additions to the label are for the US.

dwk

#2699 Post by dwk » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:27 pm

tenia wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:37 pm
What A Disgrace wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:58 pm
Well, I do think many of those are interesting, but I'm always amazed at how this dual-territory venture for Arrow turned into pretty much 2 different labels with very different lineups, and how the US-only titles have been growing more and more to the think you'd think it's a US-centric label with a UK branch and not the other way around.
I mean, this month, there's only 1 dual-territory release, and the only new additions to the label are for the US.
It makes sense. A big part of that is that Paramount doesn't seem to be licensing in the UK and the US market is so much bigger that a label would be foolish to pass on licensing from them just because the UK is excluded.

Finch

#2700 Post by Finch » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:28 pm

Quick heads-up that if you had any recent pre-orders with Arrow direct, you may want to check the status of your order as it may have been cancelled. It's not clear yet what's caused pre-orders to get cancelled but Arrow have already told some people that their orders will get refunded and they'll have to re-order even though a lot of titles people want are currently showing as Sold Out (like Dark Water). This obviously is not going down well especially since they are currently not offering to reinstate lost bonus points etc. I, for one, am glad that I did not have any current pre-orders and after the horror stories I'm reading elsewhere I'm not in a hurry to place another one direct anytime soon again.