Kåre Bergstrøm

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
L.A.

Kåre Bergstrøm

#1 Post by L.A. » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 am

In the Norske Klassikere series Kåre Bergstrøm's Krvavi put / Blodveien (1955) is now available on DVD. A must have.

Also his horror film De dødes tjern / The Lake of the Damned (1958) should be released in the Norske Klassikere series. Does anyone know has this been released yet?

Erikht

Re: Kåre Bergstrøm

#2 Post by Erikht » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Looks like it may be released in october:

http://www.dvdhuset.no/servlet/dvdhuset ... eID=388136

L.A.

#3 Post by L.A. » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Erikht wrote:Looks like it may be released in october:

According to Nordisk Film of Norway De dødes tjern will be released on October 14th. More here.

Erikht, do you have any idea of the current status of Bergstrøm's Blodveien DVD? It was released on DVD on May 27th of this year but it has disappeared from Norsk filminstitutt's filmbutikken's sites. Also the stock status of this DVD is "Not in stock" at various online stores, only one store had it in stock but doesn't ship overseas.

One thought has crossed my mind: Is Blodveien already going out of print? :-k

Erikht

#4 Post by Erikht » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:59 pm

L.A. wrote:
Erikht wrote:Looks like it may be released in october:

According to Nordisk Film of Norway De dødes tjern will be released on October 14th. More here.

Erikht, do you have any idea of the current status of Bergstrøm's Blodveien DVD? It was released on DVD on May 27th of this year but it has disappeared from Norsk filminstitutt's filmbutikken's sites. Also the stock status of this DVD is "Not in stock" at various online stores, only one store had it in stock but doesn't ship overseas.

One thought has crossed my mind: Is Blodveien already going out of print? :-k
You can still get it from the Internet shops, like Platekompaniet and dvdhuset. My guess would be that it is currently out of print, but that the more commercial enteties has a lot of copies still.

I wouldn't be afraid, though. I spoke to Nordisk Film a couple of months back, and I think they will probably print more if the discs should be sold out. But I can send them an e-mail next week and ask them.

Erikht

#5 Post by Erikht » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Other than that, Døden er et Kjærtegn
(Death is a caress), a film Kåre Bergstrøm directed with Edith Carlmar is out on DVD. I haven't seen it yet, but Edith Carlmar is good too. Could be good.

L.A.

#6 Post by L.A. » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:08 am

Erikht wrote: You can still get it from the Internet shops, like Platekompaniet and dvdhuset.
Yes, Platekompaniet is the online store that still has Blodveien in stock and at a very good price but unfortunately doesn't ship overseas :(.
Erikht wrote:I wouldn't be afraid, though. I spoke to Nordisk Film a couple of months back, and I think they will probably print more if the discs should be sold out. But I can send them an e-mail next week and ask them.
If you could send an email to Nordisk Film and inquire do they have plans to print more of this then that would be great, thanks! :)
Erikht wrote:Other than that, Døden er et Kjærtegn
(Death is a caress), a film Kåre Bergstrøm directed with Edith Carlmar is out on DVD. I haven't seen it yet, but Edith Carlmar is good too. Could be good.
I have seen Døden er et kjærtegn and yes it is good. One of the first film noirs from Norway if I'm not mistaken.

L.A.

#7 Post by L.A. » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:20 am

Here's a cover for De dødes tjern:

http://www.dvdarkivet.no/article.php?id=2252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Erikht

#8 Post by Erikht » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Unfortunately, as they say in the forum, each of these DVDs sell about 2.500 copies, so very little money is put into restoration. Also, Nordiak Film looses the rights in 2010.