ITV: The Red Shoes Blu-ray

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Arkadin

Re: 44 The Red Shoes

#51 Post by Arkadin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:22 pm

I have had this bd release for about 6 weeks or so, and wanted to note that it was originally only an HMV exclusive, but is now available to order through regular amazon.uk.
It is a locked to region B release unfortunately, but luckily for me that is of no concern, as I have a region free bd player now.
It is a glorious release for sure, and I highly recommend it.

SuperBlu

#52 Post by SuperBlu » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:15 pm

I ordered ITV's blu-ray of The Red Shoes from Amazon UK 3 weeks ago, and it said 6-10 days delivery. It still hasn't been shipped. Now it's out of stock and only sold by sellers. It can't be out of print already, right? It came out just a few months ago.

tojoed

#53 Post by tojoed » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:17 pm

SuperBlu wrote:I ordered ITV's blu-ray of The Red Shoes from Amazon UK 3 weeks ago, and it said 6-10 days delivery. It still hasn't been shipped. Now it's out of stock and only sold by sellers. It can't be out of print already, right? It came out just a few months ago.
No, it's not out of print. You can get it here and at just about any High Street retailer in the UK.

SuperBlu

#54 Post by SuperBlu » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 pm

tojoed wrote:
SuperBlu wrote:I ordered ITV's blu-ray of The Red Shoes from Amazon UK 3 weeks ago, and it said 6-10 days delivery. It still hasn't been shipped. Now it's out of stock and only sold by sellers. It can't be out of print already, right? It came out just a few months ago.
No, it's not out of print. You can get it here and at just about any High Street retailer in the UK.
I'm in the US. The price and shipping fee at HMV make it too expensive for me. At Amazon UK the final price would be around US$23 whereas at HMV it would be well over 30. Why isn't it sold at Amazon UK anymore? Is it now an HMV exclusive like some other blu-rays? Also, none of the third-party sellers at Amazon UK ship overseas. I also asked Jon Mulvaney about a Criterion release and got no reply, so I guess there is nothing in the works, even though Janus did the restoration.

Matango

#55 Post by Matango » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:34 pm

No reply from Mulvaney is more likely to mean there IS something in the works than not.

MichaelB

#56 Post by MichaelB » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:44 am

Matango wrote:No reply from Mulvaney is more likely to mean there IS something in the works than not.
...and the Region B coding of the ITV box (since they don't usually region-code) suggests that someone else has the rights to Region A...

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: ITV: The Red Shoes Blu-ray

#57 Post by swo17 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 am

I'm not going to attempt to dig it up, but there was a post on Facebook about a month or two ago that went something like this:

Some guy: I bet the Blu-ray editions of Lola Montes and The Red Shoes are going to look great.

Criterion: They sure will!

Matt

Re: ITV: The Red Shoes Blu-ray

#58 Post by Matt » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:57 am

Guys, there is no reason for speculation on this title. It is coming.