Shimizu Hiroshi Boxsets

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
manasl

Re: Shimizu Hiroshi Boxsets

#126 Post by manasl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:10 am

Michael Kerpan wrote:His (made-right-after-the-war Children of the Beehive certainly deserves to be better known (and widely available) -- but I don't even know who holds the rights for this.
I have been lucky enough to see his "Children of the Beehive" in a screening, but I'm very interested in its sequel and "Children and the Great Buddha". The latter two works are referred to in Keiko McDonald's article in "Word and Image in Japanese Cinema" and they seem to be quite important in gaining an understanding his films based on children.

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

#127 Post by Michael Kerpan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:35 pm

manasl wrote:I have been lucky enough to see his "Children of the Beehive" in a screening, but I'm very interested in its sequel and "Children and the Great Buddha". The latter two works are referred to in Keiko McDonald's article in "Word and Image in Japanese Cinema" and they seem to be quite important in gaining an understanding his films based on children.
I have never run across these other films -- and I suspect I never shall get any chance to see them.
Last edited by Michael Kerpan on Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim

#128 Post by Tim » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:52 am

Has there been any update on the MS of Keiko McDonald's final work on Shimizu? I was hoping that a pdf might emerge.

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

#129 Post by Michael Kerpan » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:43 am

Tim wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:52 am
Has there been any update on the MS of Keiko McDonald's final work on Shimizu? I was hoping that a pdf might emerge.
Nothing new that I have hear about.