Depardon Cinéma

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
gselich

Depardon Cinéma

#1 Post by gselich » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Arte Editions has put out an 18-disc set of the films of Raymond Depardon. According to the listing, this comes with English subtitles. However, the majority of these films have never had English subtitles before, so I suspect that only one or two discs in this set come with English subtitles.
The listing can be found here:
http://www.amazon.fr/Depardon-Cin%C3%A9 ... in%C3%A9ma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can anyone confirm what is and is not subtitled in this set?
Thank you,
Gregory

Oedipax

Re: Depardon Cinéma

#2 Post by Oedipax » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Wow, what a release! I would also love to know what the subtitle situation is here.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#3 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:00 am

Should have this in a couple of days will report back re subs N.B. Arte boutique just has 'sous-titres' on most of the individual releases but no further qualification as to language etc

zedz

#4 Post by zedz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:19 pm

There was an earlier iteration of this box (Depardon Cineaste) which I looked into and which seemed to be lacking English subs, so hopefully they've done it right this time! The fact that they're redoing an "integrale" box set suggests that something about it has changed. Some great films in there.

(I see there's also a Chris Marker set coming out, but no hint of subs and not much there that isn't already available in R1 except for Loin du Vietnam.)

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#5 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:19 am

gselich wrote:Arte Editions has put out an 18-disc set of the films of Raymond Depardon. According to the listing, this comes with English subtitles. However, the majority of these films have never had English subtitles before, so I suspect that only one or two discs in this set come with English subtitles.
The listing can be found here:
http://www.amazon.fr/Depardon-Cin%C3%A9 ... in%C3%A9ma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can anyone confirm what is and is not subtitled in this set?
Thank you,
Gregory
Out of the 18 DVDs only 2 have english subs (Reporters /Délits flagrants) 1 other has French subs with Italian audio.

zedz

#6 Post by zedz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Bugger.

gselich

#7 Post by gselich » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Out of the 18 DVDs only 2 have english subs (Reporters /Délits flagrants) 1 other has French subs with Italian audio.
Thank you so much for reporting this information.

Oedipax

#8 Post by Oedipax » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks a ton for the update!

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#9 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Deleted see Marker thread