11/25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate (Koji Wakamatsu, 2012)

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
nosy lena

11/25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate (Koji Wakamatsu, 2012)

#1 Post by nosy lena » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:47 am

DVD/Bluray out in Japan, but presumably no English subtitles. Anyone see any reports or rumors of release anywhere else?

The Fanciful Norwegian

Re: 11/25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate (Koji Wakamatsu, 201

#2 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 pm

I can confirm no English subs on the R2J. Blaq Out will probably release it in France, but it's impossible to say if it'll have English subtitles since their Wakamatsu titles are inconsistent in this respect (Caterpillar has them, United Red Army doesn't). Caterpillar also got an R3HK release, but I've heard nothing about 11/25 getting distribution in Hong Kong (it did play at the HKIFF, though). Maybe Kino Lorber will get around to it eventually.

zedz

#3 Post by zedz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:13 pm

That subtitling situation may just be a timing thing, since the 2009 Wakamatsu releases (United Red Army and the first box set) didn't have English subs, but the subsequent releases did.

Which reminds me that I heard at some point that the (now-OOP) first box set was going to be rereleased with English subs, but this has yet to happen. Does anybody have any new info on that?

nosy lena

#4 Post by nosy lena » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 am

Is Blaq Out still active? I haven't been to the store in years but my computer gets a virus warning when I try to visit their website.

To the best of my knowledge the film hasn't had release beyond festivals in any country other than Japan and Russia, and hasn't even played in the states yet (?), so I guess that'll have to happen before we see it in home video format outside Japan. Maybe Film Society will bring it to the New York Asian Film Festival this summer, someone has to...