Maurice Tourneur Box set

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
NABOB OF NOWHERE

Maurice Tourneur Box set

#1 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Tavernier has announced on his blog that Pathé Classics will be releasing 5 films in a box. No more info at present.

- Accusée, levez-vous (1930)
- L'obsession (1931)
- Au nom de la loi (1932)
- Les gaîtés de l'escadron (1932)
- Justin de Marseille (1935)

Here's a link, in french, relating to the films themselves. http://www.institut-lumiere.org/francai ... rneur.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

McCrutchy

Re: Maurice Tourneur Box set

#2 Post by McCrutchy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 pm

^Great news, I have the Gaumont Blu-ray of La main du diable, and I was quite impressed by the film, so I will probably get these--if they are English-friendly or inexpensive.

Cold Bishop

#3 Post by Cold Bishop » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:29 am

I can stump for Justin de Marseilles, one of my favorites of his work I've seen. Alongside Duvivier's Pépé le Moko and Siodmak's Tumultes (now where's that release?), it forms the trifecta of Great French Gangster Films of the 1930s.

I'm actually not familiar with any of the other films, so colour me intrigued. I'll have to wait for the inevitable fansubs, but the fact that Gaumont always includes HoH subs means they're that much more inevitable (I'm still grateful for their Daïnah la métisse).

McCrutchy

#4 Post by McCrutchy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Amazon pre-order at €49.99. Release date of 10th October.