The Human Condition

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

PianoMan88

Re: The Human Condition

#76 Post by PianoMan88 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Yeah, I thought at one point the Criterion version was imminent. But here we are and they still do not seem to be any closer to releasing it on Blu-ray as they did a while back. Plus if push comes to shove, I'll bite the bullet and double dip, especially if their extras are all ported from the DVD and maybe new ones added.

In the meantime, I sneaked an order of this edition just before Arrow's sale finished and I'm already looking forward. £28 after points deduction plus double points back on the purchase. Can't go wrong.

I have to say, Arrow's Reward system is the best one I have seen. It really hooks you and the fact that you always have points "left over" keeps you invested in their system.

What A Disgrace

#77 Post by What A Disgrace » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:41 pm

The Rewards system is a major reason why I blind buy so many Arrow discs during sales. I'd have never bought Count Yorga or Bound or Contamination if they weren't that precise combination of "eh, I might like it", "I better get it soon or else it won't have a booklet!", "its cheap so why not?" and "if I get enough Rewards points, I'll be able to buy something I REALLY want for free!" Arrow was made for suckers like me.

PianoMan88

#78 Post by PianoMan88 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Add me to that list of suckers. And those thoughts in quotations you wrote are bang on, my guess is you and I are not the only ones that go through those before many Arrow purchases. Haha!

Telstar

#79 Post by Telstar » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway: is the only difference with the new cheaper edition of Human Condition the lack of dvds and the absence of any sort of booklet?

Marwood

#80 Post by Marwood » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Telstar wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm
Probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway: is the only difference with the new cheaper edition of Human Condition the lack of dvds and the absence of any sort of booklet?
Jepp. The three blu-rays are the same as in the previous release

Nw_jahrles

#81 Post by Nw_jahrles » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:56 pm

Watching the Arrow edition of The Human Condition. I keep seeing blue/green artifacts creeping into the skies. Are these artifacts baked into the restoration or is there some setting on my TV to fix this?