Twin Peaks

Discuss TV shows old and new.
godardslave

#76 Post by godardslave » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:44 pm

The artwork's very boring, when you consider all the surreal imagery in the show itself. At least it looks like a nice thin digipak.
And then again, this is paramount not criterion and i guess we should be grateful they are finally releasing it at all.

THX1378

#77 Post by THX1378 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:17 pm

Pretty good news to hear today. I would just hope now that we can get New Line to do a new special edition of Fire Walk with Me.

justeleblanc

#78 Post by justeleblanc » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:58 am

I wanna take a guess that INLAND EMPIRE will be on DVD around April as well. Does Universal care to join in and also released something Lost?

miless

#79 Post by miless » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:23 am

It would be the ideal time to release said Highway... as there will be a whole bunch of publicity around the other two items, and their releases.

Fletch F. Fletch

#80 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:02 am

godardslave wrote:The artwork's very boring, when you consider all the surreal imagery in the show itself.
I like it. It's simple, yet effective -- just like the artwork for Season 1. Plus, the shot of the RR Diner is absolutely haunting.

denti alligator

#81 Post by denti alligator » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:40 pm

Available for pre-order at amazon.com.

And still no sign of Season One.

justeleblanc

#82 Post by justeleblanc » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:50 pm

This doesn't make any sense. Why would Paramount now only release Season 2 when Season 1 is still out of print? Has anyone been following this closer than I have? I can't seem to find any confirmation that a "Complete Series" will be released anywhere online.

Fletch F. Fletch

#83 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:10 pm

justeleblanc wrote:This doesn't make any sense. Why would Paramount now only release Season 2 when Season 1 is still out of print? Has anyone been following this closer than I have? I can't seem to find any confirmation that a "Complete Series" will be released anywhere online.
I haven't come across anything either. Altho, in a recent interview posted on Wired.com, Lynch mentions that the Pilot episode is caught in legal limbo and doesn't know who owns it exactly. That doesn't sound good.

kinjitsu

#84 Post by kinjitsu » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:49 pm

justeleblanc wrote:
Fletch F. Fletch wrote:I haven't come across anything either. Altho, in a recent interview posted on Wired.com, Lynch mentions that the Pilot episode is caught in legal limbo and doesn't know who owns it exactly. That doesn't sound good.
Crud! Link?
ST: Speaking of, when is the DVD for season two of Twin Peaks coming out? It's been forever since the first box set dropped.

Lynch: I think we're going to do the 5.1 mix for the next season, which means we haven't done it yet, which also means that the DVD won't be coming out soon. I don't know what's going on with the pilot, but it's so absurd that the pilot hasn't been brought up. It's crazy. This is all the world of business, and I don't really know about that.

ST: Is it the same world creating problems for the DVD for Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me that includes the deleted scenes that your fans have been campaigning for over the last few years?

Lynch: No, that is gently in the works.

Darth Lavender

#85 Post by Darth Lavender » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Amazon.de is listing something called "Twin Peaks, the Complete Mystery" for release in October (no artwork or information)

Now, my guess is that the remastered pilot is going to be released as part of that (I'm sure that if it could be released in Region 1, it would have happened already. Artisan probably lost quite a bit on their Twin Peaks release because of people buying the 'Pilot' version from overseas. So I'm sure that if they could have gotten the rights, they would have.) I think, earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that Lynch has finally overseen the remastering of the pilot so we can be reasonably sure it's going to be released in some form, and October for the 'Complete Mystery' seems an awfully long wait if all Paramount is doing is repackaging Seasons 1 & 2.

Then, of course, we're talking about Paramount here, who have already been pretty unscrupulous in the way they've used the Star Trek fans and, since many Twin Peaks fans might be similarly exploitable, I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount is specifically planning the Remastered Pilot to be exclusive to the Complete Mystery (so that, after the fans have bought Season 1 and Season 2.1 and Season 2.2, they'll have to buy the whole thing again just to get the pilot (and, many of them will.))

Anyway, that's why I'm holding off on buying Season 2 until I find out exactly how the remastered pilot is being released.

btw, for those of you didn't know; although the Region 4 (and 2) releases of Season 1 already contain the pilot, it's little more than VHS quality, especially compared to the other episodes in the box-set.

dadaistnun

#86 Post by dadaistnun » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:19 pm

Artwork for Season 2, Part 2

Rich Malloy

#87 Post by Rich Malloy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:31 pm

They're releasing season two in two parts? Not that I disagree with the notion, as the second season is sorta like two separate seasons anyway (or maybe the first half of season two is more like the second half of season one, whereas the second half...blah blah bla-blah).

But this is the first I've heard (seen) that it will be split into two parts. Nice artwork. Looks like it may be in a slipcase design similar to Artisan's season one set.

justeleblanc

#88 Post by justeleblanc » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Only in Europe.

Fletch F. Fletch

#89 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Resetmag.com has screenshot comparisons of the new Twin Peaks transfers vs. a previous edition. Looks pretty snazzy.

Also, from Dugpa.com:
Twin Peaks to be rebroadcast in HD!!!

Get your DVR's ready!!! Today, NBC Universal announced that Twin Peaks would be rebroadcast on their new HD Channel, Chiller starting March 1st. Check out the articles ovr at Variety and EngadgetHD. Now's the time to call your Cable or Satellite provider and ask them for Chiller. I have also heard from numerous sources that CBS/Paramount plans on releasing the entire series in HD and Standard DVD by the end of the year. Thanks to Heartland, Robert, and and everyone else that wrote in.

Fletch F. Fletch

#90 Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:07 am

iFMagazine has posted the specs for the Region 1 set of Season 2:
Available for $61.99, the TWIN PEAKS The Complete Second Season six-disc set includes all 22 newly remastered high definition episodes plus all-new in-depth interviews and episode introductions. The DVD is presented in full screen with English 5.1 Stereo Surround. The total running time is 18 hours, 1 minute (complete disc breakdown included below).

TWIN PEAKS: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON - The DVD disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10

Bonus Features:
- Log Lady intros for each episode
- Jennifer Lynch interview

Disc Two:
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14

Bonus Feature:
- Todd Holland interview

Disc Three:
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18

Bonus Feature:
- Caleb Deschanel interview

Disc Four:
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22

Bonus Feature:
- Duwayne Dunham interview

Disc Five:
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26

Bonus Feature:
- Stephen Gyllenhaal interview

Disc Six:
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29

Bonus Feature:
- Tim Hunter interview plus actor interviews

Buttery Jeb
Just in it for the game.

#91 Post by Buttery Jeb » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Today's update of the Digital Bits' Rumor Mill has word on a possible "Complete Series" set slated for later this year.

Exactly why I sold off my Season 1 set last year.

-BJ

Barmy

#92 Post by Barmy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:50 pm

I see Lynchie isn't above ripping people off. I'm sure a lot of people buying the Second Season don't know this. (I certainly didn't.)

Antoine Doinel

#93 Post by Antoine Doinel » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:57 pm

This probably wasn't Lynch's decision. Given the legal wrangling over the series, he's probably just glad to be involved in getting them out there at all.

justeleblanc

#94 Post by justeleblanc » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:54 pm

Not exactly Twin Peaks, but I followed the link from dugpa.com to ask about a LOST HIGHWAY release and I actually got a response from Universal:
Dear 'Lost Highway' Fan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Universal Studios Home
Entertainment. We strive to provide the highest standard in product quality
and customer care.

A multitude of factors, including contractual issues, influence the
timing and content of our DVD releases. Unfortunately, we have no
information as to when 'Lost Highway' will become available.

We appreciate your interest in this title, and we hope that you will
continue to enjoy our current and future releases.

Sincerely,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment

denti alligator

#95 Post by denti alligator » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:11 pm

Now you can't even get Season One from Netflix, which sucks, 'cus I'd really like to re-watch it before diving into Season Two.

Travis

#96 Post by Travis » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:11 pm

Really? Yeah, you're right. Guess I had good timing, as I just sent back the last disc.

denti alligator

#97 Post by denti alligator » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:03 am

Crazy thing is: it's still available in Europe with the pilot episode included. Can anyone who has the European version confirm that the pilot looks and sounds as good as the rest of the season.

When the first season is finally rereleased, is it likely to look better than the edition already out there (though oop in the US)?

[Stupid me for jumping the gun and selling my R1 copy #-o ]

justeleblanc

#98 Post by justeleblanc » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:55 am

denti alligator wrote:Crazy thing is: it's still available in Europe with the pilot episode included. Can anyone who has the European version confirm that the pilot looks and sounds as good as the rest of the season.

When the first season is finally rereleased, is it likely to look better than the edition already out there (though oop in the US)?

[Stupid me for jumping the gun and selling my R1 copy #-o ]
Nah, if I'm not mistaken the FULL SERIES will be released in November.

denti alligator

#99 Post by denti alligator » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:33 am

justeleblanc wrote:Nah, if I'm not mistaken the FULL SERIES will be released in November.
Isn't that just speculation?

Solaris

#100 Post by Solaris » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:45 am

From what I can gather from various Lynch/Twin Peaks sites and forums, this is what will be getting released:

The Second Season in two parts in April, with limited extras such as Log Lady intros.

"The Complete Mystery" in November - both seasons, the pilot, (and some sites say FWWM) in a box with an added disc full of extras.

Plus, rumours are strong that M2K will be releasing deleted scenes from FWWM sometime soon.

R1 Lost Highway still in limbo apparently, Lynch has confirmed a transfer was prepared, but Universal have no plans to release it anytime soon.