Kelvin's Book

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Big Ben

Kelvin's Book

#1 Post by Big Ben » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Haneke is moving into television, at least long form television with Kelvin's Book.
The English language, ten-part, high concept series is set in a dystopian world and will tell the adventurous story of a group of young people in a not too distant future. During a flight, they are forced to make an emergency landing outside of their home and are confronted with the actual face of their home country for the first time.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

Re: Kelvin's Book

#2 Post by mfunk9786 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:51 pm

The concept could not be less appealing.

Big Ben

#3 Post by Big Ben » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:49 pm

It's weird because I like Haneke's aesthetic and approach to things but dystopia isn't exactly a rare thing nowadays and more of it is likely to just burn me out. I've not seen Time of the Wolf but isn't that a dystopia too? Perhaps that's a good judge for those who have seen it?

miless

#4 Post by miless » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Time of the Wolf is my favorite Haneke film, as he stripped away all of the artifice surrounding most speculative/dystopic fiction to focus on the true terror of the scenario.

as to the show's uninspiring description, I feel like every Haneke film tends to lack any depth when described on paper (especially pre-preproduction)

furbicide

#5 Post by furbicide » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Big Ben wrote:It's weird because I like Haneke's aesthetic and approach to things but dystopia isn't exactly a rare thing nowadays and more of it is likely to just burn me out. I've not seen Time of the Wolf but isn't that a dystopia too? Perhaps that's a good judge for those who have seen it?
Time of the Wolf is an amazing film. This ... sounds weird. But if it's Haneke, it has to be good, right?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#6 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:33 am