Classic TV of the 50s and 60s

Discuss TV shows old and new.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Classic TV of the 50s and 60s

#1 Post by domino harvey » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:05 pm

Ghastly Lucille Ball statue erected in hometown has locals demanding its removal for being too scary
“I think it looks like a monster. That is just my opinion,” he said. “When you see it at night, it is frightening.”

Minkin

Re: Classic TV of the 50s and 60s

#2 Post by Minkin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:37 am

Sure, that looks nothing like her and I could imagine small children running away in fright, but things could be worse:

Found at this website, which (despite the grade-A comedy work with the comments :P ) is good for about 20 minutes of laughing at all the hilarious awful wax figure creations. I don't even know which to single out as the worst (probably Don Knotts, playing the grandma on the Waltons by the look of things; although there's also that second Reagan statue).

Speaking of scary statues, there's five statues of a pioneer family near where I live that are absolutely terrifying at night. One day, someone put googly eyes on all of the statues, I'm still not sure whether its an improvement or not.

Unless you want to make this the bad-statues/wax figures thread, uhh... Anybody else on this board a regular viewer of MeTV? Other than TCM + PBS, it's the only thing we watch around here.

Werewolf by Night

#3 Post by Werewolf by Night » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:56 am

Minkin wrote:Anybody else on this board a regular viewer of MeTV? Other than TCM + PBS, it's the only thing we watch around here.
Me watch MeTV. Though I'm actually watching the new Heroes & Icons channel more right now because they're showing Cannon and The Wild Wild West (and soon to be showing Hill Street Blues and Mannix).

flyonthewall2983

#4 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:02 pm

I watched a little of MyTV before I cut the cord. I figure it's going to get a lot more popular around here now that they are picking up where WGN has left off with regard to Chicago Cubs coverage.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#6 Post by domino harvey » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:32 pm

I suspect the answer is no, but anyone know of any circulating copies of the thirteen episode monthly anthology series, Our American Heritage, which from 1959-1961 starred a who's who of Hollywood stars recreating pre or post-scripts to the lives of well-known historical figures? The cast lists and brief summations here sound tantalizing!