Boy Meets World

Discuss TV shows old and new.
dx23

Re: Boy Meets World

#26 Post by dx23 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:12 pm

According to this Yahoo report, Corey will be a 7th grade history teacher in the new show, paralleling Mr. Feeny's role in the old series.

dx23

#28 Post by dx23 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 pm

dx23

#29 Post by dx23 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:33 pm

William Daniels is back as Feeny in Boy Meets Girl. And here are some pics taken during the filming of the pilot. I must say that the tall red head from the later seasons of the original series looks completely unrecognizable thanks to dubious plastic surgeries. At least she didn't turn into a Nikki Cox who has completely ruined herself with so really awful surgery.

matrixschmatrix

#30 Post by matrixschmatrix » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:09 am

Haha, that picture of Nikki Cox is wildly unfair- they're comparing a made-up glamour shot of a 10 years-younger woman to one where she's unmade up, she's got a mouthful of something, and the lighting makes them both look like crap. Nobody would look good in that context.

flyonthewall2983

#31 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:30 am

Plus from what I've heard, she's pretty much out of show business now anyway.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#32 Post by mfunk9786 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:46 am

You aren't kidding about Maitland Ward, but at least they're reasonable alterations. She was so beautiful, though. It's so strange who ends up getting surgery and for what.

dx23

#33 Post by dx23 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:02 pm

matrixschmatrix wrote:Haha, that picture of Nikki Cox is wildly unfair- they're comparing a made-up glamour shot of a 10 years-younger woman to one where she's unmade up, she's got a mouthful of something, and the lighting makes them both look like crap. Nobody would look good in that context.
Well, this is a glamour shot of her too from several years ago.
She simply fucked up her natural, beautiful looks.

dx23

#34 Post by dx23 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:58 am

Kirkinson

#35 Post by Kirkinson » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:09 pm

The greenlight is not at all surprising, but does the last line of the plot description strike anyone else as strange?
The story follows Riley and best friend, Maya (Sabrina Carpenter), as they enter the 7th grade. They engage in all sorts of fun and mischief, under the watchful eye of their history teacher — Riley's dad, Cory! After school, the two hang out at a popular pudding shop — run by Riley's mom, Topanga!
No disrespect to the fine pudding shop owners of the world, but really? Shouldn't Topanga be working at a non-profit law firm tackling environmental issues, or something? Granted the genius/hippie aspect of her character was heavily downplayed after the first couple seasons, but "she runs a pudding shop now!" is still kind of disappointing.

I can't believe I have a strong opinion about this.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#36 Post by domino harvey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 pm

I was surprised to hear only Cory, Topanga and Feeny were officially in the series-- I thought everyone was coming back. Also those two girls look like every other annoying Disney starlet so I'm sure this'll be a huge hit

Black Hat

#37 Post by Black Hat » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Kirkinson wrote:I can't believe I have a strong opinion about this.
You're not alone bro. LOL

dx23

#38 Post by dx23 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:42 am

domino harvey wrote:I was surprised to hear only Cory, Topanga and Feeny were officially in the series-- I thought everyone was coming back. Also those two girls look like every other annoying Disney starlet so I'm sure this'll be a huge hit
I read that the other stars from the show will have guest appearances every now and then, but that the producers of the show want to focus on the new kids, not re-start Boy Meets World. And yes, I'm also disappointed that Topanga (who looks beautiful by the way) is a pudding shop owner and not a lawyer. I wish Disney showed more strong, professional female roles instead of the simplistic way they are doing it right now.

Zot!

#39 Post by Zot! » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:15 am

Is pudding "in" right now or something? I am not aware of any pudding shops, successful or otherwise.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#40 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:47 am

A pudding shop? Really? Add me to the list of those who are annoyed by this, even though I won't be watching the show at all.

LQ

#41 Post by LQ » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 am

The idea of a pudding shop kind of seems like a set-up for a Tim & Eric Show sketch.

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#42 Post by jindianajonz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:57 am

Maybe the shop is just a front for the violently leftist Pudding Underground?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#43 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 am

Come on u guys, u kno how women be cookin

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#44 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 am

So we're to believe that all of these things happened simultaneously over the same course of time:

- Topanga abandoned all of her academic and career dreams
- Topanga opened a pudding shop
- Topanga lost a significant amount of weight

I know that were I in those shoes, I'd be shame-shoveling pudding into my mouth near constantly.

Black Hat

#45 Post by Black Hat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:43 pm

I think they're more expecting us to have forgotten all those things than have us believe anything. Expectations are low especially with most of the favorites not being back but I dunno I'm pretty excited about it, Topanga will always have a special place in my heart.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#46 Post by swo17 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:55 pm

I think they're more expecting grown men not to watch this show.

Also, pudding shops, like banana stands, are apparently popular gathering places for hippies like Topanga.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#47 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:48 pm

swo17 wrote:I think they're more expecting grown men not to watch this show.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure they aren't

Professor Wagstaff

#48 Post by Professor Wagstaff » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:29 pm

swo17 wrote:Also, pudding shops, like banana stands, are apparently popular gathering places for hippies like Topanga.
I quit watching the show by the time they entered college, but wasn't Topanga no longer played as a hippie by that point? I remember one of the charms early in the run of the series was that Cory's love interest was an eccentric, spiritually-based flower power girl instead of the standard girl next door. By the end of high school she seemed like she'd long grown out of that phase.

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#49 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Where we last left everyone, just to refresh your memory:
In the series finale, Cory, Topanga, Shawn and Eric all head to New York, where Topanga was offered a dream internship at a law firm.
During the college years, the focus for Cory and Topanga was on:

- Topanga wanting to preserve their virginity until marriage
- Cory and Topanga deciding whether or not to get married because of Topanga's parents' divorce
- Topanga working extremely hard to achieve her goal of becoming a lawyer, sometimes to the detriment of their relationship
- Cory and Topanga finally getting married and moving into an apartment, then, as mentioned, heading to New York

Can't recall any mentions of pudding.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#50 Post by Drucker » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:43 pm

mfunk9786 wrote:Where we last left everyone, just to refresh your memory:
In the series finale, Cory, Topanga, Shawn and Eric all head to New York, where Topanga was offered a dream internship at a law firm.
During the college years, the focus for Cory and Topanga was on:

- Topanga wanting to preserve their virginity until marriage
- Cory and Topanga deciding whether or not to get married because of Topanga's parents' divorce
- Topanga working extremely hard to achieve her goal of becoming a lawyer, sometimes to the detriment of their relationship
- Cory and Topanga finally getting married and moving into an apartment, then, as mentioned, heading to New York

Can't recall any mentions of pudding.
I'll never forget the episode where Topanga finally shows Cory her butt in the elevator they got stuck in. Even as a 13-year old, I knew it was weird a couple that was engaged hadn't seen each other's rear ends.