Parenthood

Discuss TV shows old and new.
flyonthewall2983

Re: TV of 2011

#1 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:25 pm

I really like Parenthood for a reason I can't quite pinpoint. Probably both the cast and that it has little to do with the movie, which makes it it more it's own thing.

Andre Jurieu

Parenthood

#2 Post by Andre Jurieu » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:11 pm

domino harvey wrote:Re: my own picks, are all the Friday Night Lights fans aware that Parenthood is run by Jason Katims?
That was the aspect that ensured I would watch it. It helped that the cast looked pretty solid as well. I'd say the first and second seasons are actually the strongest, especially whenever they allowed Mae Whitman to turn in some crazy impressive work. Her character has been dialed back a little this past season, which probably resulted in the season feeling slightly more subdued. Katims's talents should not be underestimated considering he's somehow managed to make Dax Shepard's character likeable
SpoilerShow
(though I could really do with less Jasmine, but maybe I just wanted Courtney Ford to stick around on a show for once).
One of the more frustrating aspects of the show is that they tend to ignore some characters, but with a cast so large, I guess it's a tough aspect to juggle. The show sometimes becomes slightly irritating when they focus too heavily on Max's condition, particularly when they just let Max Burkholder go wild and set no boundaries for the actor or character. Thankfully they've kind of allowed his character to settle down somewhat. As an aside, I really thought Katims was setting Alexandra Daddario to become the next Minka Kelly.
Last edited by Andre Jurieu on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andre Jurieu

Re: TV of 2012

#3 Post by Andre Jurieu » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:51 pm

In strange casting news, Ray Romano is going to be on Parenthood?