Justified

Discuss TV shows old and new.
flyonthewall2983

Re: Justified

#276 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:36 am

Same could be said for his supposed Nazi streak, he just saw a way of corralling guys to help him meet his bottom line.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#277 Post by domino harvey » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Justified writer/executive producer Chris Provenzano is developing another Elmore Leonard adaptation, a period western, for AMC

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#279 Post by tenia » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:23 am

Remember the discussion about ST:TNG and people waiting for a Complete Series box ? Well, I guess that again, that's what you get when supporting BD sales for a TV show straight from the beginning.
If the final season gets a lossless track (in opposite to its individual release), that'll be the last drip.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#280 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Someone made a "ship" video of Raylan and Dickie set to an LDR cover. The internet is a bottomless well

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#281 Post by domino harvey » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:08 am

Did my first full series revisit since this ended and I am happy to say it holds up remarkably well to a rewatch. Just a joy from start to finish. And season five is still the best season, by the time it comes around the show is already so good that it's just everyone at the height of their powers hitting the right notes over and over. Also, because so many of the episodes are unusually long, it's almost like we get a fourteenth episode overall, which helps with fleshing everything out. Watching in close quarters really shows how skillfully planned out the fourth and fifth seasons are-- these two more than the others feel like novels rather than a series of narrative arcs stitched together (which is fine for serialized television). Season four works better for me on revisit in close quarters than it did when it aired, but five is just so goddamn satisfying, and it continues to boggle my mind that most of this shows' fans (apart from our forum) don't acknowledge that Michael Rapaport gives the best Big Bad perf. My overall season ranking from the previous page remains the same, though the second and fourth seasons may be a little closer than I previously thought.

I will say that the biggest misstep the series makes that I didn't notice much while it was airing is that it really loses Limehouse as a character after season three. He goes from being a brutally scrupulous last resort to changing terms and doing so in a manner that would ensure no one would procure his services or trust him, the two things someone in his position would need to secure at all costs. It seemed like every appearance he made after the Ellen May handoff just had no idea what to do with the character and kept bringing him back to fill in plot gaps. But Jesus, if that's the biggest misstep of the series, that we still get a great character when he's a major player and his utility status in later seasons is more diluted, what does that tell you about this series?