McCabe and Mrs. Miller

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Martha

#1 Post by Martha » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:23 pm

One of Robert Altman's most provocative films turns the Wild West on it's ear. Warren Beatty and Julie Christie are a small-time gambler and a madam who go into "business" together.

Special Features:
Commentary by Director Robert Altman and Producer David Foster.
Behind-the-Scenes Documentary.

Derek Estes

#2 Post by Derek Estes » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:57 pm

This is one of my favorite Altman films. The Leonard Cohen soundtrack fits the film perfectly. Now if only Warner would release Brewster McCloud, and I'm sure they will because it is a highly requested title.

Jeff

#3 Post by Jeff » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:41 pm

Derek Estes wrote:Now if only Warner would release Brewster McCloud, and I'm sure they will because it is a highly requested title.
Well, I'm not sure if Warner agrees with you or not. In their April of 2003 chat with HTF, they said:
Based on past sales of BREWSTER on VHS and LD, it's doubtful a DVD release of the film would be profitable
Warner's output has changed significantly since then, so maybe they've changed their mind

Derek Estes

#4 Post by Derek Estes » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:27 am

They also mentioned they had no plans for THE BIG RED ONE, during the last chat and it is coming out in May. So I think that their plans change due to demand, and Brewster McCloud tends to appear frequently on most requested lists, so I think there may be a chance.

nolanoe

Re: McCabe and Mrs. Miller

#5 Post by nolanoe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:21 am

This really, really, really needs to be Blu'ed!!