Warner Brothers Archive Collection Blu-rays

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
captveg

Re: Warner Brothers Archive Collection Blu-rays

#826 Post by captveg » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Vachel in Valdosta wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:53 am
On the other hand if Warner includes even half of the superlative special features of the Icon then the disc should be of special interest to Hammer fans.
The only bonus feature on the WB release is the Trailer. Warner Archive gets no budget for bonus content, so I would assume that would include the cost of licensing bonus content that were included on releases from other companies.

Vachel in Valdosta

#827 Post by Vachel in Valdosta » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks for the DRACULA update captveg. Don't have any Archive blues from the deep supplements era. Am I to understand that none will be forthcoming unless they were produced by WHV "back in the day"?

captveg

#828 Post by captveg » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Vachel in Valdosta wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:46 pm
Thanks for the DRACULA update captveg. Don't have any Archive blues from the deep supplements era. Am I to understand that none will be forthcoming unless they were produced by WHV "back in the day"?
That's been the case, yes. I believe the only exception so far for a catalog BD was the commentary for Michael Collins, but that was likely on the shelf from a canceled SE DVD release and not newly created for Warner Archive.

isakorg2

#829 Post by isakorg2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Re The Thing (Hawks). I was all hunkered in for a long wait - the notice of the delay on Amazon had that don't call us, we'll call you, and don't hold your breath feel to it. But I received a notice that Amazon had been given a release date - and it's this coming Tuesday, the 27th.

FrauBlucher

#830 Post by FrauBlucher » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Indeed, it has a product page Here ... I can't wait to see some reviews, although I'm sure I'll pick it up no matter what.

Tuco

#831 Post by Tuco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:34 pm

THE THING is available on Amazon - ordered my copy last night and it will be delivered Sunday.

FrauBlucher

#832 Post by FrauBlucher » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:14 pm

patreig

#833 Post by patreig » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 am

Especially the subtitles for visually deficient customers.

Grand Wazoo

#834 Post by Grand Wazoo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Some new blus announced on the WAC Facebook page:
JUDGMENT NIGHT (1993)
NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 109:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 - English
Aspect Ratio 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Noted producer/director Stephen Hopkins (The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, 24, Predator 2) navigates this harrowing journey of four suburban men into the nightmarish neighborhood of Chicago’s crime-infested underworld. When four young men (Emilio Estevez; Cuba Gooding, Jr.; Stephen Dorff; Jeremy Piven) take a wrong turn on their way to a boxing match in a state-of-the-art RV, they witness a murder. Now, the killers’ leader (Denis Leary) cannot let them live, and the four must find their way to safety while being hunted through Chicago’s meanest streets. With a powerhouse cast, this edge-of-your-seat thriller takes viewers on a life-and-death road trip into terror.

THE PRIZE (1963)
NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 135:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 2.35:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Feature: Theatrical Trailer (HD)
Top writers, scientists and leaders converge annually on Stockholm to take part in the awarding of the prestigious Nobel Prizes. This year, however, some honorees will find the great event eclipsed by a greater challenge: staying alive. Paul Newman is up to his famed baby blues in danger and intrigue as Andrew Craig, a hard-drinking author and Nobel winner for literature. At first dismissive of the award and only interested in the cash it brings, Craig finds his writerly instincts and wit sharpened when he senses the physics prize winner (Edward G. Robinson) is an impostor. He sets out to expose the hoax, free-falling into a Cold War ploy of secrets, pursuits, subterfuge and assassins adapted for the screen (from Irving Wallace’s best seller) with spice and wit by Ernest Lehman (North by Northwest, Sweet Smell of Success).

THE GIANT BEHEMOTH (1959)
NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 80:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.78:1, 16 X 9 WIDESCREEN
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 25
Special Features: Commentary By SFX veterans Phil Tippett and Dennis Muren; Theatrical Trailer (HD)
As in his classic The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, director Eugene Lourie plunges us into a thrilling stomping ground, unleashing another Thunder Lizard to stomp on everything in sight. Alarming levels of radiation have infused the water, plants, and skies, and a radiated paleosaurus rises from the ocean depths. In its path: London. In its arsenal: a strength to topple buildings (King Kong’s Willis O’Brien contributes rampaging stop-motion effects), a stride that flattens cars, a flesh-searing radioactive ray and a ticked-off attitude. Left in ruins on land, humankind takes the fight to the beast’s undersea realm, where a two-man submarine crew must ensure the torpedo they fire is dead-on. The first chance is all anyone gets with The Giant Behemoth.