Stromboli

Discuss releases by the BFI and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

RossyG

Re: Stromboli

#51 Post by RossyG » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:32 am

MichaelB wrote:
Tommaso wrote:But if they wait any longer, practically everyone of their potential customers will buy the CC version.
I think you have a somewhat inflated idea of how many UK-based Blu-ray users are multi-region! I only went multi-region myself last year, and the vast majority of my friends are still region-locked.

This is quite aside from the fact that the CC version is vastly more expensive to a UK purchaser, not least because you have to buy the lot.
Yes, I'm region B only and intend to stay that way for economic reasons; not just the cost of a new player, but the higher prices, international p&p, and potential for customs charges.

Here in the UK, we have the BFI, MoC, Arrow and the variable but prolific and often worthwhile Studio Canal, so that's enough to be going on with.

I had Journey and Stromboli on pre-order, but these have been cancelled by MovieMail, so I'll just bide my time until they are given a firm release date. Ditto the two Robbe-Grillet films.

I don't mind waiting for them, but it's a bit ominous that four releases have vanished from the BFI's schedule. I hope they're not scaling back on BD releases, although after their budget cuts it would be understandable.