Robert Downey Sr.

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.
Cash Flagg

Re: Robert Downey Sr.

#27 Post by Cash Flagg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Greaser's Palace is comin to DVD on November 23rd from Scorpion Releasing. Here's their website, with info on other upcoming titles.

hearthesilence

#28 Post by hearthesilence » Fri May 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Couldn't find mention of this anywhere, but Robert Downey Sr. says Criterion is prepping his first four (or three, can't remember for sure) films for release.

He said it this past week when he appeared at the Brooklyn Academy of Music for a post-screening discussion of Hal Ashby's The Landlord. (Ashby was a good friend of Downey's and BAM's currently running a retrospective on Ashby's films.) During the Q&A, someone just asked him "when are your films going to be out on DVD?" and he said Criterion's doing them.

Thomas Dukenfield

#29 Post by Thomas Dukenfield » Sat May 21, 2011 12:12 am

hearthesilence wrote:Couldn't find mention of this anywhere, but Robert Downey Sr. says Criterion is prepping his first four (or three, can't remember for sure) films for release.
Holy shit. He'd be perfect for an Eclipse release. I have boots of Pound, Moment to Moment, and Chafed Elbows, but none of them have even been released on VHS.

PBR Streetgang

#30 Post by PBR Streetgang » Sun May 22, 2011 10:23 am

I see that Greaser's Palace is mentioned often here in this thread. Is that the best one to watch after Putney Swope? I liked that one a lot and am looking for the next Downey film to watch.