Paul Schrader

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.

Moderator: DarkImbecile

bearcuborg

Re: Paul Schrader

#101 Post by bearcuborg » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Close Up with the Hollywood Reporter

I just finally caught up with some episodes I recorded... If you folks can find it online or on demand, Schrader is pretty compelling in this episode. He also shares the table with Peter Farraley. This series in general is usually worth your time...

Reverend Drewcifer

#102 Post by Reverend Drewcifer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Paul Schrader looks eerily similar to my father, and can at times be as cranky as my father. This, though, is very unlike my father, and now I kind of wish Paul Schrader would adopt me:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/glenn-c ... photo.html

FrauBlucher

#103 Post by FrauBlucher » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Shrader says some very lovely things about De Palma and then takes them down :o :shock: :? ..... updated from the De Palma post

And this...
Next up for Schrader is the Western “Nine Men From Now,” which he told IndieWire will be like a remake of Budd Boetticher’s “7 Men from Now” if “Terrence Malick and David Lynch took a shit on the script.”
:lol:

Big Ben

#104 Post by Big Ben » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:25 pm

This is almost as amusing as the time a few months ago he publicly inquired why he was getting ads with women in bikinis and someone informed him that ads were based on your browsing history. After this revelation Schrader admitted that he had been busted and had indeed been looking at women in swimsuits.

It was hysterical.

black&huge

#105 Post by black&huge » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:20 am

This is a great thread. Big Ben that was so funny to read.

Also since I'm in here I recently watched Dog Eat Dog on netflix and this is a very broad question but:

What in the world compelled Schrader to make that movie? And make it the way he did?

Slaphappy

#106 Post by Slaphappy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:24 am

black&huge wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:20 am
Also since I'm in here I recently watched Dog Eat Dog on netflix and this is a very broad question but:

What in the world compelled Schrader to make that movie? And make it the way he did?
In Bret Easton Ellis podcast he said they had agreed with Nicholas Cage that because Dying of the Light was taken away from them, they’d someday make a totally outrageous movie on their own terms. Schrader got final cut rights for Dog Eat Dog, but knew they didn’t have enough money to make an actually good movie, so he told everyone in the crew to throw in the most deranged ideas they had hoping to get a critical mass for a cult movie going on.

https://m.mixcloud.com/breteastonellisp ... er-101716/