Leos Carax

Discussion and info on people in film, ranging from directors to actors to cinematographers to writers.
petitdelon

Re: Leos Carax

#126 Post by petitdelon » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:06 pm

Rrobynne wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:49 am
Someone has now re-uploaded my subbed version of Pierre to a ubiquitous video website.
That someone would be me! Squirt Reynolds!
After a year and a half of being up, Youtube thought it was a good idea to delete it for nudity.

As I said earlier to you in the comments, thank you for helping to cut it together and subtitling it. I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone who saw it that it was a big deal to finally see the 40 additional minutes. :wink:

Rrobynne

#127 Post by Rrobynne » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:33 pm

petitdelon wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:06 pm
After a year and a half of being up, Youtube thought it was a good idea to delete it for nudity.
Ah, I thought It was Pathé finally. In any case, I came here to post that it is now available on the Internet Archive if you search the title up in English. I continue to encourage people to spread word of this lost masterpiece & if I can find a willing native French speaker to help with transcription I'd like to continue improving the translation of not just this, but Carax's other works, too.

Rrobynne

#128 Post by Rrobynne » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:38 pm

petitdelon wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:58 am
Does anyone know for sure the aspect ratio of Les amants du Pont-Neuf?
The US Kino Lorber release, which I own and is the release of that film to date with the best picture quality, is 1.66:1. I don't want to fumble embedding it here 'cause it's 2 AM and I don't post here much, so message me if this question is still relevant these months later and I'll email a pic of the specs on the case for you to use in your complaint.