Defend Your Darlings, You Sad Pandas! (Lists Project v 3.0)

An ongoing project to survey the best films of individual decades, genres, and filmmakers.
colinr0380

Re: Defend Your Darlings, You Sad Pandas! (Lists Project v 3

#251 Post by colinr0380 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:06 pm

zedz wrote:
colinr0380 wrote:43. Intervals - I like to think of this as a proto-music video (and a great preparation for the much more complex Vertical Features Remake) with the same Venice footage (perversely without a view of the canals intruding) cut to and repeated a couple of times with a metronome and industrial noises, and an Italian lesson in ABCs as if to vaguely illustrate principles of musical notation, rhythm and development, eventually ending with the most cathartic burst of classical music in cinema. It can be watched here or on the first volume of the BFI's Early Films of Peter Greenaway set.
Technically, the film you voted for is a 1970s one, since the soundtrack wasn't added until 1973. But maybe you can vote for it again next time!
Yes, although imdb counts it as 1969 so it wouldn't be eligible for the 70s unless we get a special exemption for it from the list co-ordinator. I agree 1973 would be a more sensible date for the 'finished' work, but I'm sure I will have many other Greenaway films to put into the 70s to make up for its absence!

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#252 Post by swo17 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:09 pm

If you desperately want to have it as an orphan again, two lists in a row, then who am I to stand in your way?

colinr0380

#253 Post by colinr0380 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:49 pm

That's OK, I think I have 1.2..3... 4....5.....6......7.......8........9.........10..........11 films to put on in its place!

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#254 Post by swo17 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Cold Bishop wrote:I don't know why we still post these here instead of the corresponding thread
I guess I don't know why either. I'm fine with this stuff being addressed in the '70s thread.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#255 Post by domino harvey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:43 pm

The Pandas thread is a relic from when people didn't use the List Project thread for discussion. This should really be closed, in my opinion-- have all decade-related discussion in one easy to peruse thread

Mr Sausage

#256 Post by Mr Sausage » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 pm

domino harvey wrote:The Pandas thread is a relic from when people didn't use the List Project thread for discussion. This should really be closed, in my opinion-- have all decade-related discussion in one easy to peruse thread
Done. I trust the list runners don't mind.