Forthcoming Lists Discussion & Random Speculation

News on Criterion and Janus Films.
Jeff

#226 Post by Jeff » Fri May 19, 2006 2:58 pm

This has got to be Matt's favorite thread this year. It's this one, this one, and this one all rolled into one useless pile of crap.

Andre Jurieu

#227 Post by Andre Jurieu » Fri May 19, 2006 3:01 pm

Jeff wrote: ... all rolled into one useless pile of crap.
Is that our new tag-line?

HerrSchreck

#228 Post by HerrSchreck » Fri May 19, 2006 3:22 pm

For a second thought i was on the criterionforum.COM site
.. and den another thing -- I know for sure that stoopit dam guy wanting SHE GOTTA HAVE IT is mos def some black guy with his pants definitely down definitely to his knees. What I'm posed to say to that-- "Good luck on our SAT's bee-yach?" To me that's just stoopit. He think thats cool but tell you it's just not that cool at all. Fucking black people all horrible in side & all. Then they wonder bout the n word. Something told me I better erase that but I'm not gonta erase it at all.

Either that or he's some white guy who surrounds himself with nothing but black people talking that ebonic shit and then in the next breath talk about the "man". Plus when my friends see Private Idaho and ask "Yo why you bought that Faggot bull Shit?" I admit I feel kinda funny all inside. Icky'n shit. But it does have some GODFATHER moments. That's true. Exxept for the part where those nuthead hebes come in and shoot evey big mob guy in a sick jewish ritual. Don't get mad at this post if you have not never read Levicticus. Have you read that? Readt that first and we can talk son.

skuhn8

#229 Post by skuhn8 » Fri May 19, 2006 3:44 pm

Note to self: just pissed self.

Anthony

#230 Post by Anthony » Fri May 19, 2006 6:32 pm

It's time for a lock down.

ianungstad

#231 Post by ianungstad » Fri May 19, 2006 9:39 pm

I doubt all those reissues will be coming out this year. Didn't Weir also say that Criterion were updating the old Picnic at Hanging Rock disc? I think a few of these are going to be holdovers till '07.

December for the last few years has been reissue month...I think they'll put the Kurosawa's out then, Amacord, Picnic will be bumped over till '07.

Though that's just a guess....I'm not Miss Cleo or anything.

LightBulbFilm

#232 Post by LightBulbFilm » Fri May 19, 2006 10:12 pm

HerrSchreck wrote:
.. and den another thing -- I know for sure that stoopit dam guy wanting SHE GOTTA HAVE IT is mos def some black guy with his pants definitely down definitely to his knees. What I'm posed to say to that-- "Good luck on our SAT's bee-yach?" To me that's just stoopit. He think thats cool but tell you it's just not that cool at all. Fucking black people all horrible in side & all. Then they wonder bout the n word. Something told me I better erase that but I'm not gonta erase it at all.

Either that or he's some white guy who surrounds himself with nothing but black people talking that ebonic shit and then in the next breath talk about the "man". Plus when my friends see Private Idaho and ask "Yo why you bought that Faggot bull Shit?" I admit I feel kinda funny all inside. Icky'n shit. But it does have some GODFATHER moments. That's true. Exxept for the part where those nuthead hebes come in and shoot evey big mob guy in a sick jewish ritual. Don't get mad at this post if you have not never read Levicticus. Have you read that? Readt that first and we can talk son.
Number one, buddy. Fuck you. I'm not black... I'm a white man. I just enjoy Spike Lee's films. The post was in joking fashion anyway. I don't surround myself with black people and speak ebonics bull shit. I speak correct Englsih. Those coments were extremely racist as well. Doesn't really bother me, just didn't think this forum's members could be so closed minded. As far as not getting mad at the post, don't tell me not to. No I haven't read Leviticus and you used double negatives in that sentence. So maybe you're the one speaking "ebonics", if you'd like to call it that.

I don't want to start a big huge thing online, your comments were just un called for for a post that was meant in jest.

Dear Catastrophe Totoro

#233 Post by Dear Catastrophe Totoro » Fri May 19, 2006 10:29 pm

Psst...here.

jorencain

#234 Post by jorencain » Fri May 19, 2006 11:43 pm

uhhh, yeah, he was kidding too.

LightBulbFilm

#235 Post by LightBulbFilm » Sat May 20, 2006 12:01 am

jorencain wrote:uhhh, yeah, he was kidding too.
my sarcasm detector doesn't work very well. sorry ?

there should be a sarcasm smiley...

Dear Catastrophe Totoro

#236 Post by Dear Catastrophe Totoro » Sat May 20, 2006 12:54 am

EDIT: I've had enough of all this ambiguity. This is like an episode of Three's Company.
Last edited by Dear Catastrophe Totoro on Sat May 20, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noir of the Night

#237 Post by Noir of the Night » Sat May 20, 2006 1:05 am

LightBulbFilm wrote:I speak correct Englsih.
Oh man, that is just perfect.

skuhn8

#238 Post by skuhn8 » Sat May 20, 2006 3:17 am

LightBulbFilm wrote:
HerrSchreck wrote:

Number one, buddy. Fuck you. I'm not black... I'm a white man. I just enjoy Spike Lee's films. The post was in joking fashion anyway. I don't surround myself with black people and speak ebonics bull shit. I speak correct Englsih. Those coments were extremely racist as well. Doesn't really bother me, just didn't think this forum's members could be so closed minded. As far as not getting mad at the post, don't tell me not to. No I haven't read Leviticus and you used double negatives in that sentence. So maybe you're the one speaking "ebonics", if you'd like to call it that.

I don't want to start a big huge thing online, your comments were just un called for for a post that was meant in jest.
Lighten up, Francis.
He was just riffin' off ya.

HerrSchreck

#239 Post by HerrSchreck » Sat May 20, 2006 7:08 am

LightBulbFilm wrote:

Hey LightBulb first off you're a Burroughs fan so that's a "check".

Dude I'm really sorry if it read like I was targeting you with that.. it was a riff on some of the creeps that crawled out of abortion clinic medical waste bins, dressed themselves in discarded Ken doll dry goods, and now are quoted from criterionforum.com viz ANYONE DOWN FOR SOME CATTINESS...? thread. I can imagine how you felt if you weren't familiar with the stuff reproduced there.

Re your original SHES GOTTA HAVE IT post, my original "all horrible inside" was also a riff from that thread--been using it a lot lately as a form of self-entertainment-- and was just a light goof to a post which I'm sure you must understand was a bit nuclear. Or nuke-yoo-lar as Horseapple Bush would say. In any case please don't take any of this personally. Neither myself nor internet chat in general is worthwhile enough to get under your skin.

Dear Catastrophe Totoro

#240 Post by Dear Catastrophe Totoro » Sat May 20, 2006 10:02 am

All of our problems with communication and the criterionforum.com can be summed up with this.

LightBulbFilm

#241 Post by LightBulbFilm » Sat May 20, 2006 2:48 pm

HerrSchreck wrote:
LightBulbFilm wrote:

Hey LightBulb first off you're a Burroughs fan so that's a "check".

Dude I'm really sorry if it read like I was targeting you with that.. it was a riff on some of the creeps that crawled out of abortion clinic medical waste bins, dressed themselves in discarded Ken doll dry goods, and now are quoted from criterionforum.com viz ANYONE DOWN FOR SOME CATTINESS...? thread. I can imagine how you felt if you weren't familiar with the stuff reproduced there.

Re your original SHES GOTTA HAVE IT post, my original "all horrible inside" was also a riff from that thread--been using it a lot lately as
a form of self-entertainment-- and was just a light goof to a post which I'm sure you must understand was a bit nuclear. Or nuke-yoo-lar as Horseapple Bush would say. In any case please don't take any of this personally. Neither myself nor internet chat in general is worthwhile enough to get under your skin.
Sorry about that. I have a hair trigger temper... I don't know when people are kidding sometimes either. I figured it was a little odd, because so far I have had good experiences here.

toiletduck!

#242 Post by toiletduck! » Sat May 20, 2006 4:03 pm

LightBulbFilm wrote:Sorry about that. I have a hair trigger temper... I don't know when people are kidding sometimes either. I figured it was a little odd, because so far I have had good experiences here.
Oh god, you were serious? I thought that that was a sarcastic reply to Schreck's sarcastic reply. Quick, claim it while you still can, I was about to hail you as some sort of comedic genius!

-Toilet Dcuk

pzman84

#243 Post by pzman84 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:58 pm

They should release some Kiarostami. By the time they release it, they will be able to have a special feature "Kiarostami's house before the air strikes and Kiarostami's house after the air strikes." Of couse, maybe that's a little too cynical. :wink:

djali999

#244 Post by djali999 » Sat May 20, 2006 8:16 pm

Since not much else is going on here right now, I would like to point out that Totoro's avatar just made my day.

LightBulbFilm

#245 Post by LightBulbFilm » Sat May 20, 2006 11:18 pm

toiletduck! wrote:
LightBulbFilm wrote:Sorry about that. I have a hair trigger temper... I don't know when people are kidding sometimes either. I figured it was a little odd, because so far I have had good experiences here.
Oh god, you were serious? I thought that that was a sarcastic reply to Schreck's sarcastic reply. Quick, claim it while you still can, I was about to hail you as some sort of comedic genius!
Ok, I claim it.

zedz

#246 Post by zedz » Mon May 22, 2006 12:17 am

ABORT! ABORT!

Is this a forum record for the fastest derailment of a thread?

Random speculums go here. This is simply a summary of the titles Already Announced By Criterion for 2006 (or next best thing, e.g. pimped by a WackyAnimal or announced in the New York Times). Yes, they've promised a lot of Reissues. If there's any further information to add, then fine, but if not, may I suggest this wasteland?

sevenarts

#247 Post by sevenarts » Mon May 22, 2006 10:41 am

maybe it's just me, but i REALLY hope Sans Soleil is on the slate for this year, after all the New Yorker/Criterion rumors last year. having that on a good dvd is priority #1 for me.

miless

#248 Post by miless » Mon May 22, 2006 3:15 pm

sevenarts wrote:maybe it's just me, but i REALLY hope Sans Soleil is on the slate for this year, after all the New Yorker/Criterion rumors last year. having that on a good dvd is priority #1 for me.
If they released it with La Jetee, that would be amazing as well...
I'm hoping for Ivan's Childhood and Nostalghia (as well as any other Tarkovsky they can muster)

Matt

#249 Post by Matt » Mon May 22, 2006 3:24 pm

zedz wrote:ABORT! ABORT!

Is this a forum record for the fastest derailment of a thread?

Random speculums go here. This is simply a summary of the titles Already Announced By Criterion for 2006 (or next best thing, e.g. pimped by a WackyAnimal or announced in the New York Times). Yes, they've promised a lot of Reissues. If there's any further information to add, then fine, but if not, may I suggest this wasteland?
What he said.