Criterion on YouTube

News on Criterion and Janus Films.
macaca

Criterion on YouTube

#1 Post by macaca » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:32 pm

I think it would be a good idea if Criterion released trailers for the films they were releasing on DVD.

Sites like YouTube have some trailers of the films, but why doesn't Criterion put them up on their own site on the same page as the release info? It may spark interest in someone who may not be able to a specific title in a video store. Just a suggestion.

DrewReiber

#2 Post by DrewReiber » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:39 pm

Personally, I think it would be cool if they were able to host trailers as Blue Underground did through their site. However, I'm sure they look at the advertising as a special feature that people are paying for. It might be too much to expect them to make that free to the public.

Cinesimilitude

#3 Post by Cinesimilitude » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:42 pm

I'm responsible for the trailers on youtube that start with "Criterion Trailer", I was planning on uploading every single one of them, but I lost interest quickly. I'd be willing to give people the password if they wanted to upload more of them, just have to change it first. If we do get them all up there, hammock and I will gladly build a page dedicated to them on criteriondungeon.

teddyleevin

#4 Post by teddyleevin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 am

SncDthMnky wrote:I'm responsible for the trailers on youtube that start with "Criterion Trailer", I was planning on uploading every single one of them, but I lost interest quickly. I'd be willing to give people the password if they wanted to upload more of them, just have to change it first. If we do get them all up there, hammock and I will gladly build a page dedicated to them on criteriondungeon.
I'll be very willing to put up all the ones I have. I'll add my share, and others can continue.

Cinesimilitude

#5 Post by Cinesimilitude » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:40 am

PM sent teddy. go nuts.

colinr0380

#6 Post by colinr0380 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:42 am

SncDthMnky wrote:I'm responsible for the trailers on youtube that start with "Criterion Trailer", I was planning on uploading every single one of them, but I lost interest quickly.
I wondered who had been putting them up! Thanks very much for what you were able to do! And teddyleevin for what you are adding.

I also read your post about the CriterionDungeon. Sorry, I'm not much help. I took a HTML course but do not have much experience to help out with confidence. Thank you for your hard work on these projects though, SncDthMnky!

Cinesimilitude

#7 Post by Cinesimilitude » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:12 am

colinr0380 wrote:
SncDthMnky wrote:I'm responsible for the trailers on youtube that start with "Criterion Trailer", I was planning on uploading every single one of them, but I lost interest quickly.
I wondered who had been putting them up! Thanks very much for what you were able to do! And teddyleevin for what you are adding.

I also read your post about the CriterionDungeon. Sorry, I'm not much help. I took a HTML course but do not have much experience to help out with confidence. Thank you for your hard work on these projects though, SncDthMnky!
Well, All I'm really needing is someone to teach me how to do sexy dropdown menu's like criteriondvd.com's left side directory. But yeah, as for the trailers, as long as they don't have nudity we shall host them on youtube, the ones with nudity we will have to find another spot for.

PS. I hope this isn't anyone here (he's probably a member of forum jr.) cause these videos are absolutely hilarious. Part 1 - Part 2.

The man has a sizable chunk of the collection, but listening to him stumble through the titles, and his voice... Classic.

Be sure to check out The double life of veronica, the An-toe-knee donnel boxset, 'cass-ique door, I guess..." and "lez dame dez... whatever"

His tastes include that of Robert Brezin, and Lewis Mallay. jeeeesus.

jesus the mexican boi

#8 Post by jesus the mexican boi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:14 am

SncDthMnky wrote:The man has a sizeable chunk of the collection, but listening to him stumble through the titles, and his voice... Classic.

Be sure to check out The double life of veronica, the An-toe-knee donnel boxset, 'cass-ique door, I guess..." and "lez dame dez... whatever"

His tastes include that of Robert Brezin, and Lewis Mallay. jeeeesus.
I immediately began to wonder if he'd actually WATCHED any of them.

"I only buy a book for the way it looks, then I put it on the shelf again." -- Belle and Sebastian

Matt

#9 Post by Matt » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:25 am

"Annouce la liberty, I guess." Classic. It's not like they don't sing the title throughout the entire picture.

"Bob lay fla-more." :roll: If he pronounced it phonetically, he'd be less wrong.

"Uh... Touches poss oo Grisbi... the heck?"

And my favorite: he gets Mouchette right, and then "corrects" himself to say "Mu-shetty. That can't be right."

tryavna

#10 Post by tryavna » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:52 pm

You guys have probably just made some shy, soft-spoken lurker cry.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#11 Post by domino harvey » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:53 pm

my favorite was probably him mispronouncing "Arkadin"... do you think he's watched any of these films before?

EDIT: I take it back, as said earlier, "Lez Dames whatever by Brezzin" wins

teddyleevin

#12 Post by teddyleevin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:56 pm

Could he have chosen a more tedious way to show his his entire collection?

All right, I'm going to start those trailers.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#13 Post by domino harvey » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:06 pm

"Oh-live-e-uhr"

Jeff

#14 Post by Jeff » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 pm

Matt wrote:And my favorite: he gets Mouchette right, and then "corrects" himself to say "Mu-shetty. That can't be right."
Machete is back. And this time she's pissed!

denti alligator

#15 Post by denti alligator » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:23 pm

domino harvey wrote:do you think he's watched any of these films before?
To be fair, there are a number of Criterions on my shelf that remain unwatched. However, if you spend your Friday evening doing this kind of thing instead of actually watching them, you have no excuse.

This is painful. I could only watch the first minute or so of the first one.

souvenir

#16 Post by souvenir » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:29 pm

I'm hopeful that those videos were performance art.

ezmbmh

#17 Post by ezmbmh » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:31 pm

I agree with Denti--painful and not a little pathetic. My dullest Saturday nights never got this sad.

teddyleevin

#18 Post by teddyleevin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:43 pm

My favorite part is: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas......Fat Girl".

Reminds me of, "Dead air, um, dead air."

Cinesimilitude

#19 Post by Cinesimilitude » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:44 pm

Check out the guys other videos, specifically "Coca-Cola Water", it will change your life.

teddyleevin

#20 Post by teddyleevin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:53 pm

SncDthMnky wrote:check out the guys other videos, specifically "Coca-Cola Water", it will change your life.
It says its a "Howto or DIY" video. But, what exactly is he trying to teach us? How to improperly swordfight with a coke bottle?

Cinesimilitude

#21 Post by Cinesimilitude » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:03 pm

teddyleevin wrote:It says its a "Howto or DIY" video. But, what exactly is he trying to teach us? How to improperly swordfight with a coke bottle?
I think that to truly understand that video would unlock the secrets of the universe.

macaca

#22 Post by macaca » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:10 pm

Whoever edited my original post, thank you. My English degree is just gathering dust, anyway. :?

Doctor Sunshine

#23 Post by Doctor Sunshine » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:16 pm

Nice, guys. As if it's not bad enough that he can't get any respect from Miss Piggy...

tryavna

#24 Post by tryavna » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Doctor Sunshine wrote:he can't get any respect from Miss Piggy...
:lol:

Watching -- or, rather, listening -- to his video with this observation in mind raises it up to an entirely new level of humor.

You guys must be on something today. I haven't laughed this much while visiting this forum in a long, long time.

teddyleevin

#25 Post by teddyleevin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:08 pm

I added a lot of trailers to YouTube. I'm now done with the ones I can put up, when I get more Criterions I can put up more. For now, I'm leaving this to anyone else that can put up some trailers. The ones I added to the collection are:

Life Of Brian
Rififi
Withnail & I
Man Bites Dog
The 400 Blows
Stolen Kisses
Bed and Board
Love on the Run
Throne of Blood
Tokyo Story
Ikiru
Fanny & Alexander
Short Cuts
Kagemusha
Harakiri
Naked
Ran
The Bad Sleep Well
Lacombe, Lucien
Au Revoir Les Enfants

Let's add some more! Ask me or SncDthMnky for the password, I guess.