Where's My Criterion?

News on Criterion and Janus Films.
Murdoch

Re: Where's My Criterion?

#826 Post by Murdoch » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:56 am

My copy of the Beauty and the Beast BD shipped from Amazon even though it wasn't scheduled to ship until December. In celebration I'll eat food on Thursday.

daniel p

#827 Post by daniel p » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:03 pm

How annoying! Finally received my order of 8 Criterion Blu-rays from Barnes and Noble placed on November 5th, shipped Nov 15th I believe. Well, I thought I had received my order - it was addressed to me here in Melbourne Australia, but it said book on the front - opened it up, and it was invoiced to somebody from Fort Wayne, IN, USA and was a book on Steve Jobs! So that means this lady will not be getting her Christmas present in time for Christmas, and nor will I! Added to the fact they haven't shipped my The Killing Blu-ray still, despite it saying it has been in stock for weeks now (ordered 5 weeks ago tomorrow), I don't think I will bother with B&N from now on. They manage to screw up something in EACH one of my orders. This is the biggest screw up though.

Well I assume she has received my 8 Blu-rays, and returns them - hopefully this can all be sorted and I can unwrap my Christmas present by February! ](*,)

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#828 Post by mfunk9786 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:40 pm

I wouldn't be so sure that someone who receives 8 Blu-rays instead of a book is going to return them.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#829 Post by Drucker » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 pm

daniel p wrote:How annoying! Finally received my order of 8 Criterion Blu-rays from Barnes and Noble placed on November 5th, shipped Nov 15th I believe. Well, I thought I had received my order - it was addressed to me here in Melbourne Australia, but it said book on the front - opened it up, and it was invoiced to somebody from Fort Wayne, IN, USA and was a book on Steve Jobs! So that means this lady will not be getting her Christmas present in time for Christmas, and nor will I! Added to the fact they haven't shipped my The Killing Blu-ray still, despite it saying it has been in stock for weeks now (ordered 5 weeks ago tomorrow), I don't think I will bother with B&N from now on. They manage to screw up something in EACH one of my orders. This is the biggest screw up though.

Well I assume she has received my 8 Blu-rays, and returns them - hopefully this can all be sorted and I can unwrap my Christmas present by February!
8 Blu-Rays in a Duffel Bag?

daniel p

#830 Post by daniel p » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah I know, I was kinda hoping the recipient might not have heard of any/most of the films!

What is it with B&N? Today I receive an email saying that after 5 weeks or waiting, and twice receiving emails stating The Killing would be delayed, that today they cancelled the item from my order but it is now in stock if I would like to place an order for it. What kind of customer service is this?!?

Does anybody know any alternative email addressess for this company? The usual email address seems to be useless, and I would call them but I am in Australia. This is abysmal customer service, I should have just paid more from amazon, at least they actually give a shit about their service.

Mozart

#831 Post by Mozart » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:53 am

Most of the Criterions from B&N from my order (Nov. 16) arrived in Germany. Really early, expected them in mid January.
All in perfect condition. :D

Out for at least 1 month now! \:D/

Der Spieler

#832 Post by Der Spieler » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:08 pm

daniel p wrote:What is it with B&N? Today I receive an email saying that after 5 weeks or waiting, and twice receiving emails stating The Killing would be delayed, that today they cancelled the item from my order but it is now in stock if I would like to place an order for it. What kind of customer service is this?!?

Does anybody know any alternative email addressess for this company? The usual email address seems to be useless, and I would call them but I am in Australia. This is abysmal customer service, I should have just paid more from amazon, at least they actually give a shit about their service.
Something similar happened to me. I ordered the Pale Flower BD at sale price, they sent a random book instead, I asked for a replacement and they told me they couldn't do it but that I could place a new order for the same item -- at the regular price. Very shoddy customer service.

Vito

#833 Post by Vito » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Mozart wrote:Most of the Criterions from B&N from my order (Nov. 16) arrived in Germany. Really early, expected them in mid January.
All in perfect condition.

Out for at least 1 month now!
I admit I order 1 bluray per order. Somehow B&N insists on shipping them via UPS Worldwide express to Slovenia. That happened 6 times now... suffice to say I get them same week I order them.

Jazzkammer

#834 Post by Jazzkammer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Am I the only one still waiting for his Criterions from the B&N sale to arrive in the mail? Mine were shipped via USPS/Canada Post, all but one of the Criterions being shipped on November 23. The other Criterion shipped November 26. I still have recieved nothing in the mail. I should have opted for trackable/priority shipping, but I don't even remember if that was an option with B&N. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - but they still should not take nigh on a month to get here, even during xmas season.

Aside from them getting shipped to the wrong address, or getting lost, the only other possibility I could think of is my neighbor across the hallway stealing the parcel notice from my door (she hates me and would do such a thing). I'm starting to get worried!

bradass

#835 Post by bradass » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Jazzkammer wrote:Am I the only one still waiting for his Criterions from the B&N sale to arrive in the mail? Mine were shipped via USPS/Canada Post, all but one of the Criterions being shipped on November 23. The other Criterion shipped November 26. I still have recieved nothing in the mail. I should have opted for trackable/priority shipping, but I don't even remember if that was an option with B&N. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - but they still should not take nigh on a month to get here, even during xmas season.

Aside from them getting shipped to the wrong address, or getting lost, the only other possibility I could think of is my neighbor across the hallway stealing the parcel notice from my door (she hates me and would do such a thing). I'm starting to get worried!
Also Edmonton... my order was split in two, with both parcels being shipped on the 15th. One was delivered on the 11th (a Saturday, which is bizarre in itself) and the second on Friday. Definitely slow, but worth it for the price.

daniel p

#836 Post by daniel p » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:37 pm

After some 25 emails, one international phone call, and one live chat session - I finally received a refund for my order. Although strangely, I am still $10 USD out of pocket, but I am cutting my losses. NEVER ordering with B&N again.

perkizitore

#837 Post by perkizitore » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Next time pay with Paypal, so if they fuck up they pay anyway, you don't have to spend money on calling them!

stevewhamola

#838 Post by stevewhamola » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Jazzkammer wrote:Am I the only one still waiting for his Criterions from the B&N sale to arrive in the mail? Mine were shipped via USPS/Canada Post, all but one of the Criterions being shipped on November 23.
My situation as well. My order shipped on Nov 23rd and even considering I live farther north, I feel it should've arrived by now. I was getting worried my $400 order was lost in the mail, but now that other Canadians are experiencing a delay I feel a bit more at ease.

Askew

#839 Post by Askew » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 pm

I live in Toronto and I still haven't received my B&N order that shipped on the 23rd.

daniel p

#840 Post by daniel p » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 pm

perkizitore wrote:Next time pay with Paypal, so if they fuck up they pay anyway, you don't have to spend money on calling them!
Good idea, wasn't aware I could - will see if I cave next 50% off sale or not, but pretty disappointed with them... cancelling items after a month of waiting for it to ship was bad enough, but this time their service was an absolute joke.

bdsweeney

#841 Post by bdsweeney » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:59 pm

stevewhamola wrote:
Jazzkammer wrote:Am I the only one still waiting for his Criterions from the B&N sale to arrive in the mail? Mine were shipped via USPS/Canada Post, all but one of the Criterions being shipped on November 23.
My situation as well. My order shipped on Nov 23rd and even considering I live farther north, I feel it should've arrived by now. I was getting worried my $400 order was lost in the mail, but now that other Canadians are experiencing a delay I feel a bit more at ease.
I live in Australia, and two orders of mine shipped on the 23 November, too. Neither have been received. However, an order I placed in early November seemed to reach me without a hitch—within about 2 weeks.

Der Spieler

#842 Post by Der Spieler » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:23 pm

People from Canada shouldn't worry. 30 to 35 days is normal time for B&N orders.

stevewhamola

#843 Post by stevewhamola » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:46 pm

I received my Barnes & Noble order today, exactly a month after it shipped. Christmas just became awesome.

TheGodfather

#844 Post by TheGodfather » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:08 am

Received my blu-ray copies of Belle De Jour and Godzilla today from planetaxel. Again, well before the release date!

colinr0380

#845 Post by colinr0380 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Ditto on planetaxel with my copies of Godzilla and The Moment of Truth! \:D/

Forrest Taft

#846 Post by Forrest Taft » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:28 pm

And they haven't even shipped my Godzilla yet :cry:

Minkin

#847 Post by Minkin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Glad to see some of you received your Godzilla Blus over ten days ago!

Mine (ordered in the short period when they were 50% off at BN) still hasn't left and traveled the hour or so to my house. BN seems to send their express/members priority packages by Argix Direct. Argix decides to sit on the package for about a week and then eventually tender it to USPS... so what's the point? It seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

I suppose I shouldn't complain since I bought it in that grace period... but to put it into perspective: my Amazon UK order (which said it shipped the same day as my BN order) arrived today! Argix tracking still says it's in their shipping facility (nothing from post office tracking, so they don't have it). Ah, first world problems.

The Narrator Returns

#848 Post by The Narrator Returns » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:06 pm

How much time has it taken to get the White replacement disc? I shipped mine on Tuesday.

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

#849 Post by Michael Kerpan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:24 pm

B&N says our Demy set is on its way.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#850 Post by swo17 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Just received shipping confirmation from Amazon for my $14 copy of Othello.