Where's my MoC?

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
anvilscepe

Re: Where's my MoC?

#176 Post by anvilscepe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Are MoC titles not released in spine order? I own spine #82 (Il Grido), but according to some recent posts, two Pialat films will be released in early March (#78, #76). What's the reasoning behind this?

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#177 Post by tenia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:30 pm

anvilscepe wrote:Are MoC titles not released in spine order? I own spine #82 (Il Grido), but according to some recent posts, two Pialat films will be released in early March (#78, #76). What's the reasoning behind this?
They go right after the spines of the other Pialat...

anvilscepe

#178 Post by anvilscepe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:49 pm

That really doesn’t answer my question, but thanks. Maybe I worded my question incorrectly?

jbaart

#179 Post by jbaart » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

anvilscepe wrote:That really doesn’t answer my question, but thanks. Maybe I worded my question incorrectly?
I think the spine numbers are decided on before release dates are set, based on logical groupings of titles.

RodneyOz

#180 Post by RodneyOz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:46 pm

They are not released in strict spine order. Never have been. Number 68 (The Burmese Harp) hasn't been released yet either, and There's Always Tomorrow (spine 86) comes out next month though spines 87 through 91 have been out since last year. The reasoning for the numbers of the two Pialats coming up is to fit in with the other five Pialat releases; the seven of them will be spines 72 to 78.

anvilscepe

#181 Post by anvilscepe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Excellent! Thanks for the answers. I wasn't necessarily interested in the Pialat's per se; I was only just referring to them.

I guess I'm just used to Criterion and them being extremely organized IMO.

TMDaines

#182 Post by TMDaines » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Criterion are exactly the same though in releasing spine numbers out of order. :shock:

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#183 Post by tenia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm

TMDaines wrote:Criterion are exactly the same though in releasing spine numbers out of order. :shock:
Precisely. I don't remember exactly how late but La grande illusion has been released after #2 to #6, something like that.
But in MoC, the problem comes with the delays between the release of movies from the same line.
The Pialat covered a whole year.

TheGodfather

#184 Post by TheGodfather » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:15 am

So that was uber quick from Eureka: ordered quite a few titles from their recent newsletter sales on the 30th and one of them (Toni) already arrived today. Nice!

jbaart

#185 Post by jbaart » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:14 am

Yeah, my Black Shield of Falworth also arrived today!

med

#186 Post by med » Fri May 14, 2010 10:13 am

Has anyone experienced any delays when ordering from Eureka lately? I ask because two weeks ago today I placed an order and it has yet to arrive. (I live in the States, for what it's worth.) I've not had to wait this long previously, so I was curious if this should be cause for concern. Could it be due to the volcanic ash that's been mucking up air travel as of late?

Anyway, if I don't receive my order by tomorrow, I'll e-mail Eureka directly.

ccfixx

#187 Post by ccfixx » Fri May 14, 2010 10:36 am

med wrote:Has anyone experienced any delays when ordering from Eureka lately? I ask because two weeks ago today I placed an order and it has yet to arrive. (I live in the States, for what it's worth.) I've not had to wait this long previously, so I was curious if this should be cause for concern. Could it be due to the volcanic ash that's been mucking up air travel as of late?

Anyway, if I don't receive my order by tomorrow, I'll e-mail Eureka directly.
Well, my last experience of ordering the "M" and "City Girl" blu-rays resulted in Eureka having to send me extra copies because they hadn't shown up after a month or so of waiting. The replacement copies that were sent showed up within 2 weeks or so, and the first copy of "City Girl" eventually showed up, as well. However, I still never saw the first copy of "M" that they had sent me.

Many factors could come into play, I suppose.

CC

Minkin

#188 Post by Minkin » Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 pm

I have had one order come in an amazingly quick four days (orders from the East Coast take longer!) but the rest of the orders have been about 1-2 weeks. The latest of which had a customs stamp on it, explaining any delay. Delays or accidents are to be expected with any international shipping. Fortunately, MoC know how to do packaging (unlike awful Amazon UK) and everything arrives in perfect condition.

RossyG

#189 Post by RossyG » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Anyone know how long Eureka take on average to send stuff to a UK address? I ordered two BDs on May 27th (Soul Power and For All Mankind) and they haven't shown up yet. It's a bit early to contact them but I'm getting a bit nervous. :oops:

med

#190 Post by med » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:30 pm

I would think not that long, since it only takes about a week to ship to the US.

I received an MoC delivery yesterday; it arrived in a timely fashion, though one of the four items I ordered was missing! I've already e-mailed them about this, but this does make the second consecutive time I've ordered from them only to have something happen along the way (the previous issue being my order never arriving even after three weeks; see post earlier in this page). A replacement for that was sent, of course, and it showed up less than a week after I e-mailed them about it. I've no doubt they'll handle this one with similar care, but still.

RossyG

#191 Post by RossyG » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks for the advice, Med. I'll send them an email.

med

#192 Post by med » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:12 pm

And I received a response re: my missing DVD:
this was indeed sent separately, it should arrive any day!
I also asked when Profound Desires of the Gods was scheduled to ship (as I've pre-ordered a copy):
PDOTG is being shipped tomorrow, hopefully.
So good news all around!

doc mccoy

#193 Post by doc mccoy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:59 am

Have Eureka sent out copies of Le Grand Jeu yet? Has anyone received them?

RossyG

#194 Post by RossyG » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:22 am

What email address did you use, med?

I used the customer@eurekavideo.co.uk one on the 11th and haven't got a response.

I'm starting to get a little worried. :(

Arn777

#195 Post by Arn777 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 am

I received Le Grand Jeu on Friday as well as the Metropolis poster.

doc mccoy

#196 Post by doc mccoy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks Arn777.

med

#197 Post by med » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 am

RossyG wrote:What email address did you use, med?

I used the customer@eurekavideo.co.uk one on the 11th and haven't got a response.

That's the one. The first time I e-mailed them - it was about the order that never arrived - it apparently was misdirected into their spam box, so a couple of days passed before I got a response. That said, I'd give Kevin a little more time, seeing as how we're just coming out of the weekend.

RossyG

#198 Post by RossyG » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Fair enough. Will do.

Duncan Hopper

#199 Post by Duncan Hopper » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:07 am

Profound Desires arrived this morning.

Eureka

#200 Post by Eureka » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:25 pm

RossyG wrote:What email address did you use, med?

Sorry for the slow responses guys, we've had an overactive spam filter which has now been sorted, response time has also been compounded by me attending a music festival from Thursday last week until Monday this week. I'm back in action now and all mails should have been answered. If they haven't please forward them again either to customer@eurekavideo.co.uk or me directly at kevin@eurekavideo.co.uk I pick up both mail accounts and will aim to reply within 24 hours.