Where's my MoC?

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
Der Spieler

Re: Where's my MoC?

#151 Post by Der Spieler » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:02 am

It's supposed to be here on the 5th maximum.

Usually it arrives way before the indicated date but I guess the strike has laid one on me.

Dadapass

#152 Post by Dadapass » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:28 pm

My copy of Sunrise finally got here!

Ashirg

#153 Post by Ashirg » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Ordered Naruse set directly from Eureka back in August. Never got the first package. They sent it out again in the mid-October. Still waiting...

Eureka

#154 Post by Eureka » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:22 am

Ashirg wrote:Ordered Naruse set directly from Eureka back in August. Never got the first package. They sent it out again in the mid-October. Still waiting...
Hi Ashirg.

Sorry to hear it's not arrived. The postal system in the UK at the moment is an absolute shambles.

Drop me an email and I'll send another via International Priority/Signed for - Kevin@eurekavideo.co.uk

perkizitore

#155 Post by perkizitore » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Kevin,
Do you plan to sell new items direct from your website? It's a vert nice initiative and i hope you'll continue it.

Finch

#156 Post by Finch » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Eureka wrote:The postal system in the UK at the moment is an absolute shambles.
Couldn't agree more: It took 3 weeks for the Sam Fuller and Film Noir 1 sets to arrive from Scandinavia (and I preordered a week before the release date in October).

perkizitore

#157 Post by perkizitore » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Mr Finch wrote:
Eureka wrote:The postal system in the UK at the moment is an absolute shambles.
Couldn't agree more: It took 3 weeks for the Sam Fuller and Film Noir 1 sets to arrive from Scandinavia (and I preordered a week before the release date in October).
[-X
I received more than a dozen packages with no problems (a couple arrived 1-2 days later). Even a DVD i sent to Canada arrived there a week later!

Cash Flagg

#158 Post by Cash Flagg » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Soul Power shipped from Amazon today.

Eureka

#159 Post by Eureka » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:19 pm

perkizitore wrote:Hi Kevin,
Do you plan to sell new items direct from your website? It's a vert nice initiative and i hope you'll continue it.
Hows this: Christmas Sale

Spread the word

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#160 Post by swo17 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:30 pm

Excellent! Is there a way to purchase multiple items in a single order? The "Buy Now" links take me straight to Paypal to buy that one item.

TMDaines

#161 Post by TMDaines » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Eureka wrote:
perkizitore wrote:Hi Kevin,
Hows this: Christmas Sale Spread the word
My (student) wallet is alredy begging for mercy and now this! Hmmm... I'm really tempted by Nosferatu, Vampyr and Il Grido, though I'm determined to hold off on Metropolis until the fully restored version is available.

Shame the free DVD isn't to my tastes.
swo17 wrote:Excellent! Is there a way to purchase multiple items in a single order? The "Buy Now" links take me straight to Paypal to buy that one item.
I doubt it matters as they'll just pack all the orders going to the same address together I imagine.

zedz

#162 Post by zedz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

There's fine print that the offers are only open to UK residents, but I remember that last time Eureka / MoC were very helpful in facilitating international orders for multiple titles via email. Is this also possible this time?

Great sale, by the way, including one of the discs of the year, the incredibly stacked La Gueule Ouverte, and don't miss the Classics of German Cinema set in the Eureka section (8 discs for 14.99).

Ovader

#163 Post by Ovader » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:41 pm

zedz wrote:There's fine print that the offers are only open to UK residents, but I remember that last time Eureka / MoC were very helpful in facilitating international orders for multiple titles via email. Is this also possible this time?
I just received a reply from Eureka's customer service and the shipping is free worldwide.

fiddlesticks

#164 Post by fiddlesticks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:42 pm

This sale has Tokyo Sonata (Blu-Ray) for £10.99, a good £4 less than I can find anywhere else using price-crawlers.

Eureka

#165 Post by Eureka » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:52 pm

swo17 wrote:Excellent! Is there a way to purchase multiple items in a single order? The "Buy Now" links take me straight to Paypal to buy that one item.
For sure, email me what you want to order and I'll send you an invoice via PayPal for the lot - customer@eurekavideo.co.uk

Same applies for anyone else, if you want to order multiple titles, give me a shout and I'll email you an invoice.
zedz wrote:There's fine print that the offers are only open to UK residents, but I remember that last time Eureka / MoC were very helpful in facilitating international orders for multiple titles via email. Is this also possible this time?

Great sale, by the way, including one of the discs of the year, the incredibly stacked La Gueule Ouverte, and don't miss the Classics of German Cinema set in the Eureka section (8 discs for 14.99).
Sorry about that, it IS available to everyone and free shipping too. I must have missed that one, I think it's only on one page?, I'll change that page in the morning.

Thanks,

Kevin - Eureka

Jonathan S

#166 Post by Jonathan S » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm

zedz wrote:and don't miss the Classics of German Cinema set in the Eureka section (8 discs for 14.99).
Amazon lists that as a 6 disc set and I'm sure that's correct. I bought all these releases individually and only The Blue Angel was a two-discer. Still great value, though; I must have paid at least £50 for them over time.

Eureka

#167 Post by Eureka » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Jonathan S wrote:
zedz wrote:and don't miss the Classics of German Cinema set in the Eureka section (8 discs for 14.99).
Amazon lists that as a 6 disc set and I'm sure that's correct. I bought all these releases individually and only The Blue Angel was a two-discer. Still great value, though; I must have paid at least £50 for them over time.
Ooops.

Jonathan S is indeed correct it is 6 discs

TMDaines

#168 Post by TMDaines » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 pm

Eureka wrote:Kevin - Eureka
Sorry to bother you but I made a slight mishap whilst ordering which I have emailed you about. I placed the wrong address on one of the DVDs I ordered.

Frankinho007

#169 Post by Frankinho007 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Is the Royal Mail still on strike?
Eureka's christmas offer is very seductive...

peerpee
not perpee

#170 Post by peerpee » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:18 pm

The two warring factions agreed to put aside their differences until after Xmas. So for the last 10 days or so everything's been back on track, and I think they've just about cleared the backlog. Now's the time to order anything from the UK! :)

TMDaines

#171 Post by TMDaines » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:25 am

Frankinho007 wrote:Is the Royal Mail still on strike?
For anyone who is interested: I ordered three DVDs on Tuesday evening, a further DVD on Wednesday evening, and was able to pick them all up at my student post room along with the free DVD and a catalogue this Saturday morning - everything in excellent condition. That means they probably arrived on Friday.

Frankinho007

#172 Post by Frankinho007 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:04 am

TMDaines wrote:
For anyone who is interested: I ordered three DVDs on Tuesday evening, a further DVD on Wednesday evening, and was able to pick them all up at my student post room along with the free DVD and a catalogue this Saturday morning - everything in excellent condition. That means they probably arrived on Friday.
Good to know. I'm waiting for my invoice and then I'm going to order Vampyr and Nosferatu. :)

TMDaines

#173 Post by TMDaines » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Frankinho007 wrote:Good to know. I'm waiting for my invoice and then I'm going to order Vampyr and Nosferatu. :)
That's what I went for! (+ Il Grido and Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow)

Ashirg

#174 Post by Ashirg » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:31 am

Eureka wrote:
Ashirg wrote:Ordered Naruse set directly from Eureka back in August. Never got the first package. They sent it out again in the mid-October. Still waiting...
Hi Ashirg.

Sorry to hear it's not arrived. The postal system in the UK at the moment is an absolute shambles.
I got the disc in the mail yesterday! Thank you!!!!!!

Frankinho007

#175 Post by Frankinho007 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:14 am

Frankinho007 wrote:
TMDaines wrote:
Good to know. I'm waiting for my invoice and then I'm going to order Vampyr and Nosferatu. :)
Received mine today. Everything's fine. :D