News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
eerik

Re: Where's my MoC?

#201 Post by eerik » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:20 am

Received my copy of Profound Desires as well. \:D/

RossyG

#202 Post by RossyG » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:57 am

And my copies of For All mankind and Soul Power arrived a couple of minutes ago, safe and sound. Many thanks. :)

Elephant

#203 Post by Elephant » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:42 am

Anyone in the US still waiting on their copy of Profound Desires of the Gods?

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#204 Post by tenia » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:27 pm

Well, I'm still waiting for my poster...

Oedipax

#205 Post by Oedipax » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Elephant wrote:Anyone in the US still waiting on their copy of Profound Desires of the Gods?
Got mine yesterday (Georgia).

tojoed

#206 Post by tojoed » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:45 am

Ordered "Le Grand Jeu" yesterday, received it today - with 5 postcards. Great service, as always.

zedz

#207 Post by zedz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:13 pm

What's all this about postcards? My Profound Desires arrived a couple of days ago, lovely but lonely.

I feel like I've somehow run afoul of the Soup Nazi. No postcard for you!

med

#208 Post by med » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:58 pm

I've gotten a couple each with my last couple of orders, but I've been throwing them out. They are nice, though!

Yojimbo

#209 Post by Yojimbo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:09 pm

zedz wrote:What's all this about postcards? My Profound Desires arrived a couple of days ago, lovely but lonely.

I've so far resisted buying a Blu-Ray, but this might be a good reason to finally relent
( I already have it on VHS, and its probably my fave Imamura)

spocker

#210 Post by spocker » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:03 pm

zedz wrote:What's all this about postcards? My Profound Desires arrived a couple of days ago, lovely but lonely.

Same here, neither Profound... or For All Mankind came with any postcards :(

Landjorden

#211 Post by Landjorden » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:51 am

I recieved two postcards with my order for Pitfall and Alone across the pacific but when I ordered Shoah a few weeks later it came without any.

RossyG

#212 Post by RossyG » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:39 am

The amount of postcards you get depends on how cool Eureka think you are.

I got five with my order. :P

(And now I'll probably get none with my next :oops: )

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#213 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 am

Why not leave a message in the Paypal message box asking politely for postcards?

Eureka

#214 Post by Eureka » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:48 pm

RossyG wrote:The amount of postcards you get depends on how cool Eureka think you are.

I got five with my order. :P

(And now I'll probably get none with my next :oops: )
You've got it all wrong, it's a bribe system, was it not you that sent me the iPhone4?

This is how it works people, you send me an iPhone4, you get some postcards in your order. [-o< :D It's got to be worth a try.

RossyG

#215 Post by RossyG » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

:D

It's a shame we're not all at school together, then we could do swapsies in the playground. Some may scorn such a primitive form of barter and say it's inneffectual but my completely full Panini World Cup '82 sticker book says otherwise.

Of course what you could do, Eureka, is be generous with all but one or two of the cards, get people hooked and desperate to complete their collection and then...

The two rarities on eBay, five pounds a pop. You could buy an iPad as well with all the money. :p

Finch

#216 Post by Finch » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:39 am

Kevin, got my copy of Le Grand Jeu yesterday; thank you very much. And thanks to Nick for releasing this film in the first place.

eerik

#217 Post by eerik » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:04 am

Received four Blu-rays (For All Mankind, Soul Power, City Girl and M) which I had ordered on Friday. Cardboard packaging was smashed from one corner but Blu-ray cases and discs are perfectly fine. For All Mankind is now the first Blu-ray that I have bought twice: got the Criterion from B&N sale last year.

Oh, and thanks for the artcards. I love you! :P

Murdoch

#218 Post by Murdoch » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Got my Keaton box today :D \:D/

Minkin

#219 Post by Minkin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Is there any news as to the Metropolis posters? Have they been printed yet? (still waiting on mine)

knives

#220 Post by knives » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Murdoch wrote:Got my Keaton box today :D \:D/
Got mine yesterday along with seven of those postcards and Tabu.
I honestly couldn't put down the book either. Probably the best job in that regard I've ever seen. I almost feel spoiled.

RobertB

#221 Post by RobertB » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:41 am

Nice to see all of you are getting such good service. Can’t say I’m very pleased with my latest order.

On June 2 I ordered L'Enfance Nue, Silence, Mikio Naruse 3 Films, Profound Desires of the Gods. Total cost £46.96. As always there is no order confirmation from MOC, only from paypal. June 18 I sent an email asking for the order status and was asked to wait a few more days. June 24 nothing had arrived and Kevin said he would send replacements with registered mail, and asked me to confirm my address, which I did. What went wrong this time I don’t know. Either he didn’t receive my address, or he forgot to send the replacements.

July 1 I asked for the tracking number for the replacements, but was told they hadn’t shipped! Kevin once again asked me to confirm my address. I did. And a few hours later I asked for the tracking number. Kevin promised to send me the tracking number as soon as he had it. He didn’t. On the 5th (this Monday) The naruse box and Profound Desires arrived with registered mail. At last! But not L'Enfance Nue or Silence. I emailed, and Kevin replied that they had been sent separately. (Why?) He didn’t give me any tracking number of course… On Wednesday I emailed again, asking for a tracking number, but have not received any reply.

Maybe I’m just a problem, demanding too much. But I paid for those two films over 5 weeks ago. And this email back and forth is no fun. I’m fed up and will order them from dvd.co.uk. In the future I suggest you start sending out emails when the films ship. I have no confirmation that the original order was ever received at MOC, and have no idea what the status is for the replacements.

Der Spieler

#222 Post by Der Spieler » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:35 pm

I guess it's bad luck 'cause I alway got my orders within a week and I'm in Canada.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#223 Post by swo17 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Just got this email.
Dear Customer,

Many thanks for your recent order, unfortunately due to a production delay we are slightly behind schedule with our July releases.

We are expecting stock on the following dates and orders will be shipped the same day that stock arrives with us.

Paranoiac Blu-ray - Tuesday 20th July
Vengeance Is Mine Blu-ray - Friday 23rd July
La Planete Sauvage Blu-ray - Friday 23rd July

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this delay.

Peacock

#224 Post by Peacock » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Nick,
Is Kevin on holiday?
I've sent a couple of emails to him over the past 2 weeks enquiring about my City Girl BD which I ordered as part of the 'World Cup' sale which never turned up, but haven't had a reply yet. Should I be sending these to the support email rather than the kevin one?

Eureka

#225 Post by Eureka » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Peacock wrote:Nick,
Is Kevin on holiday?
I've sent a couple of emails to him over the past 2 weeks enquiring about my City Girl BD which I ordered as part of the 'World Cup' sale which never turned up, but haven't had a reply yet. Should I be sending these to the support email rather than the kevin one?
Nope,I'm here. I've not seen any emails that I've not answered. Send it to me again and I'll try and get back to you this evening.