Wild Side

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
repeat

Re: Wild Side

#26 Post by repeat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:15 am

tenia wrote:I haven't suggested The River by Renoir, but Hawks' Red River to be released by Wild Side. It's not part of the sale, but the 25€ current price is quite attractive.
No, but the other person did - good suggestions both!

Jesus Christ, stop press - before anyone blows their finances on that French offer: almost ALL of the Classics Confidential sets are available for HALF price or less on the Spanish and/or Italian Amazon sites, and with much better shipping rates too. Good job I didn't place my order yet...

TMDaines

#27 Post by TMDaines » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:37 am

Always check Amazon.es before ordering from any of the other European sites. That really needs to be stickied somewhere! Some of the savings are ridiculous.

Perkins Cobb

#28 Post by Perkins Cobb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

TMDaines wrote:Always check Amazon.es before ordering from any of the other European sites. That really needs to be stickied somewhere! Some of the savings are ridiculous.
Although it should be said that it took 20 days for my first Amazon.es order to arrive in NYC this month.

repeat

#29 Post by repeat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Perkins Cobb wrote:Although it should be said that it took 20 days for my first Amazon.es order to arrive in NYC this month.
Is that considerably slower than from the other European sites? Because my Spanish order arrived (to Europe) about twice as fast as anything I've ever ordered from Amazon UK...

Perkins Cobb

#30 Post by Perkins Cobb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Not night and day, but I would say that I've had better luck (maybe as little as 10 days) on my most recent orders from Amazons FR, DE, and UK. Ordinarily I'd be happy to wait longer to save a few bucks, but I've learned not to use .es now if there's a deadline involved.

Matt

#31 Post by Matt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:53 pm

The Red River release is a gorgeous package. I wonder what the hold-up is with Criterion's expected version.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#32 Post by tenia » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:33 am

Matt wrote:The Red River release is a gorgeous package. I wonder what the hold-up is with Criterion's expected version.
I have quite the opposite opinion on the packaging, which looks like something still in progress. An awful bleeding red color, a front artwork with all this black sky on the top but they chose to put the title in a tiny small red square on top of the picture and not to fill this black empty sky, plus the spine which looks like a $1 clearance sale product.

djvaso

#33 Post by djvaso » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Posted by Geoffrey Firmin at DVDClassik forum:
The Big Heat
The Night of the Hunter
Thief

TMDaines

#34 Post by TMDaines » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Thank goodness I won't have to support Twilight Time. I thought their model was the only viable route for the kind of titles they were releasing though ^^.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#35 Post by swo17 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 pm

TT's argument was that their model was viable for their relatively small size and the specific relationship that they have with their licensor, not necessarily for the kinds of titles they release.

TMDaines

#36 Post by TMDaines » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:54 am

Yes... because they were forced to get into that specific relationship with their licensor. The one that they kind of drew up. The poor guys, they had no choice!

rockysds

#37 Post by rockysds » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:29 pm