Signal One Entertainment

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: Signal One Entertainment

#76 Post by tenia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 am

Three Faces of Eve has been pushed back to May 28th.

Cash Flagg

#77 Post by Cash Flagg » Tue May 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Has The Gunfighter been delayed again? It was supposed to have been released yesterday, but is 'currently unavailable' on Amazon. (Ditto Eve.)

Ashirg

#78 Post by Ashirg » Tue May 29, 2018 11:04 pm

blu-ray.com has dates as September 24 for The Gunfighter and July 9 for The Three Faces of Eve.

rapta

#79 Post by rapta » Wed May 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Upcoming release dates are as follows (correct as of 30th April):

Firestarter (Plan B) - June 11th
Super Troopers (S1) - June 25th
The Three Faces of Eve (S1) - July 9th
Red Rock West (Plan B) - August 20th
Fire Sale (S1) - August 27th
The Gunfighter (S1) - September 24th
Nightmare Alley (S1) - October 29th

Halls of Montezuma (S1) - TBC
The Inspector (S1) - TBC
Let's Make Love (S1) - TBC
The Rare Breed (Plan B) - TBC
The Razor's Edge (S1) - TBC

All 'TBC' titles will be scheduled from October onwards, apparently, and there are a handful more titles yet to be announced (for both labels).

Cash Flagg

#80 Post by Cash Flagg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:44 pm

More delays, according to Amazon:

Firestarter - 6/25

The Gunfighter - 11/25

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#81 Post by tenia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:54 am

Does anybody know why Signal One are getting so heavily into delays this year ? It seemed to have improved lately but now it looks so much worse than past years.

whaleallright

#82 Post by whaleallright » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm

I assume their release is of the Tyrone Power/ Gene Tierney Razor's Edge and not the abominable Bill Murray version?

The Fanciful Norwegian

#83 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:52 pm

The '84 version is with Sony so I doubt it will be that. The '48 version is a Fox title so it's right up Signal One's street.

Cash Flagg

#84 Post by Cash Flagg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:27 am

Let's Make Love pushed to 7/16, but there will doubtless be further delays. At least Firestarter was actually released today!

Has there been any further news on Red Rock West?

Cash Flagg

#85 Post by Cash Flagg » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:54 am

Let's Make Love now has a 12/31/18 placeholder date. (3 Faces of Eve still shows 7/9, but I have my doubts!) I haven't seen an explanation for, or even an announcement of, any of the seemingly endless delays on their Facebook page.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#86 Post by tenia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:54 am

3 Faces of Eve is showing on Amazon as "temporarily out of stock", which has been the case for other postponed releases that reached their original release date without having their product pages updated with the proper delayed date.
Does anybody know if at least review discs have been made available to reviewers ? This would indicate the files at least are available and another delay might happen but for other reasons, but if these discs don't even exist yet, we might not even be close to the release materialising.

In any case, I hope Signal One will start better communicate on these massive and repeated delays( but also try to explain why they're happening in the first place).

Colpeper
I Am the Glueman

#87 Post by Colpeper » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Surprisingly, given that I shared the cynicism about release dates, this afternoon I received a despatch notice from Amazon UK for The Three Faces Of Eve.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#88 Post by domino harvey » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:08 pm

Like a bad joke, the label rep just confirmed Nightmare Alley and the Gunfighter have been delayed AGAIN, to Q3 and Q4. That's shorthand for the years 4003 and 4004 btw

What A Disgrace

#89 Post by What A Disgrace » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 pm

The only way to accurately express my disappointment would be a YouTube montage of all the times Yosemite Sam blew his top, but I don't have one of those.

KJones77

#90 Post by KJones77 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 am

Sad to see all the hype and excitement early on in this thread when the label launched. I haven't picked up any of their titles yet (though I have my eyes on Doc and Guns at Batasi), but was planning on doing so when Nightmare Alley and/or The Gunfighter finally came out.

Seems these delays have really taken the steam out of the enthusiasm for the label. Hopefully they can get back on track with two great packages that make the wait more than worth it.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#91 Post by tenia » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 am

It's very complicated to get excited about a label's output when there's pretty much no output anymore except announcements that the few planned releases are getting delayed by several months for the 4th time.

MichaelB

#92 Post by MichaelB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:22 am

Still, looking on the bright side, by the time Nightmare Alley comes out I'll most likely have forgotten every word of the commentary that Johnny Mains and I recorded last summer, so I'll actually be able to listen to it for pleasure for once (hopefully, but I remember we were pretty proud of this one).

rapta

#93 Post by rapta » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:33 pm

Unfortunately the market is tough right now, and things such as HMV going into administration definitely put a damper on things. Have been told first-hand that all other titles other than Nightmare Alley and The Gunfighter have been put on indefinite hold for now (including Red Rock West, which I was really looking forward to).

It's a shame as I recently watched The Boston Strangler disc and that has to be one of the best blind-buys I've made in the past 6 months; great film, perfect transfer and encode, excellent extras. What more could you want? I own nearly every S1 and Plan B disc released so far, and none of them have been a disappointment.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#94 Post by domino harvey » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:50 pm

At least Red Rock West already has a fine German Blu-ray

Finch

#95 Post by Finch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:16 pm

With the economics likely to get worse still (as we're looking at the increasing likelihood of a no deal Brexit and another recession), I'm grateful Nightmare Alley is still happening at all.

DeprongMori

#96 Post by DeprongMori » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:32 am

Looks like Nightmare Alley is delayed yet again. Amazon has updated the availability date to December 31, 2019. Not that I think that’s a real date either...

nitin

#97 Post by nitin » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:55 am

They confirmed at the br.com forums that they were hot pretty hard financially with HMV going into administration and everything would be delayed for quite a while.

DavyGallagher

#98 Post by DavyGallagher » Wed May 01, 2019 5:55 pm

I have every sympathy with people who have paid for pre-orders but S1 aren't delaying things for laziness, they're a business - they know how bad not having a single title in 2019 will hit them, but if they can't make it happen...they can't make it happen.

There's a burgeoning boutique market but sadly the margins are still very, very fine for labels.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#99 Post by tenia » Wed May 01, 2019 6:21 pm

I believe we all know they're not delaying stuff for fun, it's just that there's a point when you either need to delay it the right amount of time (and if it's 2 years, then so be it) or just cancel it once and for all. Otherwise, it looks like a label grasping at straws about its lead time, which doesn't make them look good at project planning.
I'm sure they have tons of reasons for delaying these that much, but we're no insiders. All we see is a release being delayed again and again, while in the meantime, other labels are releasing dozens of stuff.

rapta

#100 Post by rapta » Wed May 01, 2019 7:03 pm

From what I've heard it's purely lack of sales leading to financial difficulties, as they can't actually afford to release a lot of what they have planned. Nightmare Alley and The Gunfighter are the only titles on their slate for now, and they may actually be the lifeline for the future of this label. It'll be a shame to see them go as I've enjoyed every single release I've seen from them so far and own nearly all of them.