InterFilmArt Entertainment

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Gregory

Re: InterFilmArt Entertainment

#101 Post by Gregory » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:11 am

Jonathan S wrote:
Gregory wrote:
The print is basically in acceptable if not good condition....I am looking for a qualified and verified buyer whom is willing to go as high as $15,000.00.
Keep reaching for the stars, InterFilmArtEnterTainMent.
Well, that's a snip compared to the million dollars I recall Dettlaff asked for his unique print, still the only prime source for this film as far as I know. If they have an original nitrate of the Edison Frankenstein, I presume this is the Dettlaff print - though to run for the claimed 32 minutes a one-reeler (it's 975ft according to the Silent Era site) would have to be projected at only 8 or 9fps!
Yes, my understanding was that the Detlaff print was the only known surviving one, and that was the one used for the Frankenstein/Nosferatu DVD. This ebay listing claims "there is a version currently on DVD but this print far exceeds the running time on this original archival film print which is an amazing 32 minutes of undiscovered rare lost footage." I thought that meant the approximately 13 minutes of the film as we know it, plus 32 minutes of lost footage—in other words, they're just lying again. This was only ever a single-reel film, not a feature.
It's hard to tell what they're trying to claim, as "this print far exceeds the running time on this original archival film print" is nonsensical. This print far exceeds this print?

RobertB

#102 Post by RobertB » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:56 pm

FlickeringWindow wrote:Guess who has an eBay account and tried to auction an "original" nitrate print of the 1910 Edison Frankenstein?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281228343299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ebay.com/usr/interfilmartentertainment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are also trying to auction 16mm scope prints of the first two Godfather movies and a Kodachrome print created in 2001 of House of Dark Shadows.
The film-reel in the picture on ebay is not Frankenstein. It's something called The Spinners of Speech. I found it with google image search.
http://rjbuffalo.com/filmclips.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#103 Post by domino harvey » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Ha holy shit, report them to eBay please

ShellOilJunior

#104 Post by ShellOilJunior » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:44 pm

FlickeringWindow wrote:Guess who has an eBay account and tried to auction an "original" nitrate print of the 1910 Edison Frankenstein?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281228343299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ebay.com/usr/interfilmartentertainment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are also trying to auction 16mm scope prints of the first two Godfather movies and a Kodachrome print created in 2001 of House of Dark Shadows.
They do have a 25 feedback score. Further digging reveals 0 of these came from them being the Seller. All are from them buying.

Gregory

#105 Post by Gregory » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Straight from the ebay scammer playbook: make a bunch of small purchases right before listing anything to build up feedback.
The weird thing is that any alleged scammer would pick silent films as the bait. Fans of silent cinema are relatively few and tend to be knowledgeable. Why not pick something with multitudes of fans, most of whom are young and gullible? Or something that an eccentric rich guy would buy, like the original sword from The Sound of Music?

thefilmpimp

Re: InterFilmArt Entertainment / A victim (kinda) comes forw

#106 Post by thefilmpimp » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:52 am

Hi -
Obviously I am new here. After some research, I "Had" to enlighten you guys on this turd.

As a 16mm film collector, I too am guilty of trying to obtain great tittles for my collection. I seen the GODFATHER print for sale on this guys ebay page and it had zero bids for quite a few days. I emailed him an offer to end the auction. Great for both of us. HE gets to save the walloping Ebay fee - safe from any kind of feedback if I am not happy - and I take a chance on his non existent feedback. ( which he later tells me to "Relax", I have 25 feedback! You can trust me!)

More to the point -

He claims his print is LIKE NEW, LPP ( low fade stock - color will not fade). SCOPE and No running lines or wear.

Anyone who is a first year film collector will smell a dead fish here.

1. a 1972 movie will almost assuredly be on Eastman safety stock which has faded to pink/red. A syndication print is possible maybe printed in the late eighties, but then we are talking edited for television no doubt AND not in a scope format.
( more likely pan and scan ) - still not impossible, but HIGHLY unlikely.

2. He claims the stock to be LLP. Whatever THAT means! ( supposed to be LPP)

3. After further research and MY oversight - film was shot in 1:85. which means, THIS IS NOT a scope print.

THEN he claims that these were pulled from a rental library in 1999. What this joker doesnt know is that in 1999, 16mm was still VERY active and no librarys were shutting down thus yet. ALSO - if there ever was a factor to shy someone away from a sale, it's telling them that you are selling a rental print. Rental prints were abused by novices and film was torn and scratched etc...etc....95% of the time they are trash with running lines through the whole print. So, he's enticing people with that kinda pitch???

Anyhow . . so WHY bid or buy then?

Film enthusiasts have been known to score large for taking chances with ignorant sellers more or less getting great finds or better than expected pay offs. and why not? I AM BACKED BY PAYPAL under every broken not as described play in the book here! Even if the film wasn't in scope as i knew, if it really WAS in great condition - I would have made out OK. If I didnt like it? All I would need to do is send it back and get a full refund.

On December 11, I acquired this quacks contact information through the Ebay system. "Dave" from Carhedral City, CA. (Liar) -- I called him and left him a message. The man on the voicemail sonded about 82 years old all crusty like and stumbling over terminology etc..

No reply - so i emailed him through a separate Ebay account, and got a response.
Below is our original ebay threads:

Dear interfilmartentertainment,
Tried to reach you several times by phone to talk. Left a message as well.
Please call me at your earliest convenience as I would like to ask you a question. Thanks!

What do you want to know?

- interfilmartentertainment

Hi ,
Couple things. -- -- Was wondering why the EXORCIST film auction was pulled. I am interested in making you an offer if you still have it in said non faded color condition. As well as your GODFATHER film. I am local CA - Just let me know or call me --- --- ---. Thanks!

A friend of mine traded some other films for it so it was ended. I only accept Paypal, I'm sorry. Make me an offer I can't refuse (LOL).

Well - If it is truly LPP and In SCOPE . . . 500.00
Let me know asap. thx

Ok. pp acct: sales at interfilmartentertainment . com.

Thanks, I received it. Will ship ASAP.
- Dave

Scumbag. Note the "will ship as soon as possible" part.
So - two days go by, and of course the auction is still up.

Cant help but feel concerned here. Did I buy this from you or not?
Item now has bids on it, so I am wondering if print was mailed out yet.
Whats happening here as I have reason to be concerned.
Please send me a tracking number. Thank You.

I have another print of it. You just ordered it a couple of days ago so it's shipping today. Should have in a few days. My ebay score is 100 percent positive. Relax.
Best, Dave

Cool - I'm relaxed / was just curious.
You could have been one of those sellers way too busy to realize actually.
My denotation was just that of concern.
Cheers

MEANWHILE - the auction goes on and ends above 700.00. Higher than what i gave the guy actually. Then , I get THIS email that night . . . .

I've been in NYC and my shipper informs me a new print is going out to you directly from the studio. Enjoy! Tracking info forthcoming in a separate message. Sorry for the delay but sold these prints already.
Dave

It is now the 17th! was promised the print would be mailed ON the 13th-
and i paid him on the 11th.

I am irate at this point and have seen sellers "holding" Xmas money in the past. A loan if you will . . . .

"Sold" the prints already? Was this after he took my money or before???

I emailed him back and cussed him out ( which I wont bother post)
I told him I expected my free "expedited shipping" as promised and if the print was nothing less than what he described - it was going back.

I did not lie to you so I'm issuing you a refund right now!!

Well, that's fine with me!

Best of luck to he who bid. Too many blurred lines for me at this point though.

In the old days, it was quite common for a seller to attach a bank account, get the funds and then close said bank account. All under a phony guise. It was done all the time.

Spoke with Paypal, and even though I did not see anything on my account screen, they did take notes on what I told them and explained to me that I was covered and my funds would be available on the 23rd.

In case any of you do not know or missed it the first time around - A low fade print in original aspect ratio, FREE from scratches is extraordinarily rare. This crackpot is claiming he has more than one, in exact same conditions, and being delivered DIRECTLY from the studio no less. Freaking laughable.
Studios NEVER let 16mm prints go out to the public without putting a wire up their ass for personal info first. They have also destroyed TONS of them when rental houses closed rather than sell them off. petrified of cloning etc....
Labs don't even print 16mm anymore, and if they would, the cost is around 3500.00 minimum for a 3 hour film as this is. So you have to rule out copyright infringement right off the bat, I was only giving him 500.00 - But then again, as stated above - He specializes in great Forbes style investment opportunities as this. Invest large, profits low.

Keep an eye on this jokers feedback. If I am not almost 99.9% correct - "someone" will be getting blu-rays of the Godfather films in the mail just in time for xmas. Not even 16mm film.

Hey "Dave" if you are out there, bring on the lawsuit as I am calling you out as a retard and a scumbag scam artist. You have my address - I'd be more than glad to meet you face to face. Loser.

Gregory

#107 Post by Gregory » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:29 am

From the interfilmartentertainment eBay profile:
I'm a screenwriter and independent filmmaker as well.
Yeahhh, that's the ticket!

manicsounds

#108 Post by manicsounds » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Weird that these scammers are trying to steal money, but then tries to save its face by issuing refunds... What's their ultimate plan?

Numero Trois

#109 Post by Numero Trois » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 am

To take money from the weak and gullible. That's why they're called criminals.

thefilmpimp

#110 Post by thefilmpimp » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:52 pm

The drama begins to un-fold.
More to come in the next 8-9 days I'm assuming . . . .

http://tinyurl.com/kzncawy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Class316

Re: InterFilmArt Entertainment / A victim (kinda) comes forw

#111 Post by Class316 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:43 am

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the motivation in spending all that time and money to obtain 16mm reels?

Gregory

#112 Post by Gregory » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:44 pm

A possible classic in the making.
InterFilmArtEntertainment wrote:IFAE is proud to announce the motion picture...
They start filming on "5.1.014"

The same image has been posted on occult blogs going back several years, but not in connection with a film. I can't figure out what it is.

In other news, still no feedback for those eBay auctions of Godfather I and II 16mm prints. I wonder what happened.

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#113 Post by jindianajonz » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:46 pm

I assume that is May 1st, 10,014?

I can't wait to preorder!

Moe Dickstein

#114 Post by Moe Dickstein » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:59 pm

The well that never grows dry. Of Nazis.

I need to go watch "Dragnet" now and do the P.A.G.A.N. dance with my sheep leggings.

LloydK

#115 Post by LloydK » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:17 am

Last edited by LloydK on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

manicsounds

#116 Post by manicsounds » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:40 am

Well, site's gone, their March 15th release date of Triumph Of The Will passed and seems no discs were actually made. So the joke's finished? That's it?

Gregory

#117 Post by Gregory » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:38 am

Here's a YouTube channel with bogus film trailers ineptly cobbled together from images found on the internet and not any actual footage. Notice how he didn't even bother to come up with a different premise for Brotherhood of Satan and Exorcist V, just repeated the same text screens. The former trailer has more random modern art images, and with the latter we get random occult stuff and a bunch of thrilling photos of the exterior of the Exorcist House.
Last edited by Gregory on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregory

#118 Post by Gregory » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:22 pm

New trailers for the latest imaginary film. Impressive credits -- it's a film "starring Joseph Goebbels, Adolf Hitler, Hermann Goering" with "production design by Albert Speer."

Compare The Devil's Disciples: production designer, DP, costumer designer "ME" and "music by iTunes."
It's been called "Spellbinding"... "Captivating" and is an "Official Selection" and winner of the "Audience Choice Award."
Where do I sign up to invest?

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#119 Post by jindianajonz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm more excited for their release of The Pink Triangle
A new documentary film depicting the history of this tragic event in history.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#120 Post by domino harvey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 pm

jindianajonz wrote:I'm more excited for their release of The Pink Triangle
A new documentary film depicting the filmed documentary history of this tragic event in history, filmed in a new history documentary history film.
Fixed this for them