Code Red

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Code Red

#176 Post by domino harvey » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 pm

My mail has actually been coming super fast lately, and it's like Victorian days of old in that we're getting multiple deliveries a day from USPS. But yes, it's not unheard of for arrival scans to not happen at all and not see any movement on tracking til it hits a distro hub. But c'mon, this is Code Red, Code Red Guy printed the label to secure the funds and then put off shipping it, like all his packages

Arrow

#177 Post by Arrow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Every time I’ve ordered from the Code Red site, the tracking number provided through PayPal never updates, the package just arrives 2 weeks to 2 months later. And if the conversations on Blu-ray.com are any indication, that is common.

Adam Grikepelis

#178 Post by Adam Grikepelis » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:42 am

The one time I ordered from the Big Cartel store during a brief window of taking international orders, the tracking quite quickly registered as being “delivered” somewhere in the US. It did eventually turn up (in Australia) though. From what I’ve seen, it’s like others have stated, it can take a while with Code Red, but mainly that’s ‘cause it’s essentially a one-man business. And as you found, he doesn’t seem to take order inquiries well.

dwk

#179 Post by dwk » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:07 am

So perfectly Code Red. He opened up another online store and when you click on terms and conditions you get this

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#180 Post by tenia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 am

The responses in the RSP thread are marvelous :
"Free shipping on orders of $150 or more. $80 worth of merchandise in the store (currently). To get free shipping you'd have to order 2 of each item. If you order more than one copy of anything YOU'RE A HOARDER WHO RUIN EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE!"
"That's like a BOGO: buy one, get one." "With Bill’s shitty fulfilment, it’s more like Buy One, Get One If You’re Lucky. Eventually."

dwk

#181 Post by dwk » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:19 pm

SpiderBaby

#182 Post by SpiderBaby » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:23 am

Cronenfly

#183 Post by Cronenfly » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Hope this hasn’t already been addressed, but does Code Red do different discs when they are being sold exclusively versus when they are in general distribution? The Almost Human disc, for instance, looks to have different specs depending on who you are buying it from, with much less included on the general release version.

Adam Grikepelis

#184 Post by Adam Grikepelis » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:12 am

I think it varies disc to disc, but yeah, Almost Human lost some extras. A quick glance at BD.com suggests most Kino-distributed editions have had some extras cut - at least based on the back covers.