Code Red

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
nitin

Re: Code Red

#126 Post by nitin » Tue May 09, 2017 7:57 am

A call to arms if I ever saw one.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#127 Post by domino harvey » Tue May 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Weirdest part is DVDBeaver was always complimentary to the label, so there's not even a reason to bite the hand here.

I think the real question here is how does he keep getting approved for all these credit cards if he just maxes them all out?

Ribs

#128 Post by Ribs » Tue May 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Has anyone tried convincing him that getting these particular movies out on BD actually isn't that important or even possibly important at all by any conceivable stretch of the imagination

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#129 Post by domino harvey » Tue May 09, 2017 12:29 pm

How dare you suggest that Foxbat shouldn't be experienced in anything but high definition

cdnchris
Site Admin

#130 Post by cdnchris » Tue May 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Gary posted a pic of that post on Facebook and is probably a bit perplexed by it. But that's my reaction to every one of Bill's posts, even the really mundane ones.

dwk

#131 Post by dwk » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Kino is distributing Code Red's One Dark Night DVD and Blu-ray (release date is August 1st). So you can get the damn thing without dealing with Bill.

Here are the extras:
Original DVD Extras:
  • Audio commentary with co-writer/director Tom McLoughlin and co-writer Michael Hawes
  • Alternate Director’s Cut (in standard definition - 1.33:1)
  • Behind the scenes footage
  • Theatrical Trailer
New Extras:
  • New HD master from various film elements, with extensive color correction which is exclusive to this release
  • New audio commentary with co-writer/director McLoughlin and producer Michael Schroeder
  • New interviews with co-writer/director McLoughlin
  • New interview with actress E.G Daily
  • New interview with actress Nancy Mott (McLoughlin)
  • New Interview with cinematographer Hal Trussell
  • New interview with production designer Craig Stearns
  • New Interview with producer Schroeder
  • New Interview with special effects crew member Paul Clemens
  • Photos from Paul Clemens personal collection

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#132 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:53 am

Ordering direct from Ronin gets you a slip and superior cover, though:

Ishmael

#133 Post by Ishmael » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:02 am

"Beyond Fear"? Sooooo... you won't actually be scared. Suitable for all ages!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#134 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:05 am

You joke, but this film is rated "PG" and is in fact pretty mild. It has its charms, though

dwk

#135 Post by dwk » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 am

Derek Estes

#136 Post by Derek Estes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 am

I'm wondering how long it usually takes for Code Red orders to ship from the Big Cartel site. It's been almost 2 weeks since I placed my order, and I haven't had any response. I sent one email, but I'm afraid to pester him, lest I incur Bill Olsen's wrath. Anyone have a similar situation?

markymark

#137 Post by markymark » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

Derek Estes wrote:I'm wondering how long it usually takes for Code Red orders to ship from the Big Cartel site. It's been almost 2 weeks since I placed my order, and I haven't had any response. I sent one email, but I'm afraid to pester him, lest I incur Bill Olsen's wrath. Anyone have a similar situation?
As Bill mentioned in the podcast linked to above, he doesn't drive and isn't in the best of health. He's a one-man operation and needs a friend to drive him to the post office so it doesn't happen with any regularity. You'll get your stuff, but there's really no pattern to when things will ship out. It's just when he can get orders to the post office :|

Grand Wazoo

#138 Post by Grand Wazoo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:33 am

I appreciate the hosts being respectful of Bill as there is no reason to rag on a guest, especially one whose releases they hold real affection for, but there is no evidence here to back up the intro where they say he's actually quite a sweet and funny guy. He sounds about as miserable and unpleasant as we all would assume from his insane internet ranting with some tangents that show a severe lack of awareness that I genuinely find surprising even for him. He honestly cannot understand why a film starring a "name" like Michael Dudikoff won't sell today?

jazzo

#139 Post by jazzo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:13 am

Just wanted to add that, though I haven't bought a ton of CR/Scorion stuff, the few that I have (A Day at the Beach, Saint Jack, Messiah of Evil and The Silent Scream), unless exclusive to their Cartel site, have been ordered through through Diabolik DVD, and all have been shipped promptly, arrive quickly, and are tracked the whole way. And as a Canadian, it's one of three options available to me (Screen Archives and their new Ronin Flix site being the other two) .

All three have been absolutely painless because you don't have to deal with Bill and his shit.

I'd also like to add a recommendation for THE SILENT SCREAM from Code Red, if low budget horror flicks are your thing. Just as charming as I remember it from my 1980's VHS days, it's not really like most of their other releases; the main characters are immesnely likable (it's hard not to fall in love with LOU GRANT actress, Rebecca Balding, in her first film role), the story is simple and engaging and very non-eploitative, there are some moderately ambitious flourishes with camera placment/movement and scene blocking, the glimpse of nudity is brief and justified and the violence almost is almost non-existent. Not all of its logic hold water, but it is a very endearing, very mild gothic suspenser that I enjoyed being around for 90 minutes.

Also, I'm really looking forward to revisting ONE DARK NIGHT for those very reasons. Loved it back in the day. I feel like it'll hold up well.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#140 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:15 pm

One Dark Night with the slipcover is only $19.99 with free shipping for one week only at Ronin Flix

Perkins Cobb

#141 Post by Perkins Cobb » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Code Red Bill on Facebook wrote:Saw my Cardiologist . She wanted to do a test angiogram that'll cost $25,000. I ask them how much if I pay in cash? they said nobody pays cash, it much better using your insurance. I told them my insurance doesn't cover Shit. I really want to do the test, please let me know how much. 3 days later, they called me and told me the test will be $6,400 cash. well tough task raising that amount I got the money and so now they did the test to see if heart valve is working.

Well after painful test they found my heart valve is in passable condition. No operation is needed. But still no answer on my bloating and puffiness and unable to drive anymore. anyway, my survival probably ruin one label's day. but like they say SURVIVAL IS THE BEST REVENGE! more test and 2nd opinion soon!
But Fred Olen Ray is lecturing him about his diet, so maybe that'll turn things around.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#142 Post by domino harvey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:50 am

In a strange turn of events (see previous page in this thread), a member of the Blu-ray forum paid Kim Newman's fee for an Opera extra after Code Red Guy balked. Code Red Guy just pocketed the money and didn't bother to hire Newman.

Adam X

#143 Post by Adam X » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:03 am

I really wish Scorpion would take over the reigns on CR's upcoming Argento/Soavi titles like they did Fulci's The Psychic.

nitin

#144 Post by nitin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:57 am

domino harvey wrote:In a strange turn of events (see previous page in this thread), a member of the Blu-ray forum paid Kim Newman's fee for an Opera extra after Code Red Guy balked. Code Red Guy just pocketed the money and didn't bother to hire Newman.
That thread just keeps on giving!

colinr0380

#145 Post by colinr0380 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Perhaps he just really wanted Alan Jones instead! :wink:

Perkins Cobb

#147 Post by Perkins Cobb » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:19 pm

I sold Stigma for something like $60 so I can't tell you how delighted I am to see it's now worth $1.95.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#148 Post by domino harvey » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:28 pm

Code Red just branched off into an additional simultaneous label, Dark Force Entertainment-- kind of like signing up for a new credit card to offset your existing credit card debt, but okay

Big Ben

#149 Post by Big Ben » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:40 pm

domino harvey wrote:Code Red just branched off into an additional simultaneous label, Dark Force Entertainment-- kind of like signing up for a new credit card to offset your existing credit card debt, but okay
This comment on Blu-Ray.com is *chef's kiss* perfection.
OTHER LABELS steal my master. What else can I do but create OTHER LABEL and steal my own!

Mr Sloane

#150 Post by Mr Sloane » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Personally I just like this response from Bill's brother, Walt, when a poster suggested he may know what this is all about:
I have nothing to do with any of this, I don't know what the heck it is ,what's going on , honestly I've got better things to worry about, so be it