Scorpion Releasing

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
dwk

Re: Scorpion Releasing

#76 Post by dwk » Thu May 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Kino insider announced two Scorpion releases that they are distributing:
Queen of the Stardust Ballroom (1975) on August 7th
Leonor (1975) on August 21st
here are the extras for Leonor
• Brand New 2018 HD Master of the 85-Minute U.S. Cut | Brand New 2017 HD Masrer of the 99-Minute International Cut
• In English and Spanish (with optional properly translated English subtitles)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Troy Howarth

dwk

#77 Post by dwk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Update on The Church from Roninflix's Facebook page
Some great news to report.. THE CHURCH has shipped and should be available next week.

This collector's edition will now be a limited 1,500 edition and to make up for the delay, we will include a poster of the new custom artwork done by Wes Benscoter.

The disc will only be available at Ronin for domestic customers.

The disc will come with a slipsleeve, and will have a reversible cover.

In both English and Italian with new English subtitles.

DISC 1 BD50:
- Feature at max bitrate w/ English and Italian DTS Stereo
- Audio Commentary with star Barbara Cupisti moderated by Nathaniel Thompson
- The Mystery of the Cathedrals with Michele Soavi (20 min.)
- Alchemical Possession with Dario Argento(13 min.)
- Theatrical Trailer

DISC 2 BD25:
- Interview with Tomas Arana (26 min.)
- Interview with Barbara Cupisti (25 min.)
- Interview with Asia Argento (9 min.)
- Interview with Giovanni Radice (15 min.)
- Interview with set designer Massimo Geleng (21 min.)
- Interview with screenwriter Franco Ferrini (14 min.)
- Intervew with makeup artist Franco Casagni (10 min.)

We will send another post when it's available for order

Cash Flagg

#78 Post by Cash Flagg » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Human Experiments available to order
Blu-ray includes a Limited Edition Slipcover while supplies last.

In a secret room, deep in the catacombs of Gates Prison, there are secret experiments going on .... human experiments! Rachel Foster, a beautiful country singer is falsely convicted of murder and is sentanced to prison. Once inside, her existence becomes an unending nightmare of pain and terror. In a desperate attempt to escape, she embarks on a terrifying chase through the catacombs of the prison. But instead of finding freedom, she finds herself in a final confrontation with the sadistic prison psychiatrist, Dr. Kline.

Starring Linda Haynes, Geoffrey Lewis, Jackie Coogan, Aldo Ray

Special Features: New HD master from the original camera negative, Audio Commentary with director Greg Goodell, Watch in Katrina's Nightmare Theatre Mode, Original trailer, Reversible Cover

dwk

#79 Post by dwk » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Both The Church (2-disc set) and The Unseen are available at Ronin Flix. If you buy both before 11:59am on the 6th, you'll save $5 with the promo code SAVE5.

dwk

#80 Post by dwk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 pm

A couple days ago Walter Olsen/Scorpion Releasing posted an update on The Last Seduction
I want to be upfront with all of you, that the HD master that is utilized on this version of The Last Seduction is an older one supplied by ITV, which is all they have. The reason it took me almost 3 years to release this title is because I spent all that time searching for elements in the United States to do a new 2K scan. However, all film elements that were in ITV's possession in the United States turned out to be nothing but a workprint and release prints that have been beaten to death. Without going into details, I wasn't able to come to terms with getting a scan done even in the UK, so I contemplated for almost a year wondering if I should even release this at all, as I did not want the backlash. But in the end, I decided that since it is still a much better presentation than the old full frame DVD that utilized a 1” tape master, plus I also did a brand new audio commentary and licensed the old extras, I figured I will release it regardless. So please realize that this version is from an older HD master, but it is still the best version you will see anywhere at this time.

Please understand that this is the final say on this title. I have spoken 100% truth about this older HD master to prospective buyers, and I have exhausted every possible avenue regarding making a new HD master on this film. It is what it is, and I will not respond to any further inquiries on this title. Thank you.

But if you have any other questions about any of my other upcoming titles, please feel free to do so. Your support is always appreciated.

dwk

#81 Post by dwk » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:52 am

Scorpion has licensed a large batch of titles from MGM
All I can say is it's the biggest deal I have ever done, and these will be Ronin exclusives and will not go through Kino , my deal has some horror films, some action , some comedy , biker films, some drama from the 70s , Leo Fong, The Hammer, some Cannon . several AIP titles, a black and white monster movie, Japanese monsters, and as well as deluxe edition of some of my all time favorite action films with new scans, I'll be hinting at one of them in a week or so. Would have mentioned these earlier if not for my health issue

dwk

#82 Post by dwk » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:02 pm

Scorpion might release a remastered The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea
The original camera negs have been sent for me to take a look at to see if I could improve on a beautifully shot, but disturbing, 1976 drama based on a classic Japanese novel that I'm a big fan of. The old Blu-Ray that came out 6 years ago was not well-received, so I want to see if I can make this film a lot better with today's technology. More info to follow.

dwk

#83 Post by dwk » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am

The Blu-rays of Rituals and Fulci's The Psychic are both available to order from Ronin Flix.

Cash Flagg

#84 Post by Cash Flagg » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:15 pm

Bucktown available to order from Ronin Flix
Special Features: New interviews with stars Fred Williamson and Tony King, director Arthur Marks and editor George Folsey Jr., Original Trailer

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#85 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:06 pm

Altman’s Beyond Therapy coming soon

dwk

#86 Post by dwk » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:53 am

Terror Train (limited to 2,000 copies) and Paul Naschy's The Mummy's Revenge (limited to 1,500 copies) are up for sale at Ronin Flix. Terror Train has all the extras from the Scream Factory release, but those will be dropped from the general retail version. The Mummy's Revenge isn't getting a general retail release.

dwk

#87 Post by dwk » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:09 am

According to Ronin Flix, Scorpion's Blu-rays of Argento's The Card Player and Phantom of the Opera are going to be available later this month and Fulci's Gates of Hell(aka The City of the Living Dead) will be available in January.

M Sanderson

#88 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:59 am

Sketchy on the transfer for Card Player. Same as the German mediabook including apparently one scene in SD?

Glad “lesser Argentos” are being given a chance.

I’d hope for Sleepless at some point and, one day, Trauma. Trauma’s soft and exquisite lighting, dense imagery etc require sensitive treatment (it’s looked appalling in its European B-R release).

dwk

#89 Post by dwk » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:41 am

Scorpion is also releasing Sleepless, but I'm not sure when. Walter Olsen has been dealing with serious heath issues and Scorpion's most recent releases are being finished by some people from another label and they will be handling producing his titles until he is well.

As for Trauma, Severin said they have an Argento title coming up next year and, based on what is out in the US, it could only be one of the following:
Four Flies on Grey Velvet
Eyewitness & The Tram from Door into Darkness
The Five Days of Milan
Trauma
Do You Like Hitchcock?
Pelts from Masters of Horror Season 2 (this can safely be crossed off the list as it is with Lionsgate)
The Mother of Tears
Giallo

dwk

#90 Post by dwk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:29 am

Thw Card Player and The Phantom of the Opera are for sale on Ronin Flix. Order before midnight Pacific and you get a free Ronin Flix matchbook(?)

Adam X

#91 Post by Adam X » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:41 am

They must’ve run out of magnets.

I really hope Walter Olsen pulls through. He seems like a decent guy, who really cares about his work, and that tale of his medical problems that was recently posted on facebook sounds absolutely horrible.

MichaelB

#92 Post by MichaelB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:00 am

Given the workloads involved in this profession, I’m amazed we don’t get more tales of health-related woe. Over the years I’ve twice taken over projects at a fairly advanced stage when the label bosses concerned fell seriously ill enough to be forced to take time off work (in one case several months).

Orlac

#93 Post by Orlac » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:20 pm

I must say: I'm delighted with Scorpion's release of ASSINGMENT TERROR

black&huge

#94 Post by black&huge » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:36 pm

Does Scorpion do a sale around new years? I'm interested in a few titles

dwk

#95 Post by dwk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:09 pm

No. Ronin Flix had a sale, 35% off if you spent at least $50 on select titles, in December

M Sanderson

#96 Post by M Sanderson » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:17 am

dwk wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:41 am
Scorpion is also releasing Sleepless, but I'm not sure when. Walter Olsen has been dealing with serious heath issues and Scorpion's most recent releases are being finished by some people from another label and they will be handling producing his titles until he is well.

As for Trauma, Severin said they have an Argento title coming up next year and, based on what is out in the US, it could only be one of the following:
Four Flies on Grey Velvet
Eyewitness & The Tram from Door into Darkness
The Five Days of Milan
Trauma
Do You Like Hitchcock?
Pelts from Masters of Horror Season 2 (this can safely be crossed off the list as it is with Lionsgate)
The Mother of Tears
Giallo
If not Trauma then I’d hope for “Hitchcock” as it’s not available in full HD

dwk

#97 Post by dwk » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:09 pm

According to a post at the Blu-ray.com the Ronin Flix matchbook says Scorpion will be releasing the following:
The Delta Force
Death Warrant
The Mechanic
Lone Wolf McQuade

Adam X

#98 Post by Adam X » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:22 am

Of course they're releasing Death Warrant, I only ordered the UK disc last night.

black&huge

#99 Post by black&huge » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm really conflicted so hopefully someone can help me choose which direction to go in:

I'm a big fan of Opera and recently went back to re-read reports about the picture wobble in the initial SE Scorpion blu release. The youtube video that showed it seems to be gone now and I hear it persists mostly in the beginning and last portions. However I don't really feel like shelling out $50 for the LE where the wobble was corrected (AFAIK no new pressings of the fixed image were ever issued for the SE) but that would basically be the one big reason I would go that route. Add on top of that I don't care all too much for the special features mainly consisting of interviews and commentaries or the alternate AR presentations. If I absolutely "have to" go the route of the LE is there any justification in the special features or the alternate AR's that make it worth owning aside from just wanting a wobble-less picture?

And secondly how bad is the wobble on the SE and does it persist through more of the film than just the opening and last portions?

nitin

#100 Post by nitin » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:33 am

The LE also has Italian audio (albeit only in mono rather than stereo as advertised)