Scorpion Releasing

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
dwk

Re: Scorpion Releasing

#76 Post by dwk » Thu May 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Kino insider announced two Scorpion releases that they are distributing:
Queen of the Stardust Ballroom (1975) on August 7th
Leonor (1975) on August 21st
here are the extras for Leonor
• Brand New 2018 HD Master of the 85-Minute U.S. Cut | Brand New 2017 HD Masrer of the 99-Minute International Cut
• In English and Spanish (with optional properly translated English subtitles)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Troy Howarth

dwk

#77 Post by dwk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Update on The Church from Roninflix's Facebook page
Some great news to report.. THE CHURCH has shipped and should be available next week.

This collector's edition will now be a limited 1,500 edition and to make up for the delay, we will include a poster of the new custom artwork done by Wes Benscoter.

The disc will only be available at Ronin for domestic customers.

The disc will come with a slipsleeve, and will have a reversible cover.

In both English and Italian with new English subtitles.

DISC 1 BD50:
- Feature at max bitrate w/ English and Italian DTS Stereo
- Audio Commentary with star Barbara Cupisti moderated by Nathaniel Thompson
- The Mystery of the Cathedrals with Michele Soavi (20 min.)
- Alchemical Possession with Dario Argento(13 min.)
- Theatrical Trailer

DISC 2 BD25:
- Interview with Tomas Arana (26 min.)
- Interview with Barbara Cupisti (25 min.)
- Interview with Asia Argento (9 min.)
- Interview with Giovanni Radice (15 min.)
- Interview with set designer Massimo Geleng (21 min.)
- Interview with screenwriter Franco Ferrini (14 min.)
- Intervew with makeup artist Franco Casagni (10 min.)

We will send another post when it's available for order

Cash Flagg

#78 Post by Cash Flagg » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Human Experiments available to order
Blu-ray includes a Limited Edition Slipcover while supplies last.

In a secret room, deep in the catacombs of Gates Prison, there are secret experiments going on .... human experiments! Rachel Foster, a beautiful country singer is falsely convicted of murder and is sentanced to prison. Once inside, her existence becomes an unending nightmare of pain and terror. In a desperate attempt to escape, she embarks on a terrifying chase through the catacombs of the prison. But instead of finding freedom, she finds herself in a final confrontation with the sadistic prison psychiatrist, Dr. Kline.

Starring Linda Haynes, Geoffrey Lewis, Jackie Coogan, Aldo Ray

Special Features: New HD master from the original camera negative, Audio Commentary with director Greg Goodell, Watch in Katrina's Nightmare Theatre Mode, Original trailer, Reversible Cover

dwk

#79 Post by dwk » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Both The Church (2-disc set) and The Unseen are available at Ronin Flix. If you buy both before 11:59am on the 6th, you'll save $5 with the promo code SAVE5.

dwk

#80 Post by dwk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 pm

A couple days ago Walter Olsen/Scorpion Releasing posted an update on The Last Seduction
I want to be upfront with all of you, that the HD master that is utilized on this version of The Last Seduction is an older one supplied by ITV, which is all they have. The reason it took me almost 3 years to release this title is because I spent all that time searching for elements in the United States to do a new 2K scan. However, all film elements that were in ITV's possession in the United States turned out to be nothing but a workprint and release prints that have been beaten to death. Without going into details, I wasn't able to come to terms with getting a scan done even in the UK, so I contemplated for almost a year wondering if I should even release this at all, as I did not want the backlash. But in the end, I decided that since it is still a much better presentation than the old full frame DVD that utilized a 1” tape master, plus I also did a brand new audio commentary and licensed the old extras, I figured I will release it regardless. So please realize that this version is from an older HD master, but it is still the best version you will see anywhere at this time.

Please understand that this is the final say on this title. I have spoken 100% truth about this older HD master to prospective buyers, and I have exhausted every possible avenue regarding making a new HD master on this film. It is what it is, and I will not respond to any further inquiries on this title. Thank you.

But if you have any other questions about any of my other upcoming titles, please feel free to do so. Your support is always appreciated.